Jump to content
Rsherman28

[Tony Pauline] Joe Douglas Done Deal

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

when will this be official?

Could be as long as  next Monday.   Tues-Thurs mini camp.  Big announcements are seldom made on Fridays, not good for the news cycle.  Monday maximizes the good news announcement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

 

Good, now hire Douglas as the GM and let Him Choose His assistants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony Pauline also said the jets were making a big mistake cutting Jace Amaro so who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tony Pauline also said the jets were making a big mistake cutting Jace Amaro so who knows

He also said they were finalizing the terms of the Paradis contract.

Hey he nailed a big one on Mac, he gets his 15 minutes of fame 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flgreen said:

He also said they were finalizing the terms of the Paradis contract.

Hey he nailed a big one on Mac, he gets his 15 minutes of fame 

What was his scoop on Mac?  That there was heat between him and Gase?  A half dozen other reporters reported that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

With the GM interviews wrapped up, it's  become eerily quiet in Jet land. You would think this comes to a conclusion by the end of the week.

A reasonable expectation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Before the end of next week? Why do I have this dooming feeling if it goes beyond this week Douglas won't be the guy?

Because he’s not going to be the guy

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Gase on G.M. hire: However long it takes to find right guy

Posted by Josh Alper on June 4, 2019
 
The Jets have conducted four interviews with candidates for their General Manager vacancy and there aren’t any other meetings on the docket, so there’s an expectation that they’ll be hiring someone for the job in the near future.

Head coach Adam Gase said on Tuesday that he hopes that’s the case, but said the team will take “however long it takes us to get the right guy.” He also didn’t rule out bringing in other candidates, although it does seem that Bears assistant director of player personnel Champ Kelly, Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas, Seahawks co-director of player personnel Scott Fitterer or Saints director of pro scouting Terry Fontenot will be the choice.

Gase participated in the interviews with all four candidates, but said the ultimate decision will be made by CEO Christopher Johnson.

“We went through some interviews this weekend,” Gase said at a press conference. “Those guys did a great job. It was a great process we’ve gone through so far. We’ll just keep huddling up and figuring out where we are with that until Christopher’s ready to make a decision.”

Douglas is regarded as the favorite for the job and joins Kelly in having a past working relationship with Gase, but it remains to be seen if he’ll wind up as Mike Maccagnan’s successor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering what Gase's level of involvement in these interviews was, and if anyone other than he and Chris Johnson were present. If it's just the two men, does it really take another week of going over their notes to make a decision? I mean, it's not like Neil Glat should have a vote. Gase is saying the right things publicly, but you have to wonder how hard he might be pushing for his desired candidate behind the scenes, and whether that input is helping his cause or causing CJ to reflexively resist. 

I've been preaching patience with this hire. I don't think they really need a GM in the building long before training camp starts. But it doesn't seem like this decision should take more than a day or two. If it is delayed, I hope that winds up being because they're waiting to announce an entire new front office and not just the GM. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm wondering what Gase's level of involvement in these interviews was, and if anyone other than he and Chris Johnson were present. If it's just the two men, does it really take another week of going over their notes to make a decision? I mean, it's not like Neil Glat should have a vote. Gase is saying the right things publicly, but you have to wonder how hard he might be pushing for his desired candidate behind the scenes, and whether that input is helping his cause or causing CJ to reflexively resist. 

I've been preaching patience with this hire. I don't think they really need a GM in the building long before training camp starts. But it doesn't seem like this decision should take more than a day or two. If it is delayed, I hope that winds up being because they're waiting to announce an entire new front office and not just the GM. 

 

They will likely wait till minicamp is over   Second interview/negotiations on Fri and press conf/ announcement on Mon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because he’s not going to be the guy

The pivot from “Jets are getting the best GM candidate on the market 😎“ to “he’s not that good and we never really wanted him anyway” is going to be head-spinningly fast.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

They will likely wait till minicamp is over   Second interview/negotiations on Fri and press conf/ announcement on Mon.

I'd certainly sign off on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Before the end of next week? Why do I have this dooming feeling if it goes beyond this week Douglas won't be the guy?

Nah

They already know who they are going to hire.  Johnson's want to get the most hype out of it.  As most NFL owners would.

Tuesday to Thursday is mini camp, Plenty of Jets news hype there.  Big stories seldom break on a Friday.

 

Figure next Monday, if not, after the OTA's

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

With the GM interviews wrapped up, it's  become eerily quiet in Jet land. You would think this comes to a conclusion by the end of the week. I'm pushing for Douglas as GM with Kelly as an assistant. 

Due Diligence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one of our crackerjack beat reporters will be the first to tweet the announcement of our new GM after reading it from Schefter with the term "sources confirm"?

a. Manish Mehta

b. Connor Hughes

c. Rich Cimini

d. Brian Costello

e. Eric Allen

f. Dennis Waszak

g, Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Rapoport making it sound like Jets like Fitterer a lot. Where you at now Tony?!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about what these windbags have to say? The Jets pretty much haven't made a sound since they sh*tcanned Mac. I just hope they FINALLY make a good choice. Any new GM should know that Jets fans will be hanging on their draft record. If they don't have total confidence they know how to draft they should know Jets fans will smell it and immediately go in for the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiring a guy that comes from a organization that has neglected the offensive line is perfect for us. Hire Joe ******* Douglas. Holy ****. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A's hire A's, B's hire C's.  

I anxiously await the decision announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Hiring a guy that comes from a organization that has neglected the offensive line is perfect for us. Hire Joe ******* Douglas. Holy ****. 

from AN organization... a n. an.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southtown24th said:

from AN organization... a n. an.

You did a wonderful job today. A++ 

2233963A-AE25-497F-957D-39619A35D4AC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's between Douglas & Kelly.

The Jets make millions of dollars, just get them both Chris. Open your wallet and get decision makers in here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, slats said:

I'm wondering what Gase's level of involvement in these interviews was, and if anyone other than he and Chris Johnson were present. If it's just the two men, does it really take another week of going over their notes to make a decision? I mean, it's not like Neil Glat should have a vote. Gase is saying the right things publicly, but you have to wonder how hard he might be pushing for his desired candidate behind the scenes, and whether that input is helping his cause or causing CJ to reflexively resist. 

I've been preaching patience with this hire. I don't think they really need a GM in the building long before training camp starts. But it doesn't seem like this decision should take more than a day or two. If it is delayed, I hope that winds up being because they're waiting to announce an entire new front office and not just the GM. 

 

CJ, Gase and Elhai conducted all interviews.

Gase has been pretty open about the process. CJ gave Gase and Elhai guidelines on what he wants in the next GM. Gase and Elhai took that info and created a job description. CJ will make the decision with Gase and Elhai’s feedback.

The only part we have to fill in is how they come up with the list of candidates. My guess is that they asked trusted people in the organization for recommendations. Gase likely recommended Douglas and Kelly (who may also have been recommended by Loggains). Gregg or Vitt may have recommended Fontenot. And CJ from past request to interview them may have added Paton and Fitterer. This part is my guess though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely between some guy and some other guy with one guy already pretty much being a done deal and where the announcement is most likely to get made next week or possibly maybe at some other point in the future after Jets minicamp is over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing the lengths the Jets are willing to go to mask this "done deal" the media has been reporting. It's almost like they haven't made a decision yet and the media is full of ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't tell you how annoying reading this thread title every day.  Sorry, "done deal" and all this delay are not exactly consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can't tell you how annoying reading this thread title every day.  Sorry, "done deal" and all this delay are not exactly consistent.

Only 18 pages? Seriously? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Amazing the lengths the Jets are willing to go to mask this "done deal" the media has been reporting. It's almost like they haven't made a decision yet and the media is full of ish.

I've got a feeling that Johnson and Gase are at an impasse. I can see Gase trying to persuade Johnson with Douglas, while Johnson is leaning towards one of the other candidates. It should be Johnson's decision and his alone.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...