[Tony Pauline] Joe Douglas Done Deal

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

So it’s Bowles fault that Stewart and Hansen and the rest of the talentless mooks Maccagnan drafted aren’t in the league anymore?   Ok....Lol

Macagnan’s wide receiver draft picks are scary terrible 

Literally my dog would have drafted better 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, RobR said:

Actually you can.

Seriously.  If Stewart had gone on to another team and contributed, you could make that case.  But these stiffs are no where to be found, and rosters are at 90 men right now.   The Jets have a rugby player who has never played football on the roster, but Stewart and the rest of Maccagnan’s gang is home with their thumbs up their a$$es.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

1. 17 targets in 341 ******* offensive snaps?  I'm sorry.  I forgot that Bowles was also supposed to tell insist that the QB to throw to #16, even if he can't get open.  He played between 40 and 80% of the snaps over the last half.  Ruined by coaching!

2. Conspiracy?  How many people beyond Gase deny that Gase got Maccagnan fired?  How many outlets have reported that Gase was pissed that Maccagnan didn't go after Paradis or another center?  I didn't make this up.  If you choose not to believe it, I can't help you. 

Belichick, who loves to use ex-jets to spite us and his qb loves to throw to slot receivers, signed Chad Hansen and cut him two weeks later

What does that tell you?

Just now, sec101row23 said:

So it’s Bowles fault that Stewart and Hansen and the rest of the talentless mooks Maccagnan drafted aren’t in the league anymore?   Ok....Lol

No I'm not saying it's exclusively all Bowles fautl and I've never said that - what I'm saying is it's not 100% Mac's fault or any GM for that matter when a draft pick doesn't become a useful NFL player.

That's the problem with these forums , lot's of posters want to deal with absolutes and have a hard time accepting that fact.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Belichick, who loves to use ex-jets to spite us and his qb loves to throw to slot receivers, signed Chad Hansen and cut him two weeks later

What does that tell you?

We were done playing the Pats for the season.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

tfw youre so invested in your doofy contrarian bit that you have to defend Mike Lombardi

Is this the same Lombardi who accurately reported that Mac was going to get sh*t canned after the draft?

And i'm more invested in my doofy Jets can be relied upon to FUBAR pretty much any situation bit

Just now, Philc1 said:

Chad Hansen plays for who currently?

Nobody - but I answered your question. Guys are brought in by opponents all the time to get whatever they can from them info wise, after they get the info they cut the player . This has been going on in the NFL forever.

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.  If Stewart had gone on to another team and contributed, you could make that case.  But these stiffs are no where to be found, and rosters are at 90 men right now.   The Jets have a rugby player who has never played football on the roster, but Stewart and the rest of Maccagnan’s gang is home with their thumbs up their a$$es.  

The rugby player is international and doesn't count against the roster.  Stewart didn't sit hom with his thumb up his ass.  He was on the Raiders and Redskins practice squads.  The 'skins signed him to a futures deal on New Year's Eve and then cut him January 9.  Nots sure why, but he's been a free agent ever since.  He got arrested on a gun charge in April, so even if he didn't suck, he probably wouldn't be getting any offers now. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nobody - but I answered your question. Guys are brought in by opponents all the time to get whatever they can from them info wise, after they get the info they cut the player . This has been going on in the NFL forever.

Then why did the Broncos cut him on May 8th?  I know the answer.  

The Broncos cut Grayson on Thursday, Mike Klis of Denver’s News9 reports. They also waived receiver Chad Hansen to clear the way for their undrafted free agent signings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/02/broncos-cut-garrett-grayson-chad-hansen/

• Upvote 1

I hope that's not true.  If they don't give control of the 53 to the new GM, they won't get anyone worth a damn.   That would be a major mistake.
I'd be very surprised if true, Gase said the GM would have control.  Hope this isn't a CJ screw up.  Got to go check now

Kirwan still saying it’s going to be Douglas, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

We were done playing the Pats for the season.

I see you are trying to think up logical reasons to explain why Hansen was cut.  You are wrong.  We weren't done playing the Pats for the season until week 17.  Both games were after the bye, November 25 and December 30.  The Pats claimed him on September 2 and cut him on September 10.  They picked up Corey Coleman and Bennie Fowler, neither played for the Pats and both ended up on the Giants.  Hansen sucks.  He isn't a complete zero - he got workouts with a bunch of teams, but none of the ones that signed him kept him around and now with rosters at 90, nobody is willing to take a chance on a 24 year old former 4th rounder. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Gase has said that the GM will have control of the 53. Did it sound like speculation or actual reporting?

It was weird. They were talking about it like it was an understood conclusion. They mentioned the "guys" who turned down the position and started looking at who else was left out of the crop. Kelly was the guy they thought would be the best bet. 

I came in late and only listened for a few min so I wasn't able to hear the follow up. I'm not seeing anything else like that but it spooked me. I didn't know where it came from. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I hope that's not true.  If they don't give control of the 53 to the new GM, they won't get anyone worth a damn.   That would be a major mistake.

I'd be very surprised if true, Gase said the GM would have control.  Hope this isn't a CJ screw up.  Got to go check now

I haven't had the time to really dig in today, but I haven't seen anything else to support what they were saying.  They were talking about it in the past tense. Like it already happened. The problem is I can absolutely see CJ messing it up like that. not that I know the guy's idiosyncrasies or anything but he doesn't seem to understand  a lot of things. 

I hope it's not true. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Douglass was with the Eagles when they drafted Nelson Agholor in the 1st round. Mac signed Anderson as an UDFA. Guess Mac's a genius, or Douglass missed out big time.

No he wasn't.  Agholor was drafted in 2015.  Douglas with just being hired away from the Ravens to be Director of College Scouting for the Bears. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

like in anything, you have to do the best you can to put yourself in position to be successful. being afraid to fail is the number 1 reason why people don't succeed. i rather ask a third time and get turned down by the guy i think is the guy then not ask.

hmmmm maybe. Not a bad point.  It also reeks of someone who just isn't getting the point too though. ya know. The thick headed moronic types who cant take the hint.  Add to it that CJ is most likely not used to hearing the word NO very often in his regular life. 

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It was weird. They were talking about it like it was an understood conclusion. They mentioned the "guys" who turned down the position and started looking at who else was left out of the crop. Kelly was the guy they thought would be the best bet. 

I came in late and only listened for a few min so I wasn't able to hear the follow up. I'm not seeing anything else like that but it spooked me. I didn't know where it came from. 

Yeah Dominik did state it like accepted fact. Spooks me too. It was only like 3 minutes. He does really like the Seattle guy though as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah Dominik did state it like accepted fact. Spooks me too. It was only like 3 minutes. He does really like the Seattle guy though as well.

Good. I'm glad at least someone else heard it.  I started to wonder if I was having an Acid flashback or something. I'm not seeing anything to support his point anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No he wasn't.  Agholor was drafted in 2015.  Douglas with just being hired away from the Ravens to be Director of College Scouting for the Bears. 

So he was part of the team that took Kevin White? 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I stand corrected. My point is still valid, though. Should Eagles fan's be putting a dunce cap on Chip Kelly for that pick. Could have had Anderson for pennies on the dollar

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nope.  Still with the Ravens.  You'd have to try and pin Perriman on him.  Maybe that is why he is so against analytics?  They drafted Perriman and Waller, who were both size speed guys. 

I guess Leonard Floyd's a good player...

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I guess Leonard Floyd's a good player...

I guess.  Interesting thing is that this would be the third time this guy switched jobs and every time it will have been after the draft.  May 15, 2015 from Ravens national scout to become Bears college scouting director.  May 11, 2016 to become the Eagles VP of player personnel.  June 1 to become Jets GM?  

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I guess.  Interesting thing is that this would be the third time this guy switched jobs and every time it will have been after the draft.  May 15, 2015 from Ravens national scout to become Bears college scouting director.  May 11, 2016 to become the Eagles VP of player personnel.  June 1 to become Jets GM?  

Moving on up...!!! 

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Like with any new GM hire, any of the good picks his former team made were because of him, and all the bad picks were because of someone else.

Dont forget the Head Coach! 

I'm fully prepared to give all the credit to Adam Gase if Q. Will and Polite are studs.  

• Upvote 1