Jets Conducted First GM Interview with Scott Fitterer

Seahawks huh? Another team that refuses to build a good oline around there franchise QB. This guy would fit right in here

They’re doing something right over there. We could do worse than this guy but I’m still hoping for the Gase relationship to be a major factor. I just want synergy and vision.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I agree with you @Green Bean.  One of my fears here is that the Johnson's will get  cute, and screw it up.  lol

I originally felt Douglas was going to turn the Jets down for the interview.  He seems to be well thought of and has options. Now that he's accepted the interview, I think he'll take the job.  Unless CJ.........nevermind

Gase and Douglas have the same agent.  The best way to tamper is through an agent.  His guys make more money, he makes more money.

Gase, right now, knows if Douglas will take the job.  His agent won't lie to him over this.   This should be done next Monday, unless...................nevermind

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I just want to get the right person in here soon so we can have some stability.

I agree

The good news (for me) is IMO Champ Kelly is the second choice.  He and Gase have like 6 years together.  Only down side I can see is, again IMO, Gase will have a lot more influence if it's Kelly then if it's Douglas.

Either way, it should bring a lot more stability, and a lot of intensity on the field.  Think we're in for some fun times

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree

The good news (for me) is IMO Champ Kelly is the second choice.  He and Gase have like 6 years together.  Only down side I can see is, again IMO, Gase will have a lot more influence if it's Kelly then if it's Douglas.

Either way, it should bring a lot more stability, and a lot of intensity on the field.  Think we're in for some fun times

That would be such a delightful change. God I felt so wonderful last year after we beat the Lions only to be crushed after the home loss to the Bills. Hoping for a big difference this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That would be such a delightful change. God I felt so wonderful last year after we beat the Lions only to be crushed after the home loss to the Bills. Hoping for a big difference this year.

This is certainly going to be a different team.  Just look at the CS from last year.  

Like the early Rex years, this is going to be different, and up tempo.

WE'll see how it ends, but it's going to be entertaining

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is certainly going to be a different team.  Just look at the CS from last year.  

Like the early Rex years, this is going to be different, and up tempo.

WE'll see how it ends, but it's going to be entertaining

I'm SO upbeat when we brought in Greg Williams . REALLY looking forward to what he does with the talent he has on our D.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Looks like we got one done. That's good news. The sooner this is over the better.  I'm hoping for Douglas due to the Raven's background and Gase comfort level. I'm all in on Gase and his demands for better or for worse. I'd hate for us to hire the one guy who doesn't have a history with Gase and watch the drama fest continue. Anyway... One down. 

Yep. We need to be all in or all out with Gase now. Can't go half way with a so so GM, might as well kept Mac in that case.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm SO upbeat when we brought in Greg Williams . REALLY looking forward to what he does with the talent he has on our D.

And I was very happy when the Jets brought in Adam Gase.  He and Darnold are going to be good together.  I'm not so thrilled with Gase as GM.   Douglas comes,  Like I said, fun times

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

I agree with you @Green Bean.  One of my fears here is that the Johnson's will get  cute, and screw it up.  lol

I originally felt Douglas was going to turn the Jets down for the interview.  He seems to be well thought of and has options. Now that he's accepted the interview, I think he'll take the job.  Unless CJ.........nevermind

Gase and Douglas have the same agent.  The best way to tamper is through an agent.  His guys make more money, he makes more money.

Gase, right now, knows if Douglas will take the job.  His agent won't lie to him over this.   This should be done next Monday, unless...................nevermind

lol  We are aligned perfectly. I have hope but I have fear.  I have belief but I have experience with the Jets. God forbid we become a perennial winner. I will need therapy.  

34 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol  We are aligned perfectly. I have hope but I have fear.  I have belief but I have experience with the Jets. God forbid we become a perennial winner. I will need therapy.  

www.betterhelp.com on line mental therapy 

• Haha 1

The Fitterer family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Fitterer families were found in the USA in 1920. In 1911 there was 1 Fitterer family living in Quebec. This was 100% of all the recorded Fitterer's in Canada. Quebec had the highest population of Fitterer families in 1911.

In 1880, the most common Fitterer occupation in the USA was Laborer. 20% of Fitterer's were Laborers. A less common occupation for the Fitterer family was Keeps House. Laborer, Farmer and Keeping House were the top 3 reported jobs worked by Fitterer.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

“I want a great strategic thinker. It’s more than a talent-evaluation guy. I want a great strategic thinker, a great manager, a communicator, someone who can collaborate well with the building. I’m convinced I’m going to find that person.”

This is what makes me think that Chris Johnson gets it and has the Jets on the right track.  He wants someone who is more dynamic, and engaged.  Maccagnan, coffee in hand, was never that.

Gase energy and proactive "mania" triggered something in Johnson.  Finally the blind squirrel is seeing the possibilities.

Unless Joe Douglas pulls a "Mike McCarthy" in the interview, he will be the man.  I consider it to be a formality at this point.

Of course, it's the Jets.  But not this time.  Things have changed....

I'd be happy with any of the last 3, Douglas, Champ Kelly or Fontenot, with Douglas & Fontenot as front runners. All 3 come from organizations that have been transformed through the draft with touches of free agents. All 3 teams have complete Olines. 

The Eagles had way more free agents that were keys to winning their Super Bowl, Foles, Ajayi, Blount, Chris Long, Alshon Jeffery. 

Signing free agents is not our problem. Drafting is the Jets problem. I would be happy with Terry Fontenot, and he's my sleeper in this sweepstakes for our GM.

Its Douglas or Fontenot. The Bears gave up 2 first rounders for Khalil Mack, pushing all of their chips into the middle of the table, similar to Bell unexpectedly becoming a free agent, Gruden trading Mack was just dumb luck for the Bears.

Douglas or Fontenot......get it done CJ, I'll be happy with either one.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'd be happy with any of the last 3, Douglas, Champ Kelly or Fontenot, with Douglas & Fontenot as front runners. All 3 come from organizations that have been transformed through the draft with touches of free agents. All 3 teams have complete Olines. 

The Eagles had way more free agents that were keys to winning their Super Bowl, Foles, Ajayi, Blount, Chris Long, Alshon Jeffery. 

Signing free agents is not our problem. Drafting is the Jets problem. I would be happy with Terry Fontenot, and he's my sleeper in this sweepstakes for our GM.

Its Douglas or Fontenot. The Bears gave up 2 first rounders for Khalil Mack, pushing all of their chips into the middle of the table, similar to Bell unexpectedly becoming a free agent, Gruden trading Mack was just dumb luck for the Bears.

Douglas or Fontenot......get it done CJ, I'll be happy with either one.

I agree. Fontenot and Douglas both come from good stock. The Bears don't strike me as that type of organization. Don't forget, not only did they pass on both Watson and Mahomes, but they traded up one spot to take Trubisky.If that's the mentoring Kelly has been getting, or even worse, if he was all for the Trubisky stuff, show him the door right now.

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

It looks like the Jets aren't reaching out to any other candidates. One guy that I would have liked them to consider is Reggie McKenzie, the former Raiders GM. 

I was hoping we'd hire McKenzie as GM and have him go get McCarthy. Be interesting to see where we end up. Have to say, I'm not disappointed in the process so far.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I was hoping we'd hire McKenzie as GM and have him go get McCarthy. Be interesting to see where we end up. Have to say, I'm not disappointed in the process so far.

That would have been a ticket to 5 more years of hell. I do not profess to know enough  about the GM candidates but all of them seem pretty qualified. Douglas looks to be front runner but you never know. 

• Upvote 1