Reprisalizer

LT Trent Willams asking for Trade

Desmond Harrison is pretty much the OBJ of undrafted free agent tackles.

Let the comparisons continue. 

I would not be trading Beachum. He has one year left, could play the right side for us and is insurance if Trent misses games  

I would offer a 4th and be willing to go up to a 3rd based on games started this year. This would be all of course assuming I already had an extension worked out with Trent. 

Trent for 4 years would be an amazing upgrade to our online, our running game and the development of Sam. I think if he is moved, the Jets would be foolish not to make a major play for him considering the current state of the LT position, the oline overall and Sam. I would still be investing a decent pick in tackle in the draft next year but we would free up our 1st rounder.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

This is one of those times it would be nice to have a GM

Sign this beast, Gase-y!

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Straight up trade for Trumaine Johnson? !

We don't have the CB depth to trade Johnson, and his contract basically makes him too difficult to trade, anyway.

• Upvote 1

Send the first now, we won’t replicate that talent if we win 8+ games and that left side of the line would be unbelievable 

If only we had a GM in place to make these decisions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

I would not be trading Beachum. He has one year left, could play the right side for us and is insurance if Trent misses games  

I would offer a 4th and be willing to go up to a 3rd based on games started this year. This would be all of course assuming I already had an extension worked out with Trent. 

Trent for 4 years would be an amazing upgrade to our online, our running game and the development of Sam. I think if he is moved, the Jets would be foolish not to make a major play for him considering the current state of the LT position, the oline overall and Sam. I would still be investing a decent pick in tackle in the draft next year but we would free up our 1st rounder.

Great post. Only difference is I would offer a third that could potentially be a 2nd if he signs a new contract with us.

• Like 1

if Gase can nab Trent, he will have undone a lot of bad will Mac earned in the last draft.  

would be amazing if Gase pulls this off days before the new GM was hired... I don't see it but the Jets do have cap space (probably for L. Williams future contract..) 

club due to their handling of his recent medical situation

31 big red flag if your talking a lot of compensation for him, for not much sure, but it would have to be one of those injury protection conditional picks that gets the Jets off the hook should he not really play because of injury but if the Jets say make the AFCCG the X pick becomes a 2nd or something, or he plays in 75% of snaps X becomes a 3rd.