Mayfield vs Cowherd

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

My nutsack has thicker skin than Mayfield.

I’ll admit that his rookie season surprised me, but this guy lets pretty much everything and everyone get to him.

The interesting thing here is that he is defending a guy who will absolutely throw him under the bus if needed.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Mayfield would be a train wreck here.  Probably worse, personality wise, then Rosen even would have been.  Just my opinion, but Sam Darnold has almost the perfect, "I go to work and don't give a flying F" attitude that stabilizes this team.

Who knows if Darnold willl end up being a big time QB, but he certainly has the right personality for NY.

Darnold reminds me a little of Lundqvist the way he does interviews. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m not sure that was the point. 

Ok but my point is Lundqvist, Dan Marino etc....  Darnold is special and we need a real team around him with real coaches.  People lambaste Eli but he won. I’d rather have a SB than a great QB that has never won one. We need a complete effort. front office to ball boy.  I want to see Darnold hold a trophy. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Ok but my point is Lundqvist, Dan Marino etc....  Darnold is special and we need a real team around him with real coaches.  People lambaste Eli but he won. I’d rather have a SB than a great QB that has never won one. We need a complete effort. front office to ball boy.  I want to see Darnold hold a trophy. 

Why lambaste Eli?

He’s a good guy. 

A goober but a good guy. 

Point was, you can separate a QBs demeanor from winning. 

Darnold has the demeanor.

He’ll win. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The interesting thing here is that he is defending a guy who will absolutely throw him under the bus if needed.

So I'm guessing you think it might have been a better idea for Mayfield to bash the sh*t out of OBJ and not waste any time 

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Football is a team sport. Dan Marino was 10 times better than Eli.  Marino played on teams with no defense or running games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So you're saying you'd choose Eli over Marino??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Football is a team sport. Dan Marino was 10 times better than Eli.  Marino played on teams with no defense or running games.

+10000

No running game and two midget WRs and he was throwing the ball all over the field in that era.  5,000 yard seasons.  He was a beast of a player.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

4th most games for a NHL goalie?  

Has lasted a long time in this market.  Thrived in it actually.  Kind of was the point Id say.  

I am a HUGE Rangers fan.  My point was simply with him in net we sniffed a cup  and got manhandled by the Kings.  Id rather win a cup with an average Goaltender.  I did NOT disparage marino or Lundqvist. GREAT players with NO rings.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1