Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ken Shroy

NO FRIGGIN WAY!

Recommended Posts

The real Tom Terrific played for the Reds too, he is also in their HOF - nickname Tom Terrific - maybe they can help 

https://www.mlb.com/reds/hall-of-fame/alumni/directory#tom-seaver

talk about bad ownership, developed some of the best pitchers in the game, Nolan, Ryan, Tom Seaver and neither retired with the team add in Koosman, McGraw and they should have won more than one series in the day

 

George Thomas Seaver (born November 17, 1944), nicknamed Tom Terrific and The Franchise, is an American professional baseball pitcher. He pitched in Major League Baseball (MLB) from 1967 to 1986 for the New York Mets, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago White Sox, and Boston Red Sox. He played a role in the Mets' victory in the 1969 World Series.

With the Mets, Seaver won the National League (NL)'s Rookie of the Year Award in 1967, and won three NL Cy Young Awards as the league's best pitcher. He is a 12-time All-Star. Seaver is the Mets' all-time leader in wins, and he threw a no-hitter in 1978. During a 20-year MLB career, Seaver compiled 311 wins, 3,640 strikeouts, 61 shutouts and a 2.86 earned run average.

In 1992, Seaver was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame by the highest percentage of votes ever recorded at the time.[note 1] He is one of two players[note 2] wearing a New York Mets hat on his plaque in the Hall of Fame. He is also a member of the New York Mets Hall of Fame and the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

He might be the greatest QB to ever play the game, but he is NOT Tom Terrific! The patent office better deny this sh*t.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-plead-with-us-patent-office-to-deny-tom-bradys-tom-terrific-claim-034624292.html

 

 

He seriously tried for that?  I was looking at his gamelogs on pro football reference the other day and I was cracking up at the number of stupid nicknames they had listed for him. What a ******* maroon. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He seriously tried for that?  I was looking at his gamelogs on pro football reference the other day and I was cracking up at the number of stupid nicknames they had listed for him. What a ******* maroon. 

The ONLY thing more friggin ridiculous is his attempt to get the "TB" on his hat to become a big hot like Tiger and Jordan.

NO ONE wears a TB hat although he has worn one at every press conference etc...  he is a pussy!!!!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiF said:

 **** Tom Brady. 

Get a trademark on that and I will buy the hat. 

FWIW, I think that idiotic 3peat thing caused a bunch of this.  Pat Riley got the trademark.  The Lakers didn't three-peat, but when the Bulls did, he Riley actually earned like $300k from the t-shirts.  He got more money from the Yanks and some others. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's tasteless.  Tom Seaver is one of the greatest sports icons the modern era.  The guy had the highest all time HOF vote count up till a few years ago.  Reminds me of when Gene Simmons (not that I would ever expect anything more of him) tried to trademark the devil horns after Ronnie James Dio died.  You're trying to identify yourself with something that you didn't even come up with.  Total _____ scumbag move.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Greatest MET ever and 80 percent of Mets fans under 40 have no idea who he is.

Tom Seaver?

Wasn't he a Yankees play by play guy? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The real Tom Terrific played longer for the Reds

What? That is not true.

And, when Seaver came back, and the Mets let him go in at the end of spring in 1985, I was one of the most disappointed to see that move happen. But, the reason to release Seaver  was to get Dwight Gooden in the rotation.

As much as I wanted to see Seaver get 300 in a Mets uniform, that the Mets cultivated their young pitching was the right move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The ONLY thing more friggin ridiculous is his attempt to get the "TB" on his hat to become a big hot like Tiger and Jordan.

NO ONE wears a TB hat although he has worn one at every press conference etc...  he is a pussy!!!!

That's the TB12 method and I think it's a brand of "nutrition". 

Image result for TB12 method

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

The ONLY thing more friggin ridiculous is his attempt to get the "TB" on his hat to become a big hot like Tiger and Jordan.

NO ONE wears a TB hat although he has worn one at every press conference etc...  he is a pussy!!!!

Tuberculosis is nothing to sneeze at.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What? That is not true.

You are right (whew), I misread the wiki  - Baseball reference has it spelled out - fixed my post

NYM (12 yrs)CIN (6 yrs)CHW (3 yrs)BOS (1 yr)

still worst day for me as a sports fan (and Mets history) when they traded him

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

That's the TB12 method and I think it's a brand of "nutrition". 

Image result for TB12 method

Even the way he holds up a magazine is cringeworthy.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

You are right (whew), I misread the wiki  - Baseball reference has it spelled out - fixed my post

NYM (12 yrs)CIN (6 yrs)CHW (3 yrs)BOS (1 yr)

still worst day for me as a sports fan (and Mets history) when they traded him

Yes it was, and it's not even close. I was 19 at the time, and to this day not ashamed to admit that I cried like a baby when I heard the news. Just like I did a few months ago when we heard his medical news. Tom and Willie Mays will always be "my guys."

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

What? That is not true.

And, when Seaver came back, and the Mets let him go in at the end of spring in 1985, I was one of the most disappointed to see that move happen. But, the reason to release Seaver  was to get Dwight Gooden in the rotation.

As much as I wanted to see Seaver get 300 in a Mets uniform, that the Mets cultivated their young pitching was the right move.

Actual story was that after they got Seaver back in '83, he was taken in the rule V draft by the ChiSox before the '84 season. At the time the plan was to have Gooden start at Tidewater (he had only pitched at single A for the most part the year before) but between Davy J's instance and Gooden's strong spring training the decision was made to bring Gooden up long after the rule V draft.

The Mets figured that no one would  pick him up in the rule V due to his large salary and age. Also he did not burn up the league in '83. There were a lot of prospects and not just pitchers so they needed 40 man roster protection The Mets were wrong about everyone passing on him and regretted it at the time. Also remember that Mike Torrez was in the rotation at that time and no way anyone drops Seaver in favor of him, so this event had little to do with Doc, Darling or Terrell.

What few folks remember is that they tried to bring Seaver back one more time in '87 for hos 21st season. In an intrasquad game, Barry Lyons raked him and Seaver figured that of Lyons could hit him, it was time to hang it up 

Best story about Mr. Terrific is how the Mets got him before the '66 season. He could have just as easily been an Indian, Brave or Phillie. How things would have been different at Shea! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tuberculosis is nothing to sneeze at.

Well played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Greatest MET ever and 80 percent of Mets fans under 40 have no idea who he is.

NO pitcher in the history of baseball had better mechanics, nor will one.

He could put any pitch he wanted right on the black of the plate.  Blow the best hitters in the game away in a pre steroid era.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the douchie things Tom has done over the years... This registers about a 1 out of 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

The ONLY thing more friggin ridiculous is his attempt to get the "TB" on his hat to become a big hot like Tiger and Jordan.

NO ONE wears a TB hat although he has worn one at every press conference etc...  he is a pussy!!!!

You're on to something.  It's psychological with him.  There is a void from playing in that 3rd Rate Sh*thole town, and he craves recognition.

He might have a lot of hardware on his fingers but truth be told he got it all in a very parity driven league devoid most of the time, DURING his era, of QUARTERBACKS.  Brady is a great one, I won't deny that, but I would really have loved to have been able to see him go up against Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Kenny Stabler, even a guy like Dan Pastorini would be a Top 7 QB in this day and age.  I would have loved to see Brady play against "Doomsday", the "Steel Curtain", the "Purple People Eaters", heck I'd like to see how he would do against the NY Jets' own "Sack Exchange"...I'd love to see how many Rings he'd accumulate in a prior era...maybe NONE.

No one can argue that Brady is strictly a "pocket passer".  How would he have fared with his receivers getting mugged and smashed by the likes of Mel Blount when running every route? (that's why I always say Joe Namath's 4,007 yards passing, first in NFL history to eclipse 4,000 is tantamount to maybe throwing for 7,000 yards today).  How would he have acted in the pocket with all his receivers smacked down on the field? I'll tell you how, he would have gotten his clock cleaned in the same pocket he doesn't have the athletic skills to run from.  The Rules, the way Madison Avenue wants him as the face of the league, the guy has been playing Pitch & Catch for 20 years, uniform never dirty, never takes a beating.

Guy is a dou*hebag of massive proportions, because I guarantee you he knows who the REAL Tom Terrific is, and it will NEVER be him, and he is trying to create some kind of following for himself.  Newsflash...it'll never happen, guy is just not likable.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NO pitcher in the history of baseball had better mechanics, nor will one.
He could put any pitch he wanted right on the black of the plate.  Blow the best hitters in the game away in a pre steroid era.

yes he had the perfect delivery and if the current crop of big leaguers aspired to it maybe they could get past 100 pitches without triggering a TJ surgery.
this is a travesty. i grew a grudging respect for brady but now well **** him. how bout he and his wife donate $20 mil to alzheimer’s fund.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You're on to something.  It's psychological with him.  There is a void from playing in that 3rd Rate Sh*thole town, and he craves recognition.

He might have a lot of hardware on his fingers but truth be told he got it all in a very parity driven league devoid most of the time, DURING his era, of QUARTERBACKS.  Brady is a great one, I won't deny that, but I would really have loved to have been able to see him go up against Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Kenny Stabler, even a guy like Dan Pastorini would be a Top 7 QB in this day and age.  I would have loved to see Brady play against "Doomsday", the "Steel Curtain", the "Purple People Eaters", heck I'd like to see how he would do against the NY Jets' own "Sack Exchange"...I'd love to see how many Rings he'd accumulate in a prior era...maybe NONE.

No one can argue that Brady is strictly a "pocket passer".  How would he have fared with his receivers getting mugged and smashed by the likes of Mel Blount when running every route? (that's why I always say Joe Namath's 4,007 yards passing, first in NFL history to eclipse 4,000 is tantamount to maybe throwing for 7,000 yards today).  How would he have acted in the pocket with all his receivers smacked down on the field? I'll tell you how, he would have gotten his clock cleaned in the same pocket he doesn't have the athletic skills to run from.  The Rules, the way Madison Avenue wants him as the face of the league, the guy has been playing Pitch & Catch for 20 years, uniform never dirty, never takes a beating.

Guy is a dou*hebag of massive proportions, because I guarantee you he knows who the REAL Tom Terrific is, and it will NEVER be him, and he is trying to create some kind of following for himself.  Newsflash...it'll never happen, guy is just not likable.

 

He won his 1st Super Bowl because Belichick or that idiot savant he confides in figured out that refs won't call the big game as close as they do in the regular season so they mugged the Rams WRs, intimidated them by hitting them after the play (something that is called every week now), and they had the best clutch FG kicker in the game who made 50 yarders at games end like point after attempts. No coach in history has taken advantage of the rules like Belichick.

Then look at the QBs he's faced in the AFC East since 2001! It's been a free waltz to home playoffs throughout 90% of the time. They're home record is ridiculous. 

Now you add the newest penalty (defenseless WR) which is pulverizing WRs on short routes & you have another rule that perfectly benefits the Pats short passing, pick game. They are the most hated franchise in all of sports.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

The ONLY thing more friggin ridiculous is his attempt to get the "TB" on his hat to become a big hot like Tiger and Jordan.

NO ONE wears a TB hat although he has worn one at every press conference etc...  he is a pussy!!!!

TB12 gear is all over the place up here in Boston. 

Boston radio is killing him over this Tom Terrific stuff. At least they seem to know where the line is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He won his 1st Super Bowl because Belichick or that idiot savant he confides in figured out that refs won't call the big game as close as they do in the regular season so they mugged the Rams WRs, intimidated them by hitting them after the play (something that is called every week now), and they had the best clutch FG kicker in the game who made 50 yarders at games end like point after attempts. No coach in history has taken advantage of the rules like Belichick.

Then look at the QBs he's faced in the AFC East since 2001! It's been a free waltz to home playoffs throughout 90% of the time. They're home record is ridiculous. 

Now you add the newest penalty (defenseless WR) which is pulverizing WRs on short routes & you have another rule that perfectly benefits the Pats short passing, pick game. They are the most hated franchise in all of sports.

Yeah, all good points.

Such a joke how incredibly weak the AFC East has been throughout Brady’s ENTIRE career,  NOBODY even has had just a half way decent QB to go up against his team, that’s insane when you think about it (but true, how Brady has managed to thrive in an era with almost all garbage QBs league wide), always love the fact that Mark freakin Sanchez took him down in his house haha.  It’s as though his team shouldn’t even bother playing a regular season, they’re 1 HOME playoff win away from a HOME AFC Championship Game EVERY Year.

i know it’s impossible to know, but I’m quite sure that Brady’s career would look a whole lot different if he played in just about ANY era that was not his era. 

Just so so many things conspiring to put Brady over the top during his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

TB12 gear is all over the place up here in Boston. 

Boston radio is killing him over this Tom Terrific stuff. At least they seem to know where the line is.

OK Kool. But the TB12 stuff I believe he and his "team" thought would be national like TW on Tiger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

OK Kool. But the TB12 stuff I believe he and his "team" thought would be national like TW on Tiger.

Perhaps. Regardless of their plans, it’s the dildo-iest thing ever.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

NO pitcher in the history of baseball had better mechanics, nor will one.

He could put any pitch he wanted right on the black of the plate.  Blow the best hitters in the game away in a pre steroid era.

 

5 hours ago, jago said:


yes he had the perfect delivery and if the current crop of big leaguers aspired to it maybe they could get past 100 pitches without triggering a TJ surgery.

I used to try to mimic and practice his delivery in front of a mirror when I was like 11 years old, my first baseball glove was a Tom Seaver Spaulding and I was at the game when he struck out 19 Padres, the last 10 in a row. 

But more to the point, who calls Tom Brady “Tom Terrific”?

When I read this I though he had cut a deal with Seaver to sell Tom Terrific Seaver cards.

I’ve honestly never heard anyone refer to Brady as Tom Terrific. 

Why not Tom the Tornado? Tom the Top? Tom Tremendous? 

Never heard those either. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

 

I used to try to mimic and practice his delivery in front of a mirror when I was like 11 years old, my first baseball glove was a Tom Seaver Spaulding and I was at the game when he struck out 19 Padres, the last 10 in a row. 

But more to the point, who calls Tom Brady “Tom Terrific”?

When I read this I though he had cut a deal with Seaver to sell Tom Terrific Seaver cards.

I’ve honestly never heard anyone refer to Brady as Tom Terrific. 

Why not Tom the Tornado? Tom the Top? Tom Tremendous? 

Never heard those either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...