The next five years of QBs

39 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel like outside of corner, they already have a really exciting collection of players on D. Mosley, Quinnen, Leo, Jamal, Henry Anderson. It’s going to be fun.

i think Bell and Crowder help a ton. They gotta continue to work on that OL in the following years and take as much opportunity to get some playmakers in here. We’ll be good to go. 

As depressing as things seem we really aren’t far off at all.

How quickly an offensive line can gel..I believe is the biggest piece of puzzle...takes time to build especially if we aren't there now with it....we will see.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If we surround Darnold with skill players like the Chiefs had this year (thugs aside) I think he would be putting up huge numbers sooner rather than later.

So if Bell is back to being Bell and Enunwa can stay healthy and Herndon keeps moving forward after a very good rookie year you might see Sam approach 30 TD's the question is can he avoid the mistakes/Ints that have been a part of his game up to this point ?

Bell and Herndon are key pieces. Even the WR  group isnt total garbage. 

However, if we expect anything positive from Darnold then the Jets MUST get him a proper Oline. QB careers have literally gone down the drain because of poor protection. Once QB start seeing ghosts and hearing steps it's pretty much over for them  

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really don’t see what Cam has done that is note worthy — BESIDE his one good year. Why are we talking about Cam Newton like he’s always been so good when in reality he’s been pretty mediocre from a passing efficiency standpoint. This really and honestly has nothing to do with Sam. I’m actually just pretty shook that someone is sticking up for Cameron NEWTON. 

Okay though.

But what I will say is this poster is pretty much trying to debate over a player that displays all the traits of a QB that won’t do much. He said most Bad QB’s just accumulate a lot of yards and it doesn’t mean anything because they can’t win. Who does that sound like to you? Bc it sounds like Cam Newton to me.

It's one more than Darnold has...and it was the best of the season. 

My intention isnt to carry on with Cam talk, I just wanted the man to be properly represented. Would I take him over Darnold? No, but Cam isnt chopped liver either.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's one more than Darnold has...and it was the best of the season. 

My intention isnt to carry on with Cam talk, I just wanted the man to be properly represented. Would I take him over Darnold? No, but Cam isnt chopped liver either.

It’s one more than what Darnold has but Darnold has only had one season. Cam is a 8 year vet and he’s poop. 

If you ask me.??‍♂️

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You responded the way you always respond, with emotional, personal, non-football statements. 

Are you illiterate?  I said they're both good.  I said it's only one year.  I also told you it's a jet board.  That's emotional?  personal?  Non-football?  Lol.  Really?  Both good, need more than one season?  Were you confused when I said I thought they're both good but I wouldn't trade Darnold for Baker, admitted that's me.  Somehow triggered this nonsense from you?  

You're the only one pimping a player from another team because you mentioned him in a post a year before the draft and to make up for your unbelievable fail with Glennon.

That's too emotional for you? 

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

There you go in your emotions again.

You're yesterday's news. Move on. 

There you go being incapable of admitting you were being.

Then not being able to stay away all you throw our the yesterday's news line.  But yeah you feel the need to comment. 

Emotions, LOL.

21 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure how Darnold can be a "Yes" when players who've played longer with better stats are a "Nope" unless it's just "Please god, let him make it"

If all the QBs in the league were put in a draft to build your franchise going forward. Taking age into account. Which QBs would you take over Darnold? Not talking about the past. Future 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Drums said:

So basically right now you have a choice of being optimistic or a complete downer, and you chose downer because...?

What downer? Where's the downer part?  We are just talking about tv entertainment  sports. No emotion  is involved. Just trivial talk about a trivial topic. 

53 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If all the QBs in the league were put in a draft to build your franchise going forward. Taking age into account. Which QBs would you take over Darnold? Not talking about the past. Future 

You aren’t taking into account Tua, Fromm and Trevor Lawrence when they come out though. They all three could be slam dunks.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

By this logic, Saquon Barkley is a bust because he’s a penn state RB

right or wrong?

Wrong. Penn State has had successful RBS in the pros. Either because  they went to playoff games or had long/er careers or you remember  their names fondly. Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, John Cappelletti, Matt Suhey

Other than that, it's an apples to eggs argument. One has nothing to do with the other. Very few college jocks make pros at every position  but the usc QB problem has been a constant.  

Penn St. RB= Matt Suhey ,Bears, SB 20. Franco Harris ,4 SBs= 5 SB wins.  USC QBS = zero.

Just now, Hackenberg said:

Wrong. Penn State has had successful RBS in the pros. Either because  they went to playoff games or had long/er careers or you remember  their names fondly. Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, John Cappelletti, Matt Suhey

Other than that, it's an apples to eggs argument. One has nothing to do with the other. Very few college jocks make pros at every position  but the usc QB problem has been a constant.  

Penn St. RB= Matt Suhey ,Bears, SB 20. Franco Harris ,4 SBs= 5 SB wins.  USC QBS = zero.

I just feel like trying to categorize a player’s potential by their college is....uh.. ineffective 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just feel like trying to categorize a player’s potential by their college is....uh.. ineffective 

Lol :)  seems  like I barely had my post up less then 30 seconds before you answered!  

Yet, It obviously  isn't  because  I just gave the data that proves it keeps happening. 

It's been effective for 50 straight years, for usc and for the Jets.  Maybe the Jets should just keep drafting from Alabama, till it works again. 

27 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Lol :)  seems  like I barely had my post up less then 30 seconds before you answered!  

Yet, It obviously  isn't  because  I just gave the data that proves it keeps happening. 

It's been effective for 50 straight years, for usc and for the Jets.  Maybe the Jets should just keep drafting from Alabama, till it works again. 

Alabama hasn’t produced an nfl qb in the last 100 years. Tell me which college is turning out consistent nfl (Super Bowl winning) QBs every year btw? 

1 hour ago, Hackenberg said:

So how did Big Ben win a Super Bowl  if his alma mata never produced a Super Bowl winning qb? Or Eli?or Flacco?  Or Peyton? Or Rodgers? Or Phil Simms? Or Kurt Warner? Or Brett Favre? Or Russell Wilson?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Alabama hasn’t produced an nfl qb in the last 100 years. Tell me which college is turning out consistent nfl (Super Bowl winning) QBs every year btw? 

Yet, it's  the only place that gave the Jets any success.  Lol its' called a punch line, a joke. Nothing you were supposed to take literally. Jeez...

Last one hundred years? Pull out the calculator because  your math is a tad off.

Namath, Stabler, Richard Todd.

Richard Todd gave you a 42-51-1  lifetime record!  You ungrateful lout!

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So how did Big Ben win a Super Bowl  if his alma mata never produced a Super Bowl winning qb? Or Eli?or Flacco?  Or Peyton? Or Rodgers? Or Phil Simms? Or Kurt Warner? Or Brett Favre? Or Russell Wilson?

.......what?

A.1. Their colleges obviously  did produce one because  they were it.

A.2. That has nothing to do with anything I said.

Or, B. Because  none of them were on the Jets obviously. 

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What in Darnold's past make you think he's guaranteed to have a future better than other more experienced QBs with better stats?

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

What in Darnold's past make you think he's guaranteed to have a future better than other more experienced QBs with better stats?

I think if you were starting an expansion team and they presented you with a choice of either Sam darnold or a guy like Matt Ryan I feel a majority of GMs would take Darnold. Just my opinion bro 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think if you were starting an expansion team and they presented you with a choice of either Sam darnold or a guy like Matt Ryan I feel a majority of GMs would take Darnold. Just my opinion bro 

Who cares!  Matt ryan is like 35 years old.  This is such a dumb discussion.

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

What downer? Where's the downer part?  We are just talking about tv entertainment  sports. No emotion  is involved. Just trivial talk about a trivial topic. 

So a troll then. Should have known by the name. Onto the ignore list I guess. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s one more than what Darnold has but Darnold has only had one season. Cam is a 8 year vet and he’s poop. 

If you ask me.??‍♂️

There are QB's that have played 15 years and never were MVP of the league. 

And that's not just some "single season". The season you're comparing is an MVP season, NFC champion, SB appearance performance. 

Also, You're dismissing that rookie season as well. Dude threw for 4,000 yards and 21 TD's, but also rushed for 700 yards and scored 14 TD's. 

So not only are we talking about an MVP season, but also one of the best rookie seasons of all time. 

It gets to the point where we simply need to deal with Darnold's potential as just that, because doing more only leads to things like this. 

It's clear that Cam is one of the better QB's in this league and his actual accomplishments are being considered sh_t because of a QB who has thrown more INT's than TD's but has crazy potential because he's a baby. 

Based on Cam's ability and what he brings to the table, he is responsible on average for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's a season during his 8 year career. That includes passing and rushing combined. 

Let's dismiss Cam's rookie or MVP season specifically, I say we shouldnt compare the two until Sam can put together his 1st season where he's responsible for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The same way you and others make quick trigger statements how a player sucks after a short period of time it can also be applied to a player who shows that hes capable of more over a short period of time. 

Works both ways.

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Do as the sig says please if you're not here to talk football. 

Yes because reading what I wrote would lead anyone with a clue that I wasn't talking football.  Sorry you didn't like that I prefer Darnold over Baker.  

Gen again, what am I, yesterday's news?  Who you can't stop talking to, lol

42 minutes ago, Drums said:

So a troll then. Should have known by the name. Onto the ignore list I guess. 

Sigh....

I'm  a troll because  I don't waste emotion on tv sports? No, it's called being an adult.

I have a friend who is now having to rehab for a month because he had a Tumor removed from his abdomen. That's worth my time and emotion. My name is based in being a Penn State fan and that QB came to Jets. It's called having  a sense of humor. 

10 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Sigh....

I'm  a troll because  I don't waste emotion on tv sports? No, it's called being an adult.

I have a friend who is now having to rehab for a month because he had a Tumor removed from his abdomen. That's worth my time and emotion. My name is based in being a Penn State fan and that QB came to Jets. It's called having  a sense of humor. 

Don’t waste time and emotion on tv sport but you’re on a Jets message board all day ??‍♂️

On 5/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, johnnysd said:

I wouldnt trade Darnold for any of them including Mahomes. I think he is the future best QB in the NFL.

I'd take Mahomes over Darnold but I'm still confident Darnold will end up being the best in his draft class (and a great one in the NFL) so long as the Jets can give him some protection. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

You left out (Seattle Seahawks' great) Curt Warner.  But I'm amazed I never knew Franco Harris went to Penn State.

• Upvote 1