Mandatory Minicamp Thread

Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?

• Le’Veon Bell
    • Sam Darnold
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Jachi Polite
    • Darryl Roberts
    • Other

2 hours ago, the Claw said:

Jesus, I didn’t realize we have a week 4 bye. That’s some bull$hit right there

I subscribe to Bill Parcells' school of thought on early Bye weeks not necessarily being so bad.  With teams starting minicamp now and then rolling into full blown training camp in a couple weeks, they will have been practicing, competing and playing football for approximately 10-12 weeks before the Bye rolls around.  And, based on how things have gone in those first few games it might be nice to have a little break and "course correct" if something isn't going well.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I don't know what Miami's problem with this guy was but he seems like he really and I mean really knows what he's doing. I love this guy. I know things can change but I don't have not 1 issue with Gase yet. He seems very very smart. He answers questions very well. He really wants to go about his business of coaching and have the team well prepared. Maybe its because Im so used to Bowles being a complete Zero and this guy isn't but Im kinda in awe over some of his answers.

Gotta admit, I am warming to Gase.  I hated the hire at the time -- he was probably the last guy I wanted to see them bring in after Bowles was fired.  But if I just judge him based on what i have seen in the last few months; and not allow myself to be influenced by his time in Miamii, I like what I am seeing and hearing.  Not that it really matters much until we see the product on the field in Septmber, but I am becoming more optimistic about him than I thought possible a few months ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Going 3-3 would be a W in my book.

The optimist in me says:

1. Win vs. Buffalol, we're better, period. No excuses!

2. Win vs. Cleveland.  Darnold will not lose to Mayfield again to go 0-2 vs. him.

3. Loss at NE, toughest game in this stretch.

4. Loss at PHI, albeit a close loss.  

5. Win over Dallas.  They don't scare me at all.

6. Win at home over NE, Gase, Williams, Bell and Darnold start paying legit dividends.

4-2 after the tough part, looking to make some noise down the stretch. :-k

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I don't know what Miami's problem with this guy was but he seems like he really and I mean really knows what he's doing. I love this guy. I know things can change but I don't have not 1 issue with Gase yet. He seems very very smart. He answers questions very well. He really wants to go about his business of coaching and have the team well prepared. Maybe its because Im so used to Bowles being a complete Zero and this guy isn't but Im kinda in awe over some of his answers.

Great piece.  Notice how he kind of dropped off whent he boobs asked about the GM issue.  He was visibly uncomfortble and he had told them he could not speak to it yet at the beginning of the presser.  I also liked how he said he had warned Bell about the press (with a smile)

Just now, IndianaJet said:

God I hope we don't get a play by play recap of every time Bell "carries" the ball...that's gonna get annoying fast.

Me too I just need to know if Darnold can still hit the ocean when standing on the beach, and if Bell can swim should he need to adjust to make the catches in the ocean.