Mandatory Minicamp Thread

Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?

• Le’Veon Bell
    • Sam Darnold
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Jachi Polite
    • Darryl Roberts
    • Other

1 minute ago, Legend Killa7 said:

1.  Insane move by Bell

2.  Bell wide open

3.  TD pass by Darnold

4.  TD reception by Crowder

Four things I hope to see a lot come September!

Right?  Could you imagine?  Multiple guy open on the same play?  In Jets land?  Nah

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right?  Could you imagine?  Multiple guy open on the same play?  In Jets land?  Nah

nah.  someone else on these forums will point out that while Bell was wide open, Crowder was covered by two men, yet Sam threw to him and "got lucky".  Sam sucks.  we should trade him now.

Love the optimism around here!

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Im right there with ya.  Totally confused by the hire, very worried about his personality based on what I read and heard but I have to admit, he's handled himself very well.  He's crazy but I'm optimistic it's the kind of crazy we need around here.  He might just be the guy that is nutty enough to work through the bull sh*t that surrounds this franchise.

I agree.  All we can judge him on right now is these press conferences, and he has been an A+ IMO.  Now does that mean he can coach a lick?  we will see, but for now, I am very happy.  Good, insightful answers.  Seems like he has a plan, but he is not married to that plan, and wants to mold it to the strength of his players.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Im right there with ya.  Totally confused by the hire, very worried about his personality based on what I read and heard but I have to admit, he's handled himself very well.  He's crazy but I'm optimistic it's the kind of crazy we need around here.  He might just be the guy that is nutty enough to work through the bull sh*t that surrounds this franchise.

Now, just close the deal with Douglas and it will be a home run.  Not that we have any way of knowing how good a GM Douglas will be, but by most reports, that was the plan when Macc was fired.  And when was the last time the Jets actually executed on plan with their first choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  All we can judge him on right now is these press conferences, and he has been an A+ IMO.  Now does that mean he can coach a lick?  we will see, but for now, I am very happy.  Good, insightful answers.  Seems like he has a plan, but he is not married to that plan, and wants to mold it to the strength of his players.

When's the last time we had a coach who could do that? That would be never. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Gotta wonder if the Crowder TD was because Sam hasn't played with Le'Veon and didn't know that he would bust a move & get open.  Knowing Sam, he'll learn quickly. 

He'll probably watch the film and say holy sh*

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is what I noticed, especially in the four game stretch at the end, about Darnold. He isn't always looking for the home run but if more than one guy is open, he's going to the guy furthest down the field. No more, "oh my check down is open, I will throw it to him" that we're used to.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Darnold, hands down.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I voted Polite because my assumption is, you're going to hear nothing but positive about Darnold, Bell, Williams.  Roberts is a close second because of how desperate the Jets are at CB. But with Polite, you really want to know that he was worth the 3rd rd pick and he's overcome the "red flags".  Pass rusher is a desperate need too and probably a little tougher to address than CB, so my vote is Polite. 

I voted Darnold because he is the most important piece on the team. Sounds like he's off a bit. Hopefully we get some good reports... NO MORE INT's....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

I voted Darnold because he is the most important piece on the team. Sounds like he's off a bit. Hopefully we get some good reports... NO MORE INT's....

My fear is the fanbase/organization has already anointed #14 as the chosen one after a decent rookie season and any growing pains will be ignored blamed on #weapons. Darnold is far from a sure thing right now and should be treated as such.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Gotta wonder if the Crowder TD was because Sam hasn't played with Le'Veon and didn't know that he would bust a move & get open.  Knowing Sam, he'll learn quickly. 

Or.....you know.....he could have decided to throw the ball to the player who was going to score a TD.

I'm making an educated guess that Darnold decided to score a TD before throwing to an open Bell, or any other open player.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My fear is the fanbase/organization has already anointed #14 as the chosen one after a decent rookie season and any growing pains will be ignored blamed on #weapons. Darnold is far from a sure thing right now and should be treated as such.

Right there with ya, I'm superstitious about making pre mature claims.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The optimist in me says:

1. Win vs. Buffalol, we're better, period. No excuses!

2. Win vs. Cleveland.  Darnold will not lose to Mayfield again to go 0-2 vs. him.

3. Loss at NE, toughest game in this stretch.

4. Loss at PHI, albeit a close loss.  

5. Win over Dallas.  They don't scare me at all.

6. Win at home over NE, Gase, Williams, Bell and Darnold start paying legit dividends.

4-2 after the tough part, looking to make some noise down the stretch. :-k

As you know, Darnold can only try to put up as many points as possible... this is greatly affected by the OL, RB's and WR's.

The defense's duty is to limit the number of points Mayfield and his offensive players put on the board!

Hopefully, the team gets Darnold a "W" to even things up with Baker.