The next five years of QBs

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Peyton's passion, dedication, preparation, and ability to transform everything in his mind into tangible results on the field far exceeds anything I've ever seen from any athlete at the highest level in any sport - and all of it was done without super-natural athletic ability.

Sam is already a more gifted athlete. If he can adapt even 80% of the cerebral aspects of Peyton's game, he'll be a top 5 QB in the league for many many years. The below excerpt gives me great optimism.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/05/27/adam-gase-new-york-jets-cj-mosley-nfl-combine-jerry-jones-cowboys-contracts?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com

Excellent post.

Yes, the key to Manning’s Hall of Fame accomplishments was everything above the neck.

If Darnold stays on his current course it’s not even going to be fair....to the NFL.  You’ll see.

That’s why I predict a Wildcard berth THIS year and a takedown of the Patriots in a few more.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Emotional?  You're the one defending a player who plays for another team.  I'm emotional though because I need more than one season to say who will have the better career.  Never said one will definitely be better, just I wouldn't make the trade.  But your not the emotional one, I am.

Just like you complained that a key fan on a jet board isn't sold on one over another and recommended you discuss with fellow Browns fans.

But I'm emotional.  Lol

His accomplishments need no defending. You claimed it not to be clear to you, so i provided a clear reason....using nothing but football info and stats

You responded the way you always respond, with emotional, personal, non-football statements.

I can literally quote the entire interaction as well as the moment you stopped talking football & the topic and started talking about me through your emotions...if you need to see it. 

If you need me to show you just ask. I have no problem highlighting it for you.

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol at not taking Cam. He did more in one year than Darnold will do for a career. (More than likely)

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol at not taking Cam. He did more in one year than Darnold will do for a career. (More than likely)

Is cam even playing this year? Guy has a bum shoulder and is about to be 30. If I’m drafting a team tomorrow I’m taking the healthy 21 year old Darnold 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Is cam even playing this year? Guy has a bum shoulder and is about to be 30. If I’m drafting a team tomorrow I’m taking the healthy 21 year old Darnold 

This is so called hypotheticals. It doesn't  matter whether Cam is taking a year off. Darnold will never amount to what Cam has already done. At least a third of the QBS listed  have already  and /or will have better stats/career wins then him. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

This is so called hypotheticals. It doesn't  matter whether Cam is taking a year off. Darnold will never amount to what Cam has already done. At least a third of the QBS listed  have already  and /or will have better stats/career wins then him. 

How do you know that? Why are you so down on Darnold? Sam won’t put up Cams rushing stats but I’m sure he will surpass him through the air

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How do you know that? Why are you so down on Darnold? Sam won’t put up Cams rushing stats but I’m sure he will surpass him through the air

I'm  not down on anything or anyone. I'm just up on logic. Losing QBs  throw for yards now, it doesn't matter.  He won't  be a winning QB. He won't rival any current  or 5 year span top 5 to 10. He'l  just be another Richard Todd/ Browning Nagle, in the 50 year history of the team. That's my prediction  and I'm sticking to it. 

It will be 1 to 4 years before  we even know how close it is to the truth. You'll  forget and move on to the next jock, you hope succeeds.

8 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I'm  not down on anything or anyone. I'm just up on logic. Losing QBs  throw for yards now, it doesn't matter.  He won't  be a winning QB. He won't rival any current  or 5 year span top 5 to 10. He'l  just be another Richard Todd/ Browning Nagle, in the 50 year history of the team. That's my prediction  and I'm sticking to it. 

It will be 1 to 4 years before  we even know how close it is to the truth. You'll  forget and move on to the next jock, you hope succeeds.

Lol ok thanks dude, cam has thrown over 4000 yards just once in his career btw. Sam will do that in his age 22 year. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol ok thanks dude, cam has thrown over 4000 yards just once in his career btw. Sam will do that in his age 22 year. 

I already covered that. Darnold's amount of yards is irrelevant. He won't win and he won't last. He won't be top 5 or 10 anything. Just another use to was's QB, in Jets and nfl history. 

2 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I already covered that. Darnold's amount of yards is irrelevant. He won't win and he won't last. He won't be top 5 or 10 anything. Just another use to was's QB, in Jets and nfl history. 

Brees Manning Favre and Brady are 1-4 in career passing yards. They all have Super Bowls. Where do you get this notion that passing yards don’t equate so success? And what has your precious guy Cam ever accomplish that so special. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Brees Manning Favre and Brady are 1-4 in career passing yards. They all have Super Bowls. Where do you get this notion that passing yards don’t equate so success? And what has your precious guy Cam ever accomplish that so special. 

I said his yards won't amount to success, like the countless other QBS who have thrown to unmolested  receivers for the last 10 years. Lol at thinking second year doofuss will have anything to do with the names you mentioned. He needs to get past butt-fumble success level first.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

I said his yards won't amount to success, like the countless other QBS who have thrown to unmolested  receivers for the last 10 years. Lol at thinking second year doofuss will have anything to do with the names you mentioned. He needs to get past butt-fumble success level first.

Ok you’re right. Jets will always be losers. Darnold will be another bad qb. And everything is miserable. I’m sure you’re a lot of fun at parties

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Could be alot of changes to that list at the end of the season. I personally disagree though with Wilson, I love him as a person but think he is very over rated as a quarterback. He is a great time manager but he is not elite imo. How do you give Rodgers a "yes out of respect" and Wilson a clear yes?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Well I did this as how QBs will perform in the next 5 years. Wilson is only 30 years old is still in his prime. Rodgers is 36 now so that’s why I made that statement. I don’t think Rodgers will perform at an elite level for the next 5 years. Wilson I can see him to continue to put up his career averages for those 5 years

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It’s too early to say on a lot of these QBs. 

Darnold is part of a group of 10 young QBs that are still TBD.

But I also would only take Mahomes, Rodgers, Ryan, and Luck over him for the next 5 years.

Of the 10 guys that are still finding their way, I would only take Baker ahead of Darnold. I liked Baker better coming out of college and he had an excellent rookie year. Darnold has shown me a ton though. So that gap is close. This season will be a big tell.

Russell over Ryan

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can I please bitch about Mayfield not being a clear "yes". 

Or is this where Im supposed to act like a Jets fan? 

?

I love Baker, but how much better would Sam stats be with the 2nd best OLine (Browns) in the league.  I believe the Jets were close to the bottom.

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Well Cam is a 58% career passer so idk. Such big shoes to fill. 

Guy has the same amount of accomplishments and rings that Sam Darnold has.

NONE.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

NONE.

He has better athletic  skills and more fame ,popularity  and stats then Darnold has any hope of ever accumulating. You cant lose  a SB unless you get to one.  Butt-fumble made  it to two conference  championships. Darnold won't even make it to one. 

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

He has better athletic  skills and more fame ,popularity  and stats then Darnold has any hope of ever accumulating. You cant lose  a SB unless you get to one.  Butt-fumble made  it to two conference  championships. Darnold won't even make it to one. 

You’re clearly trolling.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You’re clearly trolling.

no, its called an educated prediction based on 50 years of nfl repetitive data.

and how the hell am I trolling? everything I said in the post you quoted, is in fact, a fact. Only the last remark remains to be seen..but that will easily be answered in a season or two, whether its even possible

9 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

no, its called an educated prediction based on 50 years of nfl repetitive data.

and how the hell am I trolling? everything I said in the post you quoted, is in fact, a fact

You just brought up fame and popularity as a means to give a solid point towards your argument. Just seems a little trollish and unrealistic to expect someone to take that serious. Mark Sanchez’s team dragged him to back to back championships and he has nothing to show for them just like Cam Newton has nothing to show for his trip to the SB. Cam Newton is disgustingly inaccurate at times, throws bone-headed interceptions 8 years into his career and hasn’t progressed as a passer since he got into the league. Cam Newton will probably never see a deep playoff run again so excuse me if I take the kid who can throw into tight windows, has the ability to become an insanely polished passer and can make big plays and close games out.

5 hours ago, brex said:

I love Baker, but how much better would Sam stats be with the 2nd best OLine (Browns) in the league.  I believe the Jets were close to the bottom.

Darnold would have done much better.

With that out of the way, would you say that Darnold would have had just as good or a better rookie season than Mayfield if Darnold was a Brown? 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

NONE.

To be fair, Cam is a former league MVP, and though he doesn't have a ring, he does have an NFC conference championship given thats he's played in a superbowl.

Im not saying that you should change your mind on Cam in respects to the topic, im just saying, lets not start discrediting Cam's accomplishments just so we can make the "potential" of a 21 year old seem more accomplished or on equal footing than that of an MVP and NFC conference champion. 

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You just brought up fame and popularity as a means to give a solid point towards your argument. Just seems a little trollish and unrealistic to expect someone to take that serious. Mark Sanchez’s team dragged him to back to back championships and he has nothing to show for them just like Cam Newton has nothing to show for his trip to the SB. Cam Newton is disgusting inaccurate at times, throws bone-headed interceptions 8 years into his career and hasn’t progressed as a passer since he got into the league. Cam Newton will probably never see a deep playoff run again.

how you bend the why's is irrelevant. I simply mean that, no matter how or why it happened, Sanchez got more juice and was in more meaningful games then Darnold will ever be in. How good you think he was has nothing to do with it.

Cam. = is he or is he not more of a physical beast and more popular to fans then Darnold ever will be? the answer is yes. Did he attain higher success in a super bowl? yes. Unless Darnold reaches that point, he will in fact be remembered as a lesser player than Cam in football history.

Darnold is both a USC and a Jets QB.

both categories have failed in the nfl for 50 plus years and he's got both titles over his head.

statistically he has no chance.

Palmer, Leinhart , won Heisman's, Palmer did better but never got "there"

Booty, Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Marinovich, Rob ( you took Fluties job,bitch)  Johnson ,Rodney Peete,

on and on and on

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/26/7292979/usc-quarterbacks-nfl-mark-sanchez-carson-palmer-matt-leinart

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam will be top 10 in the league within 2 to 3 years and he wont hit his prime for like another 8 years. You take him for that fact alone

If we surround Darnold with skill players like the Chiefs had this year (thugs aside) I think he would be putting up huge numbers sooner rather than later.

So if Bell is back to being Bell and Enunwa can stay healthy and Herndon keeps moving forward after a very good rookie year you might see Sam approach 30 TD's the question is can he avoid the mistakes/Ints that have been a part of his game up to this point ?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

how you bend the why's is irrelevant. I simply mean that, no matter how or why it happened, Sanchez got more juice and was in more meaningful games then Darnold will ever be in. How good you think he was has nothing to do with it.

Cam. = is he or is he not more of a physical beast and more popular to fans then Darnold ever will be? the answer is yes. Did he attain higher success in a super bowl? yes. Unless Darnold reaches that point, he will in fact be remembered as a lesser player than Cam in football history.

Darnold is both a USC and a Jets QB.

both categories have failed in the nfl for 50 plus years and he's got both titles over his head.

statistically he has no chance.

Palmer, Leinhart , won Heisman's, Palmer did better but never got "there"

Booty, Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Marinovich, Rob ( you took Fluties job,bitch)  Johnson ,Rodney Peete,

on and on and on

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/26/7292979/usc-quarterbacks-nfl-mark-sanchez-carson-palmer-matt-leinart

By this logic, Saquon Barkley is a bust because he’s a penn state RB

right or wrong?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

To be fair, Cam is a former league MVP, and though he doesn't have a ring, he does have an NFC conference championship given thats he's played in a superbowl.

Im not saying that you should change your mind on Cam in respects to the topic, im just saying, lets not start discrediting Cam's accomplishments just so we can make the "potential" of a 21 year old seem more accomplished or on equal footing than that of an MVP and NFC conference champion. 

I really don’t see what Cam has done that is note worthy — BESIDE his one good year. Why are we talking about Cam Newton like he’s always been so good when in reality he’s been pretty mediocre from a passing efficiency standpoint. This really and honestly has nothing to do with Sam. I’m actually just pretty shook that someone is sticking up for Cameron NEWTON. 

Okay though.

But what I will say is this poster is pretty much trying to debate over a player that displays all the traits of a QB that won’t do much. He said most Bad QB’s just accumulate a lot of yards and it doesn’t mean anything because they can’t win. Who does that sound like to you? Bc it sounds like Cam Newton to me.

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam will be top 10 in the league within 2 to 3 years and he wont hit his prime for like another 8 years. You take him for that fact alone

I think the team will gel sooner like in year six, if they get what he needs around him with a competent D.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I think the team will gel sooner like in year six, if they get what he needs around him with a competent D.

I feel like outside of corner, they already have a really exciting collection of players on D. Mosley, Quinnen, Leo, Jamal, Henry Anderson. It’s going to be fun.

i think Bell and Crowder help a ton. They gotta continue to work on that OL in the following years and take as much opportunity to get some playmakers in here. We’ll be good to go. 

As depressing as things seem we really aren’t far off at all.

10 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

So basically right now you have a choice of being optimistic or a complete downer, and you chose downer because...?