The next five years of QBs

22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Don’t waste time and emotion on tv sport but you’re on a Jets message board all day ??‍♂️

It's a distraction  I choose to partake in.

I didn't say I hated or don't  like sports. I just know how to categorize it for my interest.  And I like to communicate..and this is the recent topic.. so yeah.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Sigh....

I'm  a troll because  I don't waste emotion on tv sports? No, it's called being an adult.

I have a friend who is now having to rehab for a month because he had a Tumor removed from his abdomen. That's worth my time and emotion. My name is based in being a Penn State fan and that QB came to Jets. It's called having  a sense of humor. 

I couldn't care less if you had emotion watching the Jets. Good for you. Sorry about your friend but I think sports are pretty boring if I can't throw some emotion into it-- that has nothing to do with how I see you as a poster though. We're not here to sing Kumbaya, this is a message board and I understand that, but your posts, especially in here, just make me question if you're a troll, that's all. I have no problem with it-- that's what we all have ignore for-- but I had to ask. 

50 minutes ago, Drums said:

I couldn't care less if you had emotion watching the Jets. Good for you. Sorry about your friend but I think sports are pretty boring if I can't throw some emotion into it-- that has nothing to do with how I see you as a poster though. We're not here to sing Kumbaya, this is a message board and I understand that, but your posts, especially in here, just make me question if you're a troll, that's all. I have no problem with it-- that's what we all have ignore for-- but I had to ask. 

The owners  have absolutely  no emotion towards it..yet have tons of fun!. Both them add I know it's a entertainment business. I just  don't get to take cash home after

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

There are QB's that have played 15 years and never were MVP of the league. 

And that's not just some "single season". The season you're comparing is an MVP season, NFC champion, SB appearance performance. 

Also, You're dismissing that rookie season as well. Dude threw for 4,000 yards and 21 TD's, but also rushed for 700 yards and scored 14 TD's. 

So not only are we talking about an MVP season, but also one of the best rookie seasons of all time. 

It gets to the point where we simply need to deal with Darnold's potential as just that, because doing more only leads to things like this. 

It's clear that Cam is one of the better QB's in this league and his actual accomplishments are being considered sh_t because of a QB who has thrown more INT's than TD's but has crazy potential because he's a baby. 

Based on Cam's ability and what he brings to the table, he is responsible on average for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's a season during his 8 year career. That includes passing and rushing combined. 

Let's dismiss Cam's rookie or MVP season specifically, I say we shouldnt compare the two until Sam can put together his 1st season where he's responsible for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's. 

You know what, a lot of this is correct and I appreciate the effort and the response but I just think Cam is not a good passer. Not in comparison to Darnold career okay you got me. 

But let’s talk about his completion % and INT rate.

please please oh please ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

You know what, a lot of this is correct and I appreciate the effort and the response but I just think Cam is not a good passer. Not in comparison to Darnold career okay you got me. 

But let’s talk about his completion % and INT rate.

please please oh please ?

That's a fact. Cam isnt a great or even good passer. He's a decent to okay passer that needs the correct system to thrive in, especially with establishing his completion percentage. 

But I don't really hold it against him because essentially every qb is a system qb to some degree. 

I do believe that Cam is still the most deadly dual-threat QB in the game today, even with his shoulder about to fall off. He should go the Andrew Luck route and take a season off. He's taken alot of big hits in his career. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I do believe that Cam is still the most deadly dual-threat QB in the game today, even with his shoulder about to fall off. He should go the Andrew Luck route and take a season off. He's taken alot of big hits in his career

A lot of unnecessary big hits too. I’ve seen that guy scramble and dive head first in a preseason game lol.

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The same way you and others make quick trigger statements how a player sucks after a short period of time it can also be applied to a player who shows that hes capable of more over a short period of time. 

Works both ways.

Please give one example. Cite your work. They teach you that in like middle school.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Please give one example. Cite your work. They teach you that in like middle school.

You mean like the "Shepherd is a bust thread" that was started during last season?  Not even before the 1st season was finished.  Or bashing draft picks that haven't even hit a real practice yet.

How's that?  Did they teach you to be a wise ass in middle school?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean like the "Shepherd is a bust thread" that was started during last season?  Not even before the 1st season was finished.  Or bashing draft picks that haven't even hit a real practice yet.

How's that?  Did they teach you to be a wise ass in middle school?

I didn't start the thread, "Shepard is a bust"

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF does that have to do with what we're talking about?  

You said I make quick trigger statements about players. FFS, what you write is literally preserved in your previous post that you could read so you know wtf you said

16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You said I make quick trigger statements about players. FFS, what you write is literally preserved in your previous post that you could read so you know wtf you said

I have no problem with what I wrote and preserving it.  

Youre without a doubt one of those who makes quick decisions and has no problem calling players out before theyve had time to be evaluated.  Preserve it.  Fine with me. 

You wanted one example of being too quick on the trigger?  Before one play in the NFL?

On 5/28/2019 at 1:10 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I guess that’s why Romo called him “the next Peyton Manning” (he actually is a way better athlete and definitely has a stronger arm than Manning in my mind, it’s how close Darnold can match Manning cerebrally is the question) and the “best QB in the NFL within a few years” and was clear to note his projection had a lot to do with Darnold’s “spatial perception” gift coupled of course with the physical and mental talents, which few QBs even at the highest level (the spatial perception) of the NFL have.

I still am having a difficult time understanding how the Jets lucked into this kid.

Anyone who saw the comeback he led against Penn St in the Rose Bowl could see this is a “generational” QB.

Thank you again Dave Gettleman.  I don’t know, I feel I have a need to say that every day.

Could you imagine.  I’d shilt myself every Sunday in joy.   Jets having the best QB in the NFL.  Lets pray.   

My take:

Future HOFers that are too old for this:

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip RIvers, Drew Brees

Mid-Level guys Darnold is almost certainly going to be better than:

Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Mitch Trubisky, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Jimmy Garapolo

Young QBs I think Darnold is clearly better than now:

Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Lamark Jackson, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff

Really good young QBs who most people would pick over Darnold:

Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes

Good young QBs with some baggage:

DeShaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston, Cam Newton

Stud QBs you can debate based on price and age:

Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson

Rookies who are worse prospects than Darnold:

Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray (although I wouldn't be shocked if he lit up the league and moved to the young studs category)

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Could you imagine.  I’d shilt myself every Sunday in joy.   Jets having the best QB in the NFL.  Lets pray.   

If you saw him semi-torch Houston’s top ranked D, virtually all by himself, definitely outplay one of the top young QB’s, Watson, in that game, only to have his supposed “D guru” coach lose another game because his D couldn’t make the final stop, you’d think Romo’s projection has some merit.

Following week around 40 points, but not as impressive considering Green Bay’s D nothing like Houston’s, again his “D guru” coach’s D couldn’t make the final stop, should have been a notch on his 21 year old belt...beating Aaron Rodgers, he basically did and again, not much talent around him, no coaching staff for guidance.

This year I think is much different.  You already saw the “light go on” for Darnold the final quarter of the year, that’s only going to get more intense, now he has real coaches, more weapons, a definite running game with Bell and Montgomery. Jeez think about it, the entire play action pass part of an Offense was not available to Darnold last year haha.

Darnold is going to do lots of demolition this year.  Just watch.

• Upvote 2