[Tony Pauline] Joe Douglas Done Deal

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's already a done deal....it's just a matter of time before they announce it.

I hope you are right, but haven't you been a Jet fan long enough to know that with this team, nothing is a done deal until it signed, sealed and delivered.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I hope you are right, but haven't you been a Jet fan long enough to know that with this team, nothing is a done deal until it signed, sealed and delivered.  

I'm of the belief that it has already been signed, sealed, and delivered. We'll find out soon enough if I'm wrong or right.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mavericknyc1980 said:

How are you so sure.

Reading between the lines and with everything that has transpired since the rumors came out I'm fairly certain. If Douglas does gets hired and rounds out the bulk of his staff within a month, then we'll all know the true answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Reading between the lines and with everything that has transpired since the rumors came out I'm fairly certain. If Douglas does gets hired and rounds out the bulk of his staff within a month, then we'll all know the true answer.

You and I are thinking the same thing friend.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Something never change in this board.  I remember four years ago like yesterday most posters here were gushing over the Jaguars coffee boy thinking he was behind their every moves.  Now this water boy kid is also supposed to be the Eagle behind the scene GM.  Probably the only difference between the two is that one couldn’t be seen without a coffee in his hand and the other without a water bottle.

do you mean the Texans?  Mac was never with Jacksonville IIRC. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Nothing is definite until all napkins are removed from the building. 

Nah, I just watch from the outside every few years as most here gush and praise the new kid on the block even if his last job was being coffee or a water boy.  By the second year WE ALL COME AROUND.  Now carry on with your love fest.

What would you suggest the solution is? A retread GM? What about Douglas specifically reminds you of Idzik or Macc?

Something never change in this board.  I remember four years ago like yesterday most posters here were gushing over the Jaguars coffee boy thinking he was behind their every moves.  Now this water boy kid is also supposed to be the Eagle behind the scene GM.  Probably the only difference between the two is that one couldn’t be seen without a coffee in his hand and the other without a water bottle.
Director of scouting = coffee boy. Vice President of football personel = water boy. You must have a really interesting job.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm of the belief that it has already been signed, sealed, and delivered. We'll find out soon enough if I'm wrong or right.

I won't believe that until the Jets tweet out the photo of Douglas in Florham Park signing his contract.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Relax, this is the internet.

12 hours ago, RobR said:

i believe youre right too, everything ive heard is he's been the guy all along and they were just gauging whether he would take it through back channels.  

what will be interesting is to see who he brings with him.  The initial thoughts were DJ which is still possible, theres a few guys on the eagles that will probably be coming over since he brought them there with him from the ravens.  But the big one i keep hearing is Champ Kelly could be coming to work under him.  Champ had been requested as an interview but to my knowledge nothing had been scheduled yet.. could be because he's had talks to work under douglas.  Again we'll wait and see but i expect this all to be sorted by mondays news cycle. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

i believe youre right too, everything ive heard is he's been the guy all along and they were just gauging whether he would take it through back channels.  

what will be interesting is to see who he brings with him.  The initial thoughts were DJ which is still possible, theres a few guys on the eagles that will probably be coming over since he brought them there with him from the ravens.  But the big one i keep hearing is Champ Kelly could be coming to work under him.  Champ had been requested as an interview but to my knowledge nothing had been scheduled yet.. could be because he's had talks to work under douglas.  Again we'll wait and see but i expect this all to be sorted by mondays news cycle. 

Thanks for the update. Any thoughts on why the Jets fired that scout last week?

Paton has turned down a bunch of other interview requests already. He doesn’t want to go anywhere else. And Douglas is better

I don’t know why we keep reaching out to this guy. I also don’t know why we continue to give the Vikings the ability to stuff something in our faces. Seems like there is a disconnect with reality up top of the jets org.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t know why we keep reaching out to this guy. I also don’t know why we continue to give the Vikings the ability to stuff something in our faces. Seems like there is a disconnect with reality up top of the jets org.

By winning the Cousins contest, the Vikings actually lost. And the organization and fans know it.

• Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is the guy the Johnsons clearly wanted .  Mom must like him.   Glad he turned the Jets down...……………. again.The Johnsons aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree when it comes to football

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1