[Tony Pauline] Joe Douglas Done Deal

Within moments of Mike Maccagnan being fired, Joe Douglas’ name was linked to the Jets General Manager vacancy.

This weekend, he’ll get his chance to apply for the job.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the Eagles vice president of player personnel will interview with the Jets this weekend.

Douglas is close with Jets coach/acting G.M. Adam Gase, which has made him one of the perceived favorites for the job.

They’ve also scheduled an interview with Seahawks co-director of player personnel Scott Fitterer, and expressed interest in Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly, Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton and Saints director of pro scouting Terry Fontenot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/29/joe-douglas-to-interview-with-jets-this-weekend/ 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Rsherman28 said:

Within moments of Mike Maccagnan being fired, Joe Douglas’ name was linked to the Jets General Manager vacancy.

This weekend, he’ll get his chance to apply for the job.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the Eagles vice president of player personnel will interview with the Jets this weekend.

Douglas is close with Jets coach/acting G.M. Adam Gase, which has made him one of the perceived favorites for the job.

They’ve also scheduled an interview with Seahawks co-director of player personnel Scott Fitterer, and expressed interest in Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly, Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton and Saints director of pro scouting Terry Fontenot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/29/joe-douglas-to-interview-with-jets-this-weekend/ 

so much for the rumors that he is walking away from it.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, slats said:

And just like that, JN came in from out on the ledge. 

We're not off it just yet.  Still plenty of time during and after the interview/hiring process for articles to leak about Gase and CJ having a "difference of opinions" on who the GM should be/should have been, leading to more strife over the next 3+ years. 

But we're used to that by now. 

But....but....no one will want to interview for the Jets job, let alone TAKE IT. These guys all come from top notch organizations who have had recent success. 

I really have no idea who will fit best but I love the fact all these guys are probably interested. Like I said, we have a young QB, Le'veon Bell, Jamal Adams, CJ Mosely, Chris Herndon, Quincy, Crowder, Anderson, just drafted the CONCENSUS best DT to come out since Aaron Donald. 

Plus you get to be paid a lot of money, what a sh*tty job, who would want it really?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Something never change in this board.  I remember four years ago like yesterday most posters here were gushing over the Jaguars coffee boy thinking he was behind their every moves.  Now this water boy kid is also supposed to be the Eagle behind the scene GM.  Probably the only difference between the two is that one couldn’t be seen without a coffee in his hand and the other without a water bottle.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 4

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

You really know your stuff.

Nah, I just watch from the outside every few years as most here gush and praise the new kid on the block even if his last job was being coffee or a water boy.  By the second year WE ALL COME AROUND.  Now carry on with your love fest.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, what you are saying is that you don't remember what you had for lunch? 

Maccagnan came from the Texans, not the Jaguars.  Idzik went to the Jaguars when he first left, but he came from the Seahawks.  I'm not sure why you are so down on Douglas, but by most accounts he had a huge hand in the Eagles last couple of drafts and he was in Chicago with Gase and trained under Newsome and DeCosta in Baltimore.  It doesn't mean he will be great, hell, the Eagles drafts have even been a bit sketchy, but I don't think your erratic memory of 2015 will have any bearing.

And Douglas has climbed the ladder to becomes GM whereas Macc skipped crucial steps such as Personnel Director which is shocking in NFL circles. 

• WTF? 1