[Tony Pauline] Joe Douglas Done Deal

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The sad truth is that there are people in this world and on this board who will never put themselves out there to back anything the Jets do. It's easier to take a negative stance or a wait and see approach on everything in life bc the blow back if you're wrong is minimal compared to actually putting yourself out there. Its not just sports, there are people like that in every aspect of life. They're cowards.

And if you're offended by that then there's a reason why you would be.

legit lol

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The sad truth is that there are people in this world and on this board who will never put themselves out there to back anything the Jets do. It's easier to take a negative stance or a wait and see approach on everything in life bc the blow back if you're wrong is minimal compared to actually putting yourself out there. Its not just sports, there are people like that in every aspect of life. They're cowards.

Post of the Year. 

So many Jets fans are lovingly basking in the glow of failure that they’d be miserable if we ever won anything.  Horrible, lonely people who have only one thing that makes them feel part of a group, part of a family.  And that’s hanging out with other losers who have the same whoa-is-me defeatist mentality.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sorry, what QB did Bowles have?

He had a QB who had one of the best seasons, if not the best season of any QB in Jet history.  And when he played like shlt a year later the win total was cut in half.

Your point?  

Other than to be on a 4 month whine about the HC who hasnt coached a single game yet because he was two games under .500 in 3 seasons and every other reason you can dream up.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Nailed it!

It's easy to criticize and throw darts when you're not on the hook to suggest improvements or recommend specific actions to fix things.  We've got lots of expert (yet undiscovered) future GMs around here apparently.

Stevie Wonder could see that the Jets trajectory is upwards right now.  You don't have to be "all in" on Gase or even Darnold in order to be optimistic about this team's future.  You just have to believe the Head Coach is likely better than the last one, the QB is likely better than anything we've had in 10 years, the skill position players are better than anything we've had in like 5 years, the Defensive Coordinator will motivate our talent on D better than the last DC did, etc.

The Jets make a bunch of coaching changes, sign FAs, etc. and some fans just keep their hands in their pockets.  I'm not saying they need to clap but it's ironic that when they finally do start to voice an opinion it's that our bad GM was fired at the wrong time of the year.  That's when the hands come out and the arms start waving that the world is ending.  Debbie Downer syndrome runs deep with some people.

I'm not afraid to stand tall and say that things are looking up!  But, whatever.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

"Cowards" and Real Fans like you, right? 

People hear what they want to hear.

You can say, for example, that Jamal Adams is a very good safety dozens of times.......but if you don't agree that he's 1. the best player on the Jets, 2. the best Safety in the NFL and 3. was the only right pick in 2017, well......you get lumped in with your "always negative fans". 

You can have a wait and see attitude on Coach Gase, but if you express any less-then-glowing analysis of his resume or stats....well, sh*t, there we go, always negative again.   

Some sins simply cannot be forgiven.  Like logic, critical thinking and objectivity.

There is no virtue in being a mindless yes-man homer, especially for this franchise, anymore so than being a universal hater of every single move.  But frankly, there are very few of either in reality.  But like I said, people hear what they want to hear, and some just LOVE to tell everyone how THEY are the best fan.  

Respect and faith are earned.  This franchise has not earned either.  As fans we all hope for the best.  All of us.  Some of us just don't feel we need a purity test of absolute universal positivity for our fellow fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I agree, with Gase you need to go all-in...
I completely agree about Darnold - he is the man.   I just hope the new GM understands this and builds the team around him.

Agreed. I think that is the one thing I can be confident CJ is serious about. He knows his best chance at having a big time star and money maker is darnold. It was a big part of the coaching search and I wound be willing to bet darnold is being discussed with the new GM candidates. They probably talked about darnold at dinner tonight.

I am of the belief that Maccagnan’s failure to really beef up the OLine was at least partially responsible for CJ changing his tune about him.

It’s all Gase and it’s all Sam. That’s what the jets are!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

I love this post so much.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Wasn't that a win and in you're in last game of the regular season against Rex and a Buffalo team that was eliminated?

The Jets came out as flat and unmotivated as any team I've ever seen.

They weren't flat and unmotivated as much as they were afraid.

Coach Gase won't let that happen.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Aka, "Yankee fans". 

No, those would be Mets fans who simply adore losing and look forward to their friends and relatives hugging them tightly whenever the subject comes up at Thanksgiving dinner.  They don't want to win, no.  That would end all the attention they get as sad-sacks.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

Hey admins, is there any way to give this two upvotes?

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He had a QB who had one of the best seasons, if not the best season of any QB in Jet history.  And when he played like shlt a year later the win total was cut in half.

Your point?  

Other than to be on a 4 month whine about the HC who hasnt coached a single game yet because he was two games under .500 in 3 seasons and every other reason you can dream up.  

We should probably just stop going back and forth on this one.

It seems you honestly believe he wasn't a failure in Miami, I get it - I won't argue with you anymore.

The only point I've been trying to make this whole time is Gase was a bad hire and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Name a “top RB” outside of maybe Marshawn

Lynch that has won a Super Bowl the last 15 years.

Since 2000

Faulk, Holmes, Lewis, Bettis, Rice and Lynch. 

If Gurley wasn’t hurt the outcome might of been different and if the refs didn’t cheat for LA NO and Kamara would of been in the SB and could of won.

There’s also plenty of top RBs in the Championship games. 

The fact the NE has won half of the SBs in the time frame skews the results. 

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed. I think that is the one thing I can be confident CJ is serious about. He knows his best chance at having a big time star and money maker is darnold. It was a big part of the coaching search and I wound be willing to bet darnold is being discussed with the new GM candidates. They probably talked about darnold at dinner tonight.

I am of the belief that Maccagnan’s failure to really beef up the OLine was at least partially responsible for CJ changing his tune about him.

It’s all Gase and it’s all Sam. That’s what the jets are!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If that is, in fact, the case I will have grown a lot more respect for CJ. 

Giving $85mm to a MLB (as good as he is and he will be good for this team) but not getting one of the multiple centers available is almost inexcusable in my eyes.

IMO, the offensive line should have been the single biggest priority this off-season - By far.  Mac's lack of understanding that is honestly mind boggling - and I mean that literally.  How a person that has been around this game for so long didn't get that I'll never understand.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, those would be Mets fans who simply adore losing and look forward to their friends and relatives hugging them tightly whenever the subject comes up at Thanksgiving dinner.  They don't want to win, no.  That would end all the attention they get as sad-sacks.

SAR I

Oh, is that how it works?

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Giving $85mm to a MLB (as good as he is and he will be good for this team) but not getting one of the multiple centers available is almost inexcusable in my eyes.

IMO, the offensive line should have been the single biggest priority this off-season - By far.  Mac's lack of understanding that is honestly mind boggling - and I mean that literally.  How a person that has been around this game for so long didn't get that I'll never understand.

Macs entire philosophy was bewildering. He was just completely clueless. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I believe it to be so. Not that CJ is some mystical sage all of the sudden that knows the ins and outs of the NFL game, but he does seem to be paying attention. I am thinking the Gase helped make that clear. I buy into the idea that Gase believes he didn't literally backstab Macc. He just helped expose some of the unhealthy mindsets that Macc had such as Centers don't deserve big contracts. CJ just paid attention.

I'll be real straight and say that I thought there was a 100% chance Macc knew the OL was the biggest offseason priority after drafting Darnold and seeing him run for his life last year. I thought we would grab Paradis after trading for KO and that C and OL would be at least two of our picks in the draft. I think for Macc KO, Edoga and Wesco WAS addressing the OL. That was a problem and Gase made that clear. CJ just paid attention imo.  

I don't have a problem with doing what we needed to to grab Mosely, but the OL still should have and could have been addressed much better. 

I'll add that I don't think CJ had this great plan to time the GM firing so we could move slower in May, but he's doing it and it may be working out. CJ is not someone who knows the right things to do as an owner, but he's learning. That's a good thing and It just might pay off. If we grab Douglas and he brings Savage with him or even Kelly that would be an absolute coup. 

The Jetsy problem with all of this is there is the very real potential that as soon as CJ seems to have a real grasp of how to do this, Woody will come back and need to impress his dominance as the alpha billionaire. I would like to see CJ stay on but that probably won't happen.  Booooooo! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

You can say, for example, that Jamal Adams is a very good safety dozens of times.......but if you don't agree that he's 1. the best player on the Jets, 2. the best Safety in the NFL and 3. was the only right pick in 2017, well......you get lumped in with your "always negative fans". 

You can have a wait and see attitude on Coach Gase, but if you express any less-then-glowing analysis of his resume or stats....well, sh*t, there we go, always negative again.   

Some sins simply cannot be forgiven.  Like logic, critical thinking and objectivity.

There is no virtue in being a mindless yes-man homer, especially for this franchise, anymore so than being a universal hater of every single move.  But frankly, there are very few of either in reality.  But like I said, people hear what they want to hear, and some just LOVE to tell everyone how THEY are the best fan.  

Respect and faith are earned.  This franchise has not earned either.  As fans we all hope for the best.  All of us.  Some of us just don't feel we need a purity test of absolute universal positivity for our fellow fans.

I believe I am the best fan.  Is there really a debate on that? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good morning all. Just wanted to say that if you ever criticize the Jets, you are a coward, but if you were one of the imbeciles who said none of Macc’s terrible picks count bc we werent rebuilding yet, you are braver than the troops. Thank’s

Smooth brains everywhere on this board. They lost the little credibility that they had when they ignorantly went out of their way and defended Mac. I get that that there are many topics that are grey areas and up for debate. Some things are fact or black and white. These morons will argue til they are blue in the face even when they are factually wrong about things.

They are “better” fans because they are blind lemmings that can’t think for themselves and just accept everything because Jets? Most if not all of the real analysis and quality discussion about this team is done by us “cowards”.  The “cowards” who speak up and constructively criticize the failure of an organization, are apparently lesser fans though for utilizing independent thought and common sense. 

Blind homers disgust me and are the worst type of fans. They promote/encourage a culture of underachieving and the message sent to ownership is “it’s fine, we don’t care because we are complete morons and don’t know the difference”. You smooth brain fans send the message that the overall fan base doesn’t care and will accept anything that they receive and be fine with failure. You fans are the true enemy of this team. Now you can resume blowing the team and I’m sure you all miss having Mac’s balls on your chins. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We should probably just stop going back and forth on this one.

It seems you honestly believe he wasn't a failure in Miami, I get it - I won't argue with you anymore.

The only point I've been trying to make this whole time is Gase was a bad hire and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

Agree.  And it's not whether I think he was a failure or not.  It's you not knowing what the word means and your inability or refusal to look beyond numbers.

Funny, for someone saying that no one will convince you that he wasnt a bad hire, which he wasn't, you jump into every thread and counter every single positive post about Gase and argue that it's wrong, that Gase sucks, was a failure.  It's like  you're on a mission to convince everyone that he was a bad hire.  We get it, you don't like Gase, liked someone more I assume.