Nixhead

Game Day Superstitions .......

We all probably have some. I have many. Like probably some of you - #1 my wife is not allowed in the room during the game. No friggin way. Bad Luck! #2. Me and my son toss a football around during the game.  He holds it for offense. Me defense. Then when that doesn’t work we throw the ball in  the kitchen and no one is allowed to touch it. Would be bad luck if my wife or daughters even breathed on the ball. Don’t touch it - Bad Luck. #3 My son has to go out on the porch for every field goal. He can see the TV thru the glass. 2 times he didn’t last year and both field goals were missed - Bad Luck! He will be out there for every kick this season. Lol. We have a few more. I wanna hear some of you other Jet heads superstitions so maybe I can adopt some new ones. 

• Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1. Chug full beer right before 1st and 2nd Half kick-offs (as kick off team is coming onto field)

2. Wear some JETS gear even if only a hat or drinking from a large JETS beer mug

Pretty much it. Lol those on the regular during football season. I grill a lot so I’ll always eating or having a lot of food on game days and working on my 3 and 1 year old boys JETS chants. 

3. Oh who can forget regularly cursing out Bowles for sh*tty timeouts and horrible lack of balls play calling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I usually read the Game thread here because I'm a sadomasochist, apparently.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

We all probably have some. I have many. Like probably some of you - #1 my wife is not allowed in the room during the game. No friggin way. Bad Luck! #2. Me and my son toss a football around during the game.  He holds it for offense. Me defense. Then when that doesn’t work we throw the ball in  the kitchen and no one is allowed to touch it. Would be bad luck if my wife or daughters even breathed on the ball. Don’t touch it - Bad Luck. #3 My son has to go out on the porch for every field goal. He can see the TV thru the glass. 2 times he didn’t last year and both field goals were missed - Bad Luck! He will be out there for every kick this season. Lol. We have a few more. I wanna hear some of you other Jet heads superstitions so maybe I can adopt some new ones. 

O

M

G

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I try to break a mirror and walk under a ladder right before every game for the last three seasons

Oh ..  wait, that might not be working out so well … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got news for everyone, whatever superstitions you have for the Jets, they ain’t workin 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

I’m surprised there is no pig blood spilled somewhere in this

• Like 1

I have noticed if I don't wear any Jets gear or logos at all we win. I've also noticed if I don't watch the game we win. So what the f*** is the point of even being here? This sucks

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Oh there's been blood spilled! Maybe not pig blood but it there's been walls punched and glasses thrown and footballs thru windows and Blood!

• Like 1

Well the last time we were i the playoffs I would touch all my Jets memorabilia and just say  J E T S JETS JETS JETS. It seemed to work. Did the next season and it did not. So I felt silly and stopped.

My wife is a Jinx. Whenever she would walk in the next play would be an Int. Fumble or some goofy crap. This happened on several occasions. One day during an intense game (again going back to our last playoff run.) it happened again and she just laughed. I turned on my Ralph Kramden "GET OUT.......OUT!!!!!!! YOU DO THIS EVERYTIME  OUT. She still busts my balls over it.

• Haha 1

I know that if I have some hope that the Jets will pull off an upset then they will automatically blow it.    That's not really a superstition, really.  More like reality...

Slaughtering of pigs is strictly for the off season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

lol

Great thread topic man. Truly! 

I have lessened my superstitions over the past couple of years ever since I left my Jets stronghold in NJ, but I do still hear the old voices during games. The only one I really still do is when the idiotic TV announcers say something like "He hasn't missed a FG in the last 20 attempts" right before a kick I knock 5 times on some good solid wood. That helps counteract the bad Ju Ju .  You're welcome. 

One that I used to do with solid success is when we were having the 2 min drive at the end of a game for the big 4th quarter come back I would turn my jersey inside out.  Amazingly it would seem to work more often than not. lol 

Oh.... and get that son of yours on the damned porch for God's sake!!!!!   HAHAHA  :)  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Do you live in 1940?

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

I masturbate. But I do that every day

Do you at least switch hands or put on a jets glove?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same JETS shirt next week if they win. Different one if they lose.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, edscuba said:

Same JETS shirt next week if they win. Different one if they lose.

I’m guessing you have a lot of Jets shirts then. 

• Haha 1

I put on my Calvin Pryor jersey for every game...most games we lose when I wear it but my fantasy teams seem to do well so there is that.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I got news for everyone, whatever superstitions you have for the Jets, they ain’t workin 

Exactly.  I have done it all.  Ordered same food/drink at the bar untl they lose.  Same spot at the bar each week.  Wear same shirt/hat until they lose.  Different player as screen saver.  But nothing seems to work.  So they new one for 2019 is no superstition.  Just enjoy the games, wearing whatever, eating whatever, sitting wherever I want.  And see what happens.

Now, on Saturday, you know i will be wearing that lucky Bulldog t-shirt, but Sundays; nor more superstitions.

Mike Devito jersey.

White jets hat on offense, green Jets hat on D.

Jets insulated tumbler with green NOS mixed with vodka.

Masturbate during commercials with Stormtrooper mask on.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m guessing you have a lot of Jets shirts then. 

only need two for his system.  Got lost in the math of it huh? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  I have done it all.  Ordered same food/drink at the bar untl they lose.  Same spot at the bar each week.  Wear same shirt/hat until they lose.  Different player as screen saver.  But nothing seems to work.  So they new one for 2019 is no superstition.  Just enjoy the games, wearing whatever, eating whatever, sitting wherever I want.  And see what happens.

Now, on Saturday, you know i will be wearing that lucky Bulldog t-shirt, but Sundays; nor more superstitions.

This works until you find yourself looking at the seat you were sitting in during a win last week while were down 10 in the 4th quarter. :P 

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

only need two for his system.  Got lost in the math of it huh? 

You apparently got lost in the joke. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You apparently got lost in the joke. 

lost in the weeds of finely constructed comedy.  It happens.  

I always have some jets stuff on. Usually wear my 28 Jersey on gameday. The only other ritual that persists is; I dont wear anything of the opposing team's colors during the game.

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lost in the weeds of finely constructed comedy.  It happens.  

The Jets are a Tragicomedy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol

Great thread topic man. Truly! 

I have lessened my superstitions over the past couple of years ever since I left my Jets stronghold in NJ, but I do still hear the old voices during games. The only one I really still do is when the idiotic TV announcers say something like "He hasn't missed a FG in the last 20 attempts" right before a kick I knock 5 times on some good solid wood. That helps counteract the bad Ju Ju .  You're welcome. 

One that I used to do with solid success is when we were having the 2 min drive at the end of a game for the big 4th quarter come back I would turn my jersey inside out.  Amazingly it would seem to work more often than not. lol 

Oh.... and get that son of yours on the damned porch for God's sake!!!!!   HAHAHA  :)  

Good stuff man! It completely drives me crazy when the announcers say that crap like " Jets running backs haven't fumbled now in over 200 carries" because you know what's coming! I am so glad you have a counter for those kinds of statements cause you can't punch the announcer in the face - but Im sure you would if u could - and so would I. Me and my son will use your counter - maybe a double counter will stop the inevitable from happening.

• Like 1

The Jets are a Tragicomedy 

Indeed they are. If it wasn’t funny it would be ... wait. It’s actually not funny. :)
Unless you’re a pats fan of course.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good stuff man! It completely drives me crazy when the announcers say that crap like " Jets running backs haven't fumbled now in over 200 carries" because you know what's coming! I am so glad you have a counter for those kinds of statements cause you can't punch the announcer in the face - but Im sure you would if u could - and so would I. Me and my son will use your counter - maybe a double counter will stop the inevitable from happening.

lol. It’s the worst isn’t it?
Hey. The more the merrier. If we could get ever single jets fan to do it at the same time we’d certainly affect the game. No?? :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I'm superstitious about being superstitious, so too many to list.

14 hours ago, Nixhead said:

The TV is an anachronism in this tale

Judging by prior performance, I suggest we all do the exact opposite of our rituals this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Judging by prior performance, I suggest we all do the exact opposite of our rituals this year. 

They brought us Q.:D