Barkley “Jones will win 2 Superbowls”

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nothing wrong with what you're saying. 

I thought that Jones at 6 was high, but I didnt think that he wasnt talented. 

Sitting for a year could do him very well. 

I also didnt know that history of Gettleman. How did he draft Elway and Kelly? Didnt they go in the same draft?

Good catch, he started with the bills as a scouting intern in 1986, Kelly was drafted in 1983. It gets better, he worked as a scout for Denver from 1994-1997 so obviously he drafted John elway in 1983??. Soon this guy will give him credit for drafting Lawrence Taylor?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

They were all but making fun of his arm at the combine, his longer throws were pure lobs just hanging in Lucas oil.  

Really?...Jeez (didn’t see that).  Just heard and saw some footage.

I’d be really upset right now if I were a Giant fan, because they’re about to blow the next 5 years with Jones.  Usually becomes so political too when a 1st Rd QB doesn’t turn out the way wanted (why Arizona was smart to cut bait almost immediately with Rosen, rare to see a team own a mistake on a drafted QB so quickly).

All the DCs are just going to put that Pennington game plan in with Jones....take away the whole middle of the field and let him try to beat you on the out routes which require arm.

Barkley is going to be ruined.

I thought the only big knock Jones was arm strength, however, I thought I heard from players in camp he has a strong arm? He is a clone of Eli and Brady, pocket passer. I think this kid will be boom or bust he'll get stronger. Obviously he is gonna get the support of teammates.

28 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Did ownership change have anything to do with this?

Very possible. Probable maybe. Panthers had to clean house of the old school, cigar chompin’ good ole boys after the sex harass fiasco. Or, less colorfully, new owners haven’t been humbled by losses yet, they think they know best and want their guys in key positions.