LT Trent Willams asking for Trade

Trent Williams

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career
2010 22 WAS LT 71 14 13                       1 1 0 0 0   6
2011 23 WAS LT 71 10 10                       2 2 0 0 0   5
2012* 24 WAS LT 71 16 16                                   13
2013* 25 WAS LT 71 16 16                       5 4 1 0 0   9
2014* 26 WAS LT 71 15 15                       1 1 0 0 0   9
2015* 27 WAS T 71 14 14                                   13
2016* 28 WAS LT 71 12 12                                   10
2017* 29 WAS T 71 10 10           0 0 1 0 0               6
2018* 30 WAS lg/T 71 13 13           0 0 1 2 0               7

6 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Trent Williams

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career
2010 22 WAS LT 71 14 13                       1 1 0 0 0   6
2011 23 WAS LT 71 10 10                       2 2 0 0 0   5
2012* 24 WAS LT 71 16 16                                   13
2013* 25 WAS LT 71 16 16                       5 4 1 0 0   9
2014* 26 WAS LT 71 15 15                       1 1 0 0 0   9
2015* 27 WAS T 71 14 14                                   13
2016* 28 WAS LT 71 12 12                                   10
2017* 29 WAS T 71 10 10           0 0 1 0 0               6
2018* 30 WAS lg/T 71 13 13           0 0 1 2 0               7

I'm not familiar with him as a player, but even as good as some people are saying he is, this shows a general trend of missing more games every season (with the exception of last season).

I would not give up a 1, or even a 2, for him. While keeping Sam protected is my #1 concern here on out, Williams won't be able to protect him from the bench.

But, I'd see if a 3 or less will get it done.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

2nd round pick with a creative bonus. If Williams is still starting in 2022, we send an additional 5th to Washington. 

Or, a conditional 3rd that can become a 2 if he plays in X amount of games for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not familiar with him as a player, but even as good as some people are saying he is, this shows a general trend of missing more games every season (with the exception of last season).

I would not give up a 1, or even a 2, for him. While keeping Sam protected is my #1 concern here on out, Williams won't be able to protect him from the bench.

But, I'd see if a 3 or less will get it done.

jetstream23, put an interesting proposal together.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Or, a conditional 3rd that can become a 2 if he plays in X amount of games for us.

But that’s just based on how many games he plays in a year. I’d rather compensate WAS additionally only if he’s starting long term (meaning several years). 

There are some real dummies here. how many people have said they’d give a 1st for a 31 year old football player. Has there ever been a player over 30 that has yielded a 1st in return?

Trent Williams is a great top 5 OT, but for how much longer, especially considering he hasn’t  stayed healthy for a full season for years. 

Maybe 2 years ago the redskins could get a 1st. Now probably a 3rd or 4th. Possibly a 2nd (with incentives). 

LMFAO. A 1st round pick 

• Upvote 3

Washington has no trade leverage in this situation unless there are several teams lining up to acquire Williams' services. 

How many teams need a starting LT at this stage in the offseason?  The Browns are the only other team I can think of, as they still have plenty of cap space to burn and would look to upgrade on Greg Robinson (Former # 2 overall pick, # 63 OT in NFL last season per PFF).

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But that’s just based on how many games he plays in a year. I’d rather compensate WAS additionally only if he’s starting long term (meaning several years). 

Yeah, if he plays in x amount of games for x amount of years. Not just this year. Although, I don't think Washington will make a trade based on how many games an older, injury prone players plays for us more than 2 years down the road. That's a risky bet for them to make, imo.

2 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

There are some real dummies here. how many people have said they’d give a 1st for a 31 year old football player. Has there ever been a player over 30 that has yielded a 1st in return?

Trent Williams is a great top 5 OT, but for how much longer, especially considering he hasn’t  stayed healthy for a full season for years. 

Maybe 2 years ago the redskins could get a 1st. Now probably a 3rd or 4th. Possibly a 2nd (with incentives).  

LMFAO. A 1st round pick 

My thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

LMFAO. A 1st round pick 

+1.  I wouldn't give more than a 3rd.  Good player, but not worth a 1 due to age, and the fact that he hasn't played a full season since 2013. 

I'd definitely offer a 3 that can turn into a 2 with playing time. Williams next to KO? Lev Bell would be smiling. He's better than Whitworth & Bell is better than Gurley, especially 2018 Gurley. 

Could help Darnold soar to great heights!

Weigh the pros and cons:

Pro

He can play

Con:

Missed multiple games in each season since 2014.

Expensive. He is due $11M this year and is seeking to redo his deal.  He is locked up through 2020, but is holding out.  

The Jets have money, so they can make an offer, but the rest drives the price down. Even a 2nd seems crazy high to me.  You are just trading for the right to negotiate a new deal with the guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

So the Browns won't tolerate a player being late or missing responsibilities.  Just after signing a guy who leaves the field before halftime when he's frustrated, and takes time away from the field to get an IV because drinking water is too difficult for him.  Oh and yeah, domestic violence is okay I guess if you're on time for things.  

Cool.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

and takes time away from the field to get an IV because drinking water is too difficult for him.  

To be fair-and I think OBJ is a class A jerkoff—he didn’t say it was too difficult, he said he doesn’t like water. 

I’m with him on that, I hate plain water. So boring. 

Tro a coupla slices of cucumber and lemon or some watermelon or pineapple in there and I’m good to go.