Jump to content
Villain The Foe

Jamal Adams "Arguably the best Safety in the League" Video Breakdown

Recommended Posts

Don't take football stat breakdowns as totally dispositive; there's too much going on on every play to say Player X was the difference maker, nor doesn't account for the other players on the unit making a play or failing. Saw a breakdown that while Adams was among the 10 best safeties vs. the run, he was also among the bottom 10 in pass defense. As to the later, entirely possible the lack of a pass rush and the general awfulness of the rest of the other defenders might very well play a big part of that. Clearly he is very good against the run, but that isn't nearly as important as passing defense. Which is in large part because DBs generally and safeties especially are overhead roster filler under the PI rules. Shutdown corners no longer exist, and as to the jets' defense, they got beat every week by allowing QBs all day to find a receiver. After the 2.8 seconds, your DBs barely matter. And if anyone starts with telling a Jets fan that any DB hits hard, BFD. 

Simply mindboggling ANY team would take a safety in the first round, over a QB. But the 2017 Jets, a team without an offense, used their top 2 picks for safeties. Adams might be a great safety, but that's kinda the point; he's a safety.

  • Upvote 6
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Before I seen folks knocking him as some sort of overrated or low effort guy

Please provide one (1) example of anyone, at any time, accusing Jamal Adams of being a “low effort guy.”

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Please provide one (1) example of anyone, at any time, accusing Jamal Adams of being a “low effort guy.”

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

 

God, this was such a good post by me in that thread. I really am a savant with this stuff. 

jamals.PNG

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

God, this was such a good post by me in that thread. I really am a savant with this stuff. 

jamals.PNG

You're consistent atleast! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

 

 

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Please provide one (1) example of anyone, at any time, accusing Jamal Adams of being a “low effort guy.”

 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:15 PM, VinnyT16 said:

Good safety but as you saw today. Very low impact. 

BE28B406-D2D3-40A7-BFDA-F6D4F45CCB08.gif.df23c6ab6cd425f1196c285b78d44929.gif

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Look up top. 

 

Thanks buddy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Don't take football stat breakdowns as totally dispositive; there's too much going on on every play to say Player X was the difference maker, nor doesn't account for the other players on the unit making a play or failing. Saw a breakdown that while Adams was among the 10 best safeties vs. the run, he was also among the bottom 10 in pass defense. As to the later, entirely possible the lack of a pass rush and the general awfulness of the rest of the other defenders might very well play a big part of that. Clearly he is very good against the run, but that isn't nearly as important as passing defense. Which is in large part because DBs generally and safeties especially are overhead roster filler under the PI rules. Shutdown corners no longer exist, and as to the jets' defense, they got beat every week by allowing QBs all day to find a receiver. After the 2.8 seconds, your DBs barely matter. And if anyone starts with telling a Jets fan that any DB hits hard, BFD. 

Simply mindboggling ANY team would take a safety in the first round, over a QB. But the 2017 Jets, a team without an offense, used their top 2 picks for safeties. Adams might be a great safety, but that's kinda the point; he's a safety.

Can you provide that breakdown? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO this thread

More of the mouth being great where the rest of the body is not, which is what the NY Jets have been most famous for over the last decade - talk, talk and, more talk.

You want to be the best safety in the league? STFU, go out and beat the crap out of people every week, and win some god damn football games.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is possible to be both high effort and low impact as the girlfriends of fellas with small equipment might concede on any given day of the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing he is such a game changer, this teams defense could have been rated 34th in the league instead of 29th if not for him.

We got rid of Damon  Harrison and brought in a 6th overall run stopper instead.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Mahomes but Adams is Great!!  The two truths are not mutually exclusive. 

Would I still have taken Maohomes, yep but so what we didn't and Adams is here now, no sense knocking the player cause Mac is was nuts!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Don't take football stat breakdowns as totally dispositive; there's too much going on on every play to say Player X was the difference maker, nor doesn't account for the other players on the unit making a play or failing. Saw a breakdown that while Adams was among the 10 best safeties vs. the run, he was also among the bottom 10 in pass defense. As to the later, entirely possible the lack of a pass rush and the general awfulness of the rest of the other defenders might very well play a big part of that. Clearly he is very good against the run, but that isn't nearly as important as passing defense. Which is in large part because DBs generally and safeties especially are overhead roster filler under the PI rules. Shutdown corners no longer exist, and as to the jets' defense, they got beat every week by allowing QBs all day to find a receiver. After the 2.8 seconds, your DBs barely matter. And if anyone starts with telling a Jets fan that any DB hits hard, BFD. 

Simply mindboggling ANY team would take a safety in the first round, over a QB. But the 2017 Jets, a team without an offense, used their top 2 picks for safeties. Adams might be a great safety, but that's kinda the point; he's a safety.

While I don't disagree with the overall premise of shying away from a safety in the first unless that is the last piece or two you need on your D, when does the drat position wash away for this player? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

LMAO this thread

More of the mouth being great where the rest of the body is not, which is what the NY Jets have been most famous for over the last decade - talk, talk and, more talk.

You want to be the best safety in the league? STFU, go out and beat the crap out of people every week, and win some god damn football games.

Hey, I'm older too(not as quite your age I think). I get it. We have an old school mentality of handing the ball back to the ref after a TD and getting up after a tackle and walking back to the LOS without the dance. Jamal talks. So what man? He comes out every week and plays as hard or harder than every single player on the team. I might prefer the quiet type, but why does it bother so many that he talks?  If he didn't come out and play hard, and successfully that would be saying something. We should want 11 Jamal Adams' on D. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread @Villain The Foe !

One of the aspects of the Jets we have been missing is that trust in great players. We had it with the Sack Exchange. We had it with Parcells LB corp. of Jones, Mo and Cox. We had it with Revis. When you knew your players were going to be smart and make the play.  Jamal Adams offers that. Problem has been Bowels/Rodgers idiotic D schemes and a lack of talent out there with him. I love Jamal Adams and I honestly believe he wants to be great and be on a great D. He loves the idea of CJ Mosely being out there with him and so do I.  

Getting Rid of Skrine and Lee and replacing them with Pool and Mosely respectively is going to be a sea change for this D. Quinnen Wiliams and Polite to the D line could be big too. Add to it that Williams actually knows how to call a D and make adjustments. 

I'm excited for this team and Jamal Adams is one of the reasons. I wonder how long it's going to take for guys to get over the draft selection aspect of this player.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

And yet they do same exact things . Tell me more tho 

 

20190527_112202.thumb.jpg.2e3a28daf5dfb5970374039860db558a.jpg

 

3X the picks in half the time.  Almost as many sacks. FFs? LOL, if we wanted an OLB, should have drafted one. 

 

Derwin is a 6'2 DB that runs a 4.3. Jamal is good. Derwin is just.....better. it is what it is. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal Adams is good in coverage. Like top 5 in the league in coverage.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain the coverage behind Jama's blitz at the 2:40 mark of the film?

Adams blitzes hard and forces a quick throw, that actually should have been a completion to the FB, but no one rolls to cover the WR that he leaves vacant by blitzing?  Had the Bills picked Adams up, that WR is wide open.  What kind of defense was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't take football stat breakdowns as totally dispositive; there's too much going on on every play to say Player X was the difference maker, nor doesn't account for the other players on the unit making a play or failing. Saw a breakdown that while Adams was among the 10 best safeties vs. the run, he was also among the bottom 10 in pass defense. As to the later, entirely possible the lack of a pass rush and the general awfulness of the rest of the other defenders might very well play a big part of that. Clearly he is very good against the run, but that isn't nearly as important as passing defense. Which is in large part because DBs generally and safeties especially are overhead roster filler under the PI rules. Shutdown corners no longer exist, and as to the jets' defense, they got beat every week by allowing QBs all day to find a receiver. After the 2.8 seconds, your DBs barely matter. And if anyone starts with telling a Jets fan that any DB hits hard, BFD. 

Simply mindboggling ANY team would take a safety in the first round, over a QB. But the 2017 Jets, a team without an offense, used their top 2 picks for safeties. Adams might be a great safety, but that's kinda the point; he's a safety.

A safety who can’t cover. That’s like taking a QB that can’t complete a 20 yard pass downfield. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

LMAO this thread

More of the mouth being great where the rest of the body is not, which is what the NY Jets have been most famous for over the last decade - talk, talk and, more talk.

You want to be the best safety in the league? STFU, go out and beat the crap out of people every week, and win some god damn football games.

Picking off a few passes wouldn’t hurt either. How about even 2 a season that way it would show he’s making progress in defending the pass. 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...