Bruce Harper

Brady Spooks Cheatriots Nation with Cryptic post

On 6/6/2019 at 6:57 AM, NoBowles said:

If he could find and develop Brady and garaapolo, what makes you think he won’t find a third?

Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, Matt Cassell and Kevin O’Connell all say hi

On 6/6/2019 at 6:57 AM, NoBowles said:

If he could find and develop Brady and garaapolo, what makes you think he won’t find a third?

If he had any idea what Brady was then he would have drafted him in rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 when he had that chance.

By every account Tom Brady came in and was killing it in the film room and on on the field and that everyone on the team knew he was better than every QB on the roster including Drew Bledsoe from the first day he got into camp.  It took Mo Lewis knocking out Bledsoe to give Bill Belichick "courage" enough to go with that evaluation if he had ever even made such an evaluation in the first place.

So peddle that rubbish of yours some other place.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

If he had any idea what Brady was then he would have drafted him in rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 when he had that chance.

By every account Tom Brady came in and was killing it in the film room and on on the field and that everyone on the team knew he was better than every QB on the roster including Drew Bledsoe from the first day he got into camp.  It took Mo Lewis knocking out Bledsoe to give Bill Belichick "courage" enough to go with that evaluation if he had ever even made such an evaluation in the first place.

So peddle that rubbish of yours some other place.

Gotta be honest, Im not exactly sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China? 

The bottom line is, BB drafted, identified, and developed TB into what he is. What round he went in is really irrelevant. BB also found and started the development of Garrapolo who was a much higher round pick. My entire premise is that if BB stays, the Patriots will still be the same team after Brady retires. It may take a few years to find and develop the next QB, but he will do it.

Not sure how that's peddling rubbish, but okie dokey

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Gotta be honest, Im not exactly sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China? 

The bottom line is, BB drafted, identified, and developed TB into what he is. What round he went in is really irrelevant. BB also found and started the development of Garrapolo who was a much higher round pick. My entire premise is that if BB stays, the Patriots will still be the same team after Brady retires. It may take a few years to find and develop the next QB, but he will do it.

Not sure how that's peddling rubbish, but okie dokey

Agree to differ in that case.  I think Bill Belichick lucked into a once-in-a-lifetime QB who was going to be great no matter where he landed.  The whole "lucked into" part is because he was taken by the Pats in round 6 after they had already passed on him five times.  If they really thought he was going to be anything other than camp fodder he would have been picked far higher.

There is zero evidence at this point that he has developed anyone else.  Look at all the notable flops who backed up Brady and were horrible elsewhere.  Garopolo is the single exception to that rule and , while he has been promising, the book is still out on him as well.

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Agree to differ in that case.  I think Bill Belichick lucked into a once-in-a-lifetime QB who was going to be great no matter where he landed.  The whole "lucked into" part is because he was taken by the Pats in round 6 after they had already passed on him five times.  If they really thought he was going to be anything other than camp fodder he would have been picked far higher.

There is zero evidence at this point that he has developed anyone else.  Look at all the notable flops who backed up Brady and were horrible elsewhere.  Garopolo is the single exception to that rule and , while he has been promising, the book is still out on him as well.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, went 3-1 with Garopolo and Brissett. This notion that BB is nothing without Brady is complete nonsense. 

7 hours ago, NoBowles said:

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, went 3-1 with Garopolo and Brissett. This notion that BB is nothing without Brady is complete nonsense. 

I took issue with the idea that he developed them which is what you were/are claiming. I did not say he was nothing without Brady.  I think both of Brady and belichick are probably the greatest of all time in their role but I think Brady would have been equally as good on other teams albeit without as many rings.

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

I took issue with the idea that he developed them which is what you were/are claiming. I did not say he was nothing without Brady.  I think both of Brady and belichick are probably the greatest of all time in their role but I think Brady would have been equally as good on other teams albeit without as many rings.

He did develop Brady, it really can’t be denied. Maybe Brady could have been great with another team, we will never know that, but Brady was a slow, average armed qb and BB invented and then reinvented the offense many times to suit Brady’s ability. Not a lot of coaches are able or willing to do that. 

• Post of the Week 1

People do realize how a good a season.this guy had last year ...right ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I dont get it w you. You recognize him as the GOAT or close to it but go out of your way to claim he is nothing w out brady..

He is universally thought as such and nobody not his fellow coaches or players claim it's only cause of Brady but YOU. Wow man, wow..

I don't recognize BB as the goat, you can't believe considered the best when you have only been able to win with the greatest QB of all time.  I do think he developed into a great HC but Brady bought him time to do that.  

He's universally thought as such because of all the SBs which Brady has been mostly responsible for.  I choose not to ignore 7+ seasons of under .500 football with 5 of them losing seasons.  Don Shula once made a SB with David Woodley yet BB has only been able to win with the greatest of all time (and there isn't a close second).

BB has been part great, part fortunate.  He built his reputation as a defensive genius when he had the greatest defensive player of all time and the results post LT aren't that impressive (though he deserves credit for what they did this past SB).

33 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

He did develop Brady, it really can’t be denied. Maybe Brady could have been great with another team, we will never know that, but Brady was a slow, average armed qb and BB invented and then reinvented the offense many times to suit Brady’s ability. Not a lot of coaches are able or willing to do that. 

In basically a year he developed Brady?  Turning him from potential backup to the greatest of all time.  Ok😂😂

13 hours ago, NoBowles said:

He was 10-5 with Cassell a year after going 16-0 vs a much harder schedule and he missed the playoffs with Cassell. Cassell won a division title with KC.

He was 2-0 with Jimmy, Jimmy went 5-0 the next year in SF.

With brissett he was 1-1 and were shut out in the loss.

He's coached 7+ seasons without him, he has 1 WC playoff app and 1 WC playoff win (home) without him.  He also had 5 losing seasons and is well under .500 without him.

The facts don't lie

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

In basically a year he developed Brady?  Turning him from potential backup to the greatest of all time.  Ok😂😂

What the hell are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He was 10-5 with Cassell a year after going 16-0 vs a much harder schedule and he missed the playoffs with Cassell. Cassell won a division title with KC.

He's coached 7+ seasons without him, he has 1 WC playoff app and 1 WC playoff win (home) without him.  He also had 5 losing seasons and is well under .500 without him.

The facts don't lie

You’re passion for the incorrect is exhausting 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The facts don't lie

Fun fact: last time the greatest coach ever Bill Belichick won a playoff game without Tom Brady doing everything for him was 1994

In other news Eric Mangini developed Darrelle Revis

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2019 at 12:06 PM, JiF said:

**** Tom Brady

Cannot wait until he retires and nobody gives a sh*t about him just like Derek Jeter. History will show that he was an historic cheat, and the future will reveal that he’s also a boring, terrible person. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cannot wait until he retires and nobody gives a sh*t about him just like Derek Jeter. History will show that he was an historic cheat, and the future will reveal that he’s also a boring, terrible person. 

Yes it’s a rough life for Jeter now

Just now, Philc1 said:

Yes it’s a rough life for Jeter now

Marlins fans want to launch him into the sun. MARLINS FANS.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sorry didn’t you mean Marlins Fan? 

They have more than 1 fan 🤪

• Upvote 1

Amazing how these wealthy walk on water athletes need to put "attention bait" into the universe to validate their narcissism.....

On 6/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, T0mShane said:

Yes all 10 of them

On 6/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, NoBowles said:

What is BB’s record since Brady started, without Brady? 

Sometimes coaches develop, and learn, sometimes they regress big time, like Rex 

Rex didn't regress, the talent he had to work with got worse yet he still keep his teams competitive outside of 2014 when he was completely sabotaged by idzik.

Since Brady has been on the roster he's 18-19 without Brady starting.  Much better, he's definitely a much better coach now than before Brady but if he doesn't have Brady he never gets that chance to develop.

I'm not arguing he isn't a great HC now, I'm arguing he can't be the greatest when he has only won with the greatest QB of all time.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:44 AM, NoBowles said:

You’re passion for the incorrect is exhausting 

Show me where I am incorrect?

On 6/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Philc1 said:

Fun fact: last time the greatest coach ever Bill Belichick won a playoff game without Tom Brady doing everything for him was 1994

That was his only non Brady playoff win, back when WC teams could host in the WC round.  In the div Rd he got smoked at Pitt who would lose on the same field a week later to the worst SB team of all time.

Also of note:. His QB that day was Vinny Testaverde, Vinny would lead a Parcells coached team to an AFC championship game.

He had Bernie Kosar in cle.  Bernie led Cleveland to 3 title games in the 5 years before BB and was just 28 in his first season work BB.  Kosar never saw another playoff game with him and went 11-18.

Drew Bledsoe made a SB with Parcells, he went 5-13 with BB.

Cassell missed the playoffs his only season with BB, he led KC to a division title.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Show me where I am incorrect?

It would be a far less time consuming exercise to show you where you were right

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

It would be a far less time consuming exercise to show you where you were right

That's what I thought, you have nothing.  

On 6/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bruce Harper said:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/05/patriots-fans-in-panic-mode-after-cryptic-tom-brady-post/

Not sure why the picture didn't show up but beyond my pay grade, I guess.

Would be okay with me:

Patriots fans in panic mode after cryptic Tom Brady post

June 5, 2019 | 9:28am | Updated

Tom Brady sent Pats Nation into panic mode on Tuesday after posting a photo with a curious caption, leading some to believe the 2019 season could be the quarterback’s last.

“Treat my first like my last, and my last like my first!” Brady, 41, wrote alongside a few shots from his first practice of the season.

While the Super Bowl champ has made it clear in recent years that he intends to keep playing, that didn’t stop New England faithful from spilling their tears onto social media.

“Your scaring me with this comment Tom, I don’t like this subtle hint,” one user penned.

“But it’s not your last…RIGHT?!” another follower pleaded.

“So are you saying this is your last?” a fan questioned.

Despite the overwhelming trepidation in some fanatics, others called Brady’s bluff, including ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington, who wrote: “This is not your last, Tom Brady. You stop it right now.”

The line is actually from Jay-Z’s “My 1st song,” so Patriots fan can likely exhale. Teammates were impressed with what they saw in his first full workout with the team since leading them to a Super Bowl 53 win over the Rams.

“If that’s old, I want to be old,” newly signed tight end Benjamin Watson told the Boston Herald of Brady.

“Man, he’s still at the top of his game. It’s a credit to him, his hard work. We all knew that 10 years ago when I was here. He hasn’t changed. He still has the same energy. Guys still look up to him and follow his lead.”

Brady, who is entering his 20th season, has already been gearing up for the forthcoming year, training on the beach with his young son.

image.gif

image.gif

he was referring to cabana boys.

On 6/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, NoBowles said:

BB did a great job developing Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassell and Kevin O’Connell

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That was his only non Brady playoff win, back when WC teams could host in the WC round.  In the div Rd he got smoked at Pitt who would lose on the same field a week later to the worst SB team of all time.

Also of note:. His QB that day was Vinny Testaverde, Vinny would lead a Parcells coached team to an AFC championship game.

He had Bernie Kosar in cle.  Bernie led Cleveland to 3 title games in the 5 years before BB and was just 28 in his first season work BB.  Kosar never saw another playoff game with him and went 11-18.

Drew Bledsoe made a SB with Parcells, he went 5-13 with BB.

Cassell missed the playoffs his only season with BB, he led KC to a division title.

Didn’t the Patriots go 5-11 with BB the year before Brady?

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Didn’t the Patriots go 5-11 with BB the year before Brady?

Yes, they were 5-11 in 2000 when Brady was a rookie so didn't play.  BB thought so highly of Brady that bledsoe signed a $100 extension after that 2000 season.  To start 2001 they went 0-2 before bledsoe got hurt and Brady became the starter.  Coincidentally the Pats then went 11-3 the rest of the regular season en route to the super bowl.