Mandatory Minicamp Thread

Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you most excited to hear do well throughout camp?

• Le’Veon Bell
    • Sam Darnold
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Jachi Polite
    • Darryl Roberts
    • Other

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I wouldn't read anything into it.  It just means that he hasn't been offered the job yet.  So why wouldn't he have to go to work?

Since we play the Eagles this year he's probably spying on them for intel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, slats said:

Would be very nice if these guys prove to be worthy of playing NFL regular season football. I know it's heretical around here, but I'm more concerned about the Jets' CB position than the OL. 

Yup.  Our entire CB depth chart is full of question marks.  Will Trumaine Johsnon rebound and prove to be a solid #1.  Will Daryl Roberts be able to handle the load as #2 CB for entire season?  Is Brian Poole an upgrade over Skrine or another mediocre, penalty prone slot corner.  Can Parry Nickerson or Derrick Jones be solid NFL players,  Will Blessaun Ausstin be able to contirmbute at all this season.  And if we lose one of the first 3 due to injury, the questions become more critical.

5 hours ago, Lith said:

There are people who have argued (not sure if it is on thiis site or some dumb ass Facebook group I am part of) that since Roberts was okay in limited action last year and Derrick Jones flashed in pre-season, addition of Brian Poole, development of Parry Nickerson that we are fine at CB. 

I am glad to hear the Coach acknowledge that they are looking for opportunities to upgrade.  For what its worth, when asked about Jonatthon Harrison at C, he did not make similar comments.

Every indication from the organization is that they are far more comfortable with Harrison than the Fans are (generally speaking).

Going to be interesting seeing Harrison play the first few weeks, see if he can build on his not-altogether-horrid play towards last year's end.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Now you know why he doesn't report unless it's mandatory. 

Gase: "Le'Veon, why aren't you gonna attend voluntary workouts?"

Bell: "I can't trust these bitches alone in my house!"

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Gase: "Le'Veon, why aren't you gonna attend voluntary workouts?"

Bell: "I can't trust these bitches alone in my house!"

Pretty much. And since this transpired who can blame Bell for staying at home as much as possible.

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

"I'm focused on the Jets."    Me to buddy. Glad to hear it. 

I'm looking forward to seeing KO floor Myles garret week two!   For some reason that one has me a little excited to see. 

12 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Impressed with Harrison's interview

Something about OL players. Those guys always come off professional. 

I don’t remember what Harrison looked like last year but now I see why KO says he’s a beast. Dude looks jacked.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

Something about OL. Those guys always come off professional. 

I don’t remember what Harrison looked like last year but now I see why KO says he’s a beast. Dude looks jacked.

Very true. Looks like he has been putting in the work in the weight room. Hope it translates on the field. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

"Why this is actually good" Jet Nut

Actually having GFs and buying them gifts for a rich guy is pretty normal. 

Now, find where I said it was good or bad.  Work hard and get back to us

• WTF? 1

59 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Something about OL players. Those guys always come off professional. 

They also score higher on the wonderlic as a whole than any other position, QB's included.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

They also score higher on the wonderlic as a whole than any other position, QB's included.

That makes sense. Never want to judge a person by the way they speak, but... OL come off pretty intelligent and not just in a football sense. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually having GFs and buying them gifts for a rich guy is pretty normal. 

Now, find where I said it was good or bad.  Work hard and get back to us

lol

buying your girlfriend(s) gifts =/= having your girlfriends rip you off by stealing everything shiny and expensive not nailed down and then fleeing your house

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GreenFish said:

That makes sense. Never want to judge a person by the way they speak, but... OL come off pretty intelligent and not just in a football sense. 

Damien Woody is also quite intelligent, much more than your average football player

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol

buying your girlfriend(s) gifts =/= having your girlfriends rip you off by stealing everything shiny and expensive not nailed down and then fleeing your house

The joke was being jealous that he had two chicks or that he could spend 500K on jewelry.  Not really funny but a simple comment that left some confused.   Now you think it requires an explanation of facts?