Petition to fire Manish Mehta

Then why arrest a guy who robs a couple on the street when he was just trying to bring home food for his family ? A wrong is a wrong and making stuff up and reporting it as news is wrong.

Are you seriously comparing reporting news that you don't like which may or may not be slightly exaggerated to robery? Are we going to start jailing all weatherman and women too?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

There is a huge difference between reporting the news and creating the news.
But you have the right to not read the article. You as a person have the ability to disregard the articles he writes. Something to consider is that there can be multiple versions of the truth and you are sort of picking and choosing the ones that you believe and saying all others are invalid.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Attack on freedom of the press because he wrote something you don’t like ?? ?‍♂️....hard pass 

Attack on the freedom of press? Do you even know what the 1st amendment says or means? You think it means that journalists can never get fired? No one is saying he should be arrested, just that he sucks at his job and should be fired.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Are you seriously comparing reporting news that you don't like which may or may not be slightly exaggerated to robery? Are we going to start jailing all weatherman and women too?

The way the weather's been this spring perhaps we should. lol

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

But you have the right to not read the article. You as a person have the ability to disregard the articles he writes. Something to consider is that there can be multiple versions of the truth and you are sort of picking and choosing the ones that you believe and saying all others are invalid.

He writes for the Daily News NOT the Enquirer . When you buy a legit paper you expect legit news.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

They will just probably just replace him with somebody more desperate for story leads and clicks.  I mean, they could get somebody a bit more professional but I don't think the content would change that much,

Sadly you're probably right.

He writes for the Daily News NOT the Enquirer . When you buy a legit paper you expect legit news.
You can always buy a different paper if you don't like the validity of his articles. We are in the middle of the off-season real news is scarce right now is he supposed to have written about gases crazy eyes every day for the passed 3 months?

17 minutes ago, peebag said:

It's sports news.  No one is getting killed.

News is still news. It should be reported accurately weather it's about a killing, a fire or sports.  You can't just make stuff up to gather attention and have it printed. 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

You can always buy a different paper if you don't like the validity of his articles. We are in the middle of the off-season real news is scarce right now is he supposed to have written about gases crazy eyes every day for the passed 3 months?

So that makes it OK to just make crap up ? Seriously ?

So that makes it OK to just make crap up ? Seriously ?
Is there any proof his stories are completely fabricated? Because you don't agree with them or because they are not widely spread does not make them made up. I am sure his stories are based off rumors and whispers he hears even if they are misleading or incorrect.

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Is there any proof his stories are completely fabricated? Because you don't agree with them or because they are not widely spread does not make them made up. I am sure his stories are based off rumors and whispers he hears even if they are misleading or incorrect.

It's pretty obvious that he has an agenda after being told that the Gase/Macc drama was "false." He is lashing out and he doesn't care if it hurts the Jets franchise. He knows it gets clicks. He has every right to do it and we have every right to want him to get fired for it. It's that simple. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

If ever a JI/JN poster was similarly attention-whorish to Manish Mehta, it would be you SAR.

Your recent homer-turn farming of plus-reps from the sheep has been rather entertaining to watch.  Social Experimentation can be very entertaining.

While I realize that internet fame is important to you, it's not to me.  I barely post here a few times a week.  I believe in this team and all the moves they've made this offseason, nothing to be ashamed about.  Yankees fans know when their teams are on the rise.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

While I realize that internet fame via trolling is very very seriously like not kidding around important to SAR.

FYP. 

P.S. I miss when you used to refer to yourself in third person, it was so charming.

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe in this team and all the moves they've made this offseason, nothing to be ashamed about.

Yup.  Sure you do.

The future Heel-turn and inevitable forum ban will be a hell of a show. 

I'm looking forward to it.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, cbudiarjo said:

this probably only secures his job.  you know how to get him fired? stop clicking on his articles, and stop talking about him.

Only articles I read are the ones copy and pasted here. Can't stand him, one of the reasons I started my channel haha

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Attack on the freedom of press? Do you even know what the 1st amendment says or means? You think it means that journalists can never get fired? No one is saying he should be arrested, just that he sucks at his job and should be fired.

You want him to be fired for story you don’t agree with...enough said 

On 5/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, bla bla bla said:

Someone started a fire Manish petition. I'm not one to call for someone's job but f*ck this guy.

http://chng.it/JKq6gjRV

I mean he doesn't have a real job. I'll enjoy his firing every bit as much as I enjoy layoffs at places like Vox or Buzzfeed. It is possible to make a living as human peice of sh*t, bottom feeding off peoples emotion. That sums up his career and most of the press focused on the Jets. I reserve the right to hate you though. I wish I could boycott them but I can't, since I don't know a worse torture than subscribing to anything they publish. I just see people here repeating them and I don't know why.

• Upvote 1