La Canfora: Jets, Douglas negotiating scouting budget, Douglas could be hired by end of week

Also, someone smarter than me correct me if I'm wrong or off base.

It would appear LaCanfora is getting info from the Douglas side, by making public what he's asking for.

Rapsheet is getting his from the Jets, relaying essentially the same info without saying the specific ask while pumping up another candidate yesterday.

I guess my point is it appears both sides feel relatively confident it is going to get done, at least in my amateur tea leaf reading

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Figured this deserved its own thread, but feel free to merge if I’m wrong:

Still waiting for this to be official to decide if I like Joe Douglas or not.

LaCafora making me think I hate him and he's overrated.  Rappaport has me thinking I can't believe we missed him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TeddEY said:

Still waiting for this to be official to decide if I like Joe Douglas or not.

LaCafora making me think I hate him and he's overrated.  Rappaport has me thinking I can't believe we missed him.

You actually sum up jet fandom in one post. If we don’t get him, he’s a loser bum and if we do he’s the greatest ever.

Wait for it......Warfish should be hear any second saying he doesn't want to hear reporters saying (reporting) anything. Just wants someone's signature on a contract. And he DEFINITELY won't want our new GM holding any press conferences. Needs to go right to the office, lock his door and go to work. ?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I heard yesterday that "a" holdup may be over control of the roster, that either Philly has a stip in his contract that he can't leave unless he has complete control (i.e., a REAL GM job) or that HE wouldn't leave without full control.

Can't be.  It's not a Philly thing.  It's the NFL that if he doesn't get control it move can be blocked.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

You actually sum up jet fandom in one post. If we don’t get him, he’s a loser bum and if we do he’s the greatest ever.

I might take the other side of that trade.  Typically isn't the normal SOJ response that the guy we hired was a desperation move after our top 2-3 guys told the Jets to GFY?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

Shocked this is the first time I heard that a GM candidate feels the need is negotiating a scouting budget with an NFL team before accepting. Joe douglas might just be too smart for this team.

What do you think the "scouting budget" entails?  I get wanting to be able to spend as much as possible, but does it just amount to paying off your  cronies to work under you?  

32 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I might take the other side of that trade.  Typically isn't the normal SOJ response that the guy we hired was a desperation move after our top 2-3 guys told the Jets to GFY?

exhibit A: Read threads the day Gase hired. And now.

• Sympathy 1