One Jet makes NFL.com's All-Under-25 Team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032132/article/patrick-mahomes-joey-bosa-headline-nfl-allunder25-team

Patrick Mahomes, Joey Bosa headline NFL All-Under-25 Team

• 0ap3000000935823.jpg
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: May 29, 2019 at 10:44 a.m.
  • Updated: May 29, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.

Who are the most promising rising stars in the NFL? Marc Sessler compiled a roster of the top players under 25 years old heading into the 2019 season. Note that players must be less than 25 years old on Sept. 5, the day the season kicks off. Players have been listed with their age as of Sept. 5.

Safety: Jamal Adams, New York Jets (23 as of Sept. 5). While I hemmed and hawed at some positions, safety was simple. Adams evolved into a complete player in Year 2, the rare backstop who excels in coverage while operating as a dangerous pass-rushing nuisance. He's a vocal, high-energy leader respected by veterans out of the gate. It's fair to ask if Adams is already the best at what he does.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Adams is good.  Hes a safety though.  Its like having a good longsnapper.

#-o

I'd submit that it's just a little bit different than that.

But you're trying hard here and I appreciate you contributing to the conversation.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Adams is good.  Hes a safety though.  Its like having a good longsnapper.

Because Ronnie Lott never made a difference to the 49ers

Because Steve Atwater never made a difference to the Broncos

Because Paul Krause never made a difference to the Vikings

Because Ed Reed never made a difference to the Ravens...

I could go on, but yeah, longsnappers. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I see what you did there. 

Schmat. 

40 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ronnie Lott had 9 picks in his first 2 years, ed reed had 12 picks in his first 2 years.

Aadams has 1.  Your comparing all time greats to a JAG plus player.  Please stop it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ronnie Lott had 9 picks in his first 2 years, ed reed had 12 picks in his first 2 years.

Aadams has 1.  Your comparing all time greats to a JAG plus player.  Please stop it.

Picks are the only measure by which safeties are judged .

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

My point (as was yours) is that safeties are not worth more than longsnappers. I'm glad you repented of that stupidity. Carry on.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Go back & look at the players these guys lined up with. Lott & Ed Reed played on defenses that were all time great ads with ferocious pass rushers. Terrell Suggs, Charles Haley, Heloti Ngata, Ray Lewis, Dion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr, Rickey Jackson, Richard Dent, Charles Mann, Merton Hanks, Tim McKyer, Bryant Young, Dana, Stubblefield, I'm not even going to list the Ravens, from 2000 on that defense was LOADED! The Niners 2nd safety had Dwight Hicks had 9 picks one year, lol. These teams put pressure on QBs so their secondary could feast. 

Our edge rushers have been Jenkins, Copeland & Luvu. GMAFB! Adams is a stud, he stands out every game. You can't watch a Jet game without noticing 33 flying around. I get it, Mahomes is much more important but we got Sam now & Adams is a Jet, it blows my mind any Jet fan wouldn't appreciate his exuberance for the game & the leadership he brings to this downtrodden franchise.

• Upvote 4