Hit pieces against Jets continue. Maybe the media fears the Jets rising?

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

On the surface level a team with no GM doesn't really have a plan does it. 

but Jets fans need to be honest about our place in the NFL foodchain.

We are the heel. The team everyone loves to hate.

Everyone in flyover country, all the neutrals, if NFL is on TV and it's any team vs the NYJ, they root against the NYJ. The Giants have the majority of the fans locally, which means we have no real home territory. 

Facebook does this ranking there's still not a single county in America where Jets fans outnumber Giants fans (or all other fans) 

A team like that is perfect to be the testing ground for TB12's scheme-hatchery, no one cares if the jets lose. Even half our fans are rooting for losses for draft status. 

the buttfumble? Geno Smith getting his jaw broken by a teammate?  

If the Jets didn't exist the league would have to make them up.

Aint that the truth? I moved to VA last year and I had an Eagles fan and his son over one evening. He walked in and saw my Jets Blanket on the couch. He leaned into his 12 year old son and whispered "you see that? Aint no front running going on in this house"    Then he said to me. "Hey sorry to see that man"   lol

We have given everyone all too much reason to think less of us and to even laugh.  It's just to be expected. This particular pad cast is just dumb because they are getting actual facts way wrong, but it makes sense for them to have that overall thinking. 

There was an article I had years ago called "The Worst fans in America"  The opening line said  

You would be surly too if you had to sit in hours of traffic to watch your team lose and repeatedly and ridiculously in someone else's stadium. 

That summed it up pretty well for me. lol 

• Upvote 2

If not for the cornerback group... I would feel pretty good about this team. 

As they stand right now, I am encouraged for 2020... which is what I have been thinking the goal should be since the total rebuild was obviously necessary after Fitzpatrick's 6 INT game in Kansas City.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

so...what you're saying is that we're the Washington Generals of the NFL?

no actually I thought about it and maybe OP is right

the national media is scared that a team in the nation's largest media market is going to be good 

so they have to write hit pieces to stop the Jets' meteoric rise to the top 

the funny thing about conspiracy theories is how they seem to perfectly relate to our lives 

ocham's razor the Jets sux cox n dix and media reports as they do on a 4-12 team who just fired everyone and signed a miscreant no show RB to 14 mil per year 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think it's simply because it's easy and will generate clicks.  This time of year is usually filled with optimistic fluff pieces, so these types of articles are becoming more prominent (not just for the Jets or NFL) because they can say look how objective and grounded we are.

The same type of authors likely destroyed the Browns up until last October and now wave their pom poms.

I like Russillo a lot, but he's an NBA and College Football guy.   

The casual fan doesn’t read hard hitting or reasoned analysis. They want a story (like we all do) and  drama and gossip. That is what causes the very mad OP to complain about it and oh look they just got 100s of views because people take the bait and repost it basically perpetuating this type of take as a successful vehicle. 

It’s blatantly obvious if you browse espn regularly that unless they have breaking news, they cycle between Lakers, Lebron, Tiger Woods and the Patriots. Because they like to suck up to these people or organizations? That seems like common rationale when the simple truth is that stories that include these keywords basically generate visitors, clicks and views, which is basically the currency to sell ad placement. 

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

There was an article I had years ago called "The Worst fans in America"  The opening line said  

You would be surly too if you had to sit in hours of traffic to watch your team lose and repeatedly and ridiculously in someone else's stadium. 

That summed it up pretty well for me. lol 

i counted it up once i've seen Tom Brady blow out the Jets in person, in East Rutherford, over 10 times. Once I went to the playoff game in Foxborough to watch it happen 

that was back when I actually cared about the team and had expectations and let's just say the whole thing broke me as a fan. it was like some sort of torture devised particularly for me. That's not an apology it's context. at this point I'm like a beaten dog with the Jets and these kids with these black jerseys are like "let's root for Sam, what could go wrong?!" 

oh my sweet summer child, you have no idea 

• Upvote 4

The Jets have been a national punching bag for a long time, the Clippers to the Giants' Lakers here for decades. It's no surprise that when the Jets are the lone NFL team with a GM opening in May, the wolves are there to pounce and announce a dysfunctional disaster. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LinemanCT said:

Go give these guys a sh!tty review on there podcast if you want revenge. That's how the podcast game works. 

I dont listen to podcasts.  Guys could write what theyneed to say and I could read it in 5 minutes.  I dont have to listen to them jerking off on the radio for 30.  It is just a bush league ego trip for them

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

i counted it up once i've seen Tom Brady blow out the Jets in person, in East Rutherford, over 10 times. Once I went to the playoff game in Foxborough to watch it happen 

that was back when I actually cared about the team and had expectations and let's just say the whole thing broke me as a fan. it was like some sort of torture devised particularly for me. That's not an apology it's context. at this point I'm like a beaten dog with the Jets and these kids with these black jerseys are like "let's root for Sam, what could go wrong?!" 

oh my sweet summer child, you have no idea 

HAHAHA. That's awesome.  Fear is for the long night when children were born lived and died in darkness.  

I tried very hard to get my son to align with his Baltimorian Raven's fan mother, but no dice. He drank the cool aid during the 2010 playoff run. Poor kid.  So he has his black Darnold Jersey ready to go for the disappointment of another failed experiment.  I had to take two years off after the Fitz game in buffalo. I didn't watch or listen for those two years. Came back for Sam.  lol  It's been very fun since I reemerged huh? 

It's a funny thing with us Jets fans. I can remember arguing with people in defense of the Coslet led Jets pass rush or the Walton offense. Never did I realize we had zero real chance against the real NFC powerhouses of the day.  I rooted with the vigor I now see in my all too interested son.  Again I have hope. I figure since I have hated almost every move over the past 12 months maybe it will actually work.  At least it's different I suppose. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

THEY'RE FLUORIDATING OUR DRINKING WATER

It's for your teeth. Our country just cares about us to that degree. They want us to have the leg up on all of the toothless droves of the world. Everyone knows this. 

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Is it? 

Keep in mind they don't show NYJ @ PHI in Missouri. heck they don't show NYJ vs NE nationally unless there are playoff implications for both teams  

if the Jets are on TV in the midwest they are the bad guys  

You're 100% wrong. Nobody in the Midwest gives a sh*t about the Jets. It's indifference all the way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

On the surface level a team with no GM doesn't really have a plan does it. 

but Jets fans need to be honest about our place in the NFL foodchain.

We are the heel. The team everyone loves to hate.

Everyone in flyover country, all the neutrals, if NFL is on TV and it's any team vs the NYJ, they root against the NYJ. The Giants have the majority of the fans locally, which means we have no real home territory. 

Facebook does this ranking there's still not a single county in America where Jets fans outnumber Giants fans (or all other fans) 

A team like that is perfect to be the testing ground for TB12's scheme-hatchery, no one cares if the jets lose. Even half our fans are rooting for losses for draft status. 

the buttfumble? Geno Smith getting his jaw broken by a teammate?  

If the Jets didn't exist the league would have to make them up.

All true, but nothing is permanent.  

Until BB/TB pretty much ALL of Connecticut and much of Rhode Island was New York Giants country. That's how low the Patriots were, year in and year out. 

Don't underestimate what a Superbowl win can do. If we could win 1 or 2 in a decade's time, everything changes.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Of course, all good things come from winning but saying there's no cap room and no plan is just idiotic.  When a team hasn't won recently that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is wrong with it.  This just smacks of trying to promote that the Jets are dysfunctional using outright falsehoods.  If somebody wants to say that they've sucked for years, haven't won anything, haven't yet proven they're going to win with a new HC and a promising but unproved QB....I'd nod in agreement.  But this isn't that.

Yeah you’re right

43 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's for your teeth. Our country just cares about us to that degree. They want us to have the leg up on all of the toothless droves of the world. Everyone knows this. 

This is America and I won't have no gubberment tellin' me I can't have my Mountain Dew Mouth.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Never undestood why people get so bent out of shape over a bad story in media.  We have plenty of cap space now and for next season.  The article is BS.  Factually incorrect.  Ignore it and move on. 

Media enjoys portraying Jets as bumbling, incompentent losers, and lets face it, we haven't done enough to prove them wrong since 2010 (or 1968).

Win games.  Consistently.  And the narrative will change.  Another season of double digit losses and it will be more of the same.

Exactly.   Until the Jets start winning games these articles and criticisms will continue.   Until the Jets start winning games these people will feel like they are correct in their assessment of the team.   

If the Jets don’t win games, then there isn’t much anyone can say.  

You know why this is common?  Because Jets fans eat it up.  Look at this board, half the topics are about what some asshat and other assbag had to say about the Jets.  I legit, dont watch ESPN, NFLN, I dont listen to podcasts, I dont read articles.  None of it.  99% of it is garbage WWE drama and Jets fans love it.  The only time I might read an article or something is draft time and potential FA targets.  

Think about it; this site had a 300 page thread about new jerseys.  Like, that's not a joke.  300 pages worth of talking about colors and designs and fabrics and logo's.  300 pages of 50 year old men debating jerseys.

Our new Head Coach got 12 pages.  A thread bashing our best player, 40 pages.  A thread about signing a good player in free agency, 4 pages.  A thread about Tom Shane dominating, 20 pags.  GM search?  4 pages.  Thread about a press conference in May, 20 pages. Underrated signing thread, 8 responses. 

You want to know why the Jets are constantly treated and portrayed this way in the media?  Because it's exactly what Jets fans care about. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's over 1/4 of the league. NO other team gets the same level of scorn and derision as the Jets. Not even close.

I also think (as has been mentioned by others in this thread) that we are covered differently because we are the only team in the NFL that does not dominate the news in its home market.  We are the red headed stepchild of the NY market and the NFL and protrayed as such.  Maybe I am just used to it, but this sh!t doesn't bother me.  I ignore the trash, sometimes read it to get a good laugh, but thats it.

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Where the heck are they getting info that we have cap issues/lack of cap space?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets/

How stupid can some of these hacks be?

yep.  as i recall the jets currently have about 30 million in cap space and as much as mac wasn't a very good gm he also didn't get pulled into many contract without an escape after a short time.  even bell's contract isn't so bad since they will have at least two more drafts before they can move on and about the only guys that will need some renegotiation are adams and leo.  if they can win with these guys then they should be able to bring in enough talent each season to build on the success.

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jets also get beat up on the SiriusXM  NFL radio “Opening Drive” show with Charlie Weis and Ross Tucker

Yeah, but they're both Pats cocksuckers. Cant listen anymore between Tuckers douchebag radio phony-voice and Fat Charlie having the need to remind listeners every 15 seconds in his shrill, fat-guy voice polluted with a Joisey Accent that he coached the pats and Tawmmy Brady....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know why this is common?  Because Jets fans eat it up.  Look at this board, half the topics are about what some asshat and other assbag had to say about the Jets.  I legit, dont watch ESPN, NFLN, I dont listen to podcasts, I dont read articles.  None of it.  99% of it is garbage WWE drama and Jets fans love it.  The only time I might read an article or something is draft time and potential FA targets.  

Think about it; this site had a 300 page thread about new jerseys.  Like, that's not a joke.  300 pages worth of talking about colors and designs and fabrics and logo's.  300 pages of 50 year old men debating jerseys.

Our new Head Coach got 12 pages.  A thread bashing our best player, 40 pages.  A thread about signing a good player in free agency, 4 pages.  A thread about Tom Shane dominating, 20 pags.  GM search?  4 pages.  Thread about a press conference in May, 20 pages. Underrated signing thread, 8 responses. 

You want to know why the Jets are constantly treated and portrayed this way in the media?  Because it's exactly what Jets fans care about. 

I am not 50!!

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's basically getting absurd now.  Not sure if the media is trying to saturate the environment with Jets negativity or poison the mind of our young QB, but one alternative thought I have.....Maybe they see the realistic probability that the Jets are a rising team with a bright future...and they don't want to see that because Jets dysfunction sells papers and generates clicks.

Even Caporoso sees it....

I wonder how well all these talking heads will cover their tracks if the Jets win 10 games? As much as I look at the Jets schedule, I keep thinking winning 10 games should be a no brainer? I've never seen a schedule so easy.

Now, these people can criticize all they'd like. What I truly hopes comes as a result is Sammy building confidence toward being the franchise QB we all think he is. That chemistry forms among all the Jets new players and new, young players. I personally believe they have an excellent foundation to be competitive for a long time to come. You can't ask for much better foundation players in Sammy Darnold, Jamal Adams, Leveon Bell, and CJ Mosley.....

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I agree.  

Unfortunately, it's society now.  Anything that can cause a reaction is the way to go.  If you put in time and stay non-controversial, it's pretty much ignored.  I remember when I was writing about Gase and how Tannehill sucked, how long it took me to compile the plays and break it down. I could write about Gase's crazy eyes in 500 words and get much more reactions, because controversy is what drives people.  

It's just the world.  I think I said it here before, but it's essentially the Kardashian effect.  I haven't met one person that doesn't hate the family or is tired of them.  Yet, every time she (or the family) posts anything, it's front page news.  Because that's all people care about now, something controversial so they can agree/disagree with it.  Have their own hot take or take down.  Look at the news.  Years ago, the news reported stuff because that was the only way for me to know, why there were a bunch of cop cars 3 streets over.  Now, I can find out in a few seconds, so there is no need for me to watch.  Heck, I was stuck in traffic awhile back, and found the twitter account for the highway I was on, telling me I was stuck for another hour.  So all the news outlets then turn to expanding on the story and creating news out of it.  

Stephen A practically made his career out of it.  Look at all the media formats now.  It's all about, let's dive deep into this innocent looking topic and fish out the most outlandish theory, and then people lap it up.  I can't count the times people click and respond on topics about how much they don't care about the topic.  

I don't think it's true for just the Jets, pretty wide across all fan bases.  

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Is it? 

Keep in mind they don't show NYJ @ PHI in Missouri. heck they don't show NYJ vs NE nationally unless there are playoff implications for both teams  

if the Jets are on TV in the midwest they are the bad guys  

Missouri? Do they show any games in Missouri?