Here's a new one! Packer tears Achilles tendon...it's Coach Matt LaFleur

Posted this news 13 hours ago lol.. I just think it is so ironic coaches screaming at players for having better things to do than O ta’s.. where they preach how to properly warm and stretch, and this idiot obviously just ran out there like he is Michael Jordan lol. If u tear your Achilles, 99 out of a 100 you didn’t warm up or stretch it ?‍♂️

Posted this news 13 hours ago lol.. I just think it is so ironic coaches screaming at players for having better things to do than O ta’s.. where they preach how to properly warm and stretch, and this idiot obviously just ran out there like he is Michael Jordan lol. If u tear your Achilles, 99 out of a 100 you didn’t warm up or stretch it ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

24946B77-4D5E-42B9-89BF-3867981E0C73.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

My roommate always said this in college when we needed a certain type of paper for a certain type of green herb. It was a fun inside joke. Great movie. 

I used to say this when I would go out to buy the newspaper - lol. 

I'm guessing this is one of the most quoted lines in the entire movie and I think that's this actor's only moment in the movie.  How great must it have been for him to say to people "I'm the 'get the papers get the papers' guy from Goodfellas".  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Meh, so you're a little late.  It's okay. :P

I'm pretty sure Vinny Testaverde stretched his Achilles but who knows?!?!?

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:01 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

I must be in the 1%. I tore mine at the 21 mile mark of the Maryland Marathon after running up Satyr Hill. I would think after running for a little over 2 hours I was sufficiently warmed up. You never know.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:09 AM, Jetsplayer21 said:

This statement is not even close to being true but may sound plausible to someone with no medical background.

6 hours ago, docdhc said:

This statement is not even close to being true but may sound plausible to someone with no medical background.

Really? Well seems you are 100% wrong on both accounts. You should educate yourself “ doc “ ? I’m sure you are an arm chair fan. Some of us athletes, especially with medical backgrounds know what most should.. https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/stretch-achilles-tendon

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Really? Well seems you are 100% wrong on both accounts. You should educate yourself “ doc “ ? I’m sure you are an arm chair fan. Some of us athletes, especially with medical backgrounds know what most should.. https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/stretch-achilles-tendon

You'll have to show me where in that article it says 99% of achilles tendon ruptures occur in patients who didn't stretch properly.  Yes, not stretching can be a factor with "weekend warriors" but there are many elite athletes who tear their achilles during sporting events after warming up properly.  There are also many medical reasons that can contribute like chronic tendonitis, renal disease, or diabetes to name a few.  Here is a link to an article that gives a more in depth explanation than web MD.  BTW I didn't mean to insult you, only disagree with the 99% claim.    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK430844/