Hit pieces against Jets continue. Maybe the media fears the Jets rising?

Psst... you’re all wrong... if the Jets are newsworthy they are the biggest story in football. Whether it’s good or bad news they’ll carry the NY and the National media to ratings. Remember when the Jets had 4 of the top 10 all-time watched regular season games all within the 3 year window where the Jets were relevant from 2008-2011?  

Jets fans are diehard and consume information and interact way more than other fan bases. It’s why there were 3 Active Jets message boards while other teams barely have 1. If the Jets are in the playoff hunt this year the Jets coverage will be obnoxious and I’ll love every second of it.

• Upvote 1

This thread is a funny, interesting read.  I kind of like all the trash they’re talking about us. I didn’t like it as much last week but once practice started I don’t care anymore. We are used to such negative, disappointing tweets in practice, with hopeless qb competitions but not this year.  I think we will be pretty good and we always do our best when everyone says we will suck. 

Certain media members aren't bashing the Jets to piss off the fans or even the organization. What they're doing is trying to undermine the GM search to get back at them for firing their sources. I have a feeling that random scout that got fired was a much bigger deal to certain media members than it was to us. 

If the Jets hire anybody but Douglas the media will look at these hit pieces as a victory for them. If the Jets hire Douglas there will be more hit pieces about how the Jets tried the usurp the Rooney rule bc it was a "sham" GM search. All kinds of stuff like that will be written and said. This won't go away anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I wonder how well all these talking heads will cover their tracks if the Jets win 10 games? As much as I look at the Jets schedule, I keep thinking winning 10 games should be a no brainer? I've never seen a schedule so easy. 

the games against the NFC East are tough. The Jets have literally never beaten the Eagles, home or away. Giants might suck on paper but they have Saquon and that game is always a war. Dallas there will be more away fans than home, Same with Pittsburgh. At Baltimore is the loudest crowd on the east coast (and Lamar Jackson is a star). 

oh and they play the SB Pats twice. 

Basically they don't travel far but the schedule sucks. 

The Jets being good (and being a legitimate rival for the Patriots) would be a very good thing for the media.

The Jets being a clickbait inspiring mess is the 2nd best thing. It's why they're jumping all over this Gase coup. From 2011-14 the Jets were probably the best source of clownshow clickbait in the NFL. Then from 2016-18 we sucked... Quietly. Bowles was terrible but he was terrible with dignity.

Either Gase turns this around or the strong personalities in the Jets org will be lambasted. Get ready.

• Upvote 1

Yes, every year they dump on us. I know the main reason is because we are in the same division as the Patsies the NFLs golden boys and the media loves to portray them as so brilliant and genius. They love to keep the Jets down for fear we are catching up to them and might win the division and shyt in Tom's cheerios.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, Lith said:

I also think (as has been mentioned by others in this thread) that we are covered differently because we are the only team in the NFL that does not dominate the news in its home market.  We are the red headed stepchild of the NY market and the NFL and protrayed as such.  Maybe I am just used to it, but this sh!t doesn't bother me.  I ignore the trash, sometimes read it to get a good laugh, but thats it.

The Chargers say hello.

20 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Jets being good (and being a legitimate rival for the Patriots) would be a very good thing for the media.

The Jets being a clickbait inspiring mess is the 2nd best thing. It's why they're jumping all over this Gase coup. From 2011-14 the Jets were probably the best source of clownshow clickbait in the NFL. Then from 2016-18 we sucked... Quietly. Bowles was terrible but he was terrible with dignity.

Either Gase turns this around or the strong personalities in the Jets org will be lambasted. Get ready.

Be good, or be crap.    Just don't be mediocre.

Nothing worse for the news than an 8-8 team

• Upvote 1

The media will always have something to write about the Jets, whether positive or mostly negative. The problem is the Jets put themselves in that situation for years with bad decision making and bad playing. Remember the saying, "Same Old Jets", its a yearly thing hearing that statement every year. This organization is dysfunctional ownership is somewhat responsible for this and it trickles down to the GM and the coaches.

One of the ways to get rid of that aura or mantra of negativity is by winning not only for this year but every year. They also need to stop giving the media negative reports about the team. One thing that is missed was Bill Parcells rule to his coaches and players. Parcells never let anyone in his coaching staff talk to the media and he warned players of talking and giving opposing teams material through the media. Right now the only negative report coming out of the Jets organization is the GM situation and how it was handle. Was it a surprise that Maccagnan was fired, I don't believe so, I was surprised of when they did it. The reason why it was done is being questioned because the head coach (Gase) could of been involved. But in the end its a negative for the organization!!!! What's done can't be changed but corrected for the future!!! 

The Jets need to hire the right GM and move on from the past and move forward!!! They need to start winning!!! The Jets will always be the underdog no matter what and winning is the only thing that will solve the problem.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1