Jets not Digging Doug? Rumor Says Gang Green not Meeting Douglas Demands

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Most of us wanted McCarthy. If getting massages during team meetings was his biggest offense, We would have dealt with it for as long there's no back stabbing and pissing off players and management like Gase is known to do.

Maybe you should ask A Rogers about all his glowing reviews of McCarthy. 

About McCarthys less than easy going personality.  

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The best thing Macc did here was draft Darnold. The worst thing he did is have $100 million and decide that protecting Darnold wasn't important. Those two things cancel each other out. 75% of the rest of his work he did here was an utter failure. 

If the Jets win 10 games this year with a young roster. Who gets the credit. Gase. Williams. A gm who hasn't acquired any of the players. Who. I'm curious what your answer is

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Most of us wanted McCarthy. If getting massages during team meetings was his biggest offense, We would have dealt with it for as long there's no back stabbing and pissing off players and management like Gase is known to do.

McCarthy is still unemployed for a reason. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, genot said:

If the Jets win 10 games this year with a young roster. Who gets the credit. Gase. Williams. A gm who hasn't acquired any of the players. Who. I'm curious what your answer is

Yup. I've mentioned this in multiple Macc bashing threads. If this team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs you have to give Macc a lot of the credit. Yes, OBVIOUSLY credit would go to the coaching staff, players, ownership and even the new GM. However, Macc should get a significant amount of the credit b/c he is still responsible for putting the majority of this roster together, including the critical pieces such as the QB, RB, and top WR, D-lineman,  LB, O-lineman, and player in the secondary on the team.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe you should ask A Rogers about all his glowing reviews of McCarthy. 

About McCarthys less than easy going personality.  

Don’t get this argument. Gase has half the Miami team bitching about his personality. McCarthy just had Rodgers, who is an a$$hole himself.

Just now, PepPep said:

Yup. I've mentioned this in multiple Macc bashing threads. If this team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs you have to give Macc a lot of the credit. Yes, OBVIOUSLY credit would go to the coaching staff, players, ownership and even the new GM. However, Macc should get a significant amount of the credit b/c he is still responsible for putting the majority of this roster together, including the critical pieces such as the QB, RB, and top WR, D-lineman,  LB, O-lineman, and player in the secondary on the team.  

It's dangerous to buy into the false narrative that Mac was a bad GM. I can get butt fumbled 100 times, it's not going to change my opinion.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

It's dangerous to buy into the false narrative that Mac was a bad GM. I can get butt fumbled 100 times, it's not going to change my opinion.

Mac was decent at structuring contracts, and bad at drafting. That’s being kind.

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

But even if things vary from team to team, there’s still a fine line between job titles/duties and just because one team may let their asst. VP do more than other asst. VP’s doesn’t mean that there isn’t a stoppage point where Kelly’s experience and voice falls shorter than anyone above him.(like an actual VP)

I don’t think anyone else signed would be a mistake, per say. I just like our chances with Douglas as it stands today.

i promise you, it goes deeper than me campaigning for a guy I think works well here. There an actual point to this lol.

All good, I agree but I stand by the point that we have no idea who will ultimately succeed and that it will have nothing to do with what their job title is today.  Thats all I'm saying.  That and if its one of the others that they interviewed theres no cause for signing up to a suicide watch list. :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Don’t get this argument. Gase has half the Miami team bitching about his personality. McCarthy just had Rodgers, who is an a$$hole himself.

Gase had a couple of players whine after he left.

One was let go, let sign with Cleveland as one of if not the highest paid WR in football.  Overpaid

The other complained he wasnt getting enough touches while leading the team in touches.

The third was said to be a problem and then dumped. 

Thats the argument.  Actually who cares, bet Belichick isnt loved, Parcells had his detractors.  All coaches do.  If they win and hes hated Im cool with it.  Dont need to love the HC ala Herm, Rex and Bowles.

3 minutes ago, static14 said:

Mac was decent at structuring contracts, and bad at drafting. That’s being kind.

I thought his last three drafts were okay. The last two i think were good and have a chance to be great drafts.

15 minutes ago, genot said:

Why. Make a valid point, that i can't disagree with. Gase was a failure in Miami, just as much as you think Mac was a failure here.

He went two games under .500 with a starting QB that missed half of his playing time.  Hell he made the playoffs with Matt Moore playing Qb down the stretch

Macc went 24-40 with his hand picked QBs.

Not seeing it

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

McCarthy was a hard passed for me. I was on the Todd Monken train with like 2 people. I wanted an innovative offensive mind. McCarthy isn’t that any more.

I wanted Gase or Monken

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Gase had a couple of players whine after he left.

One was let go, let sign with Cleveland as one of if not the highest paid WR in football.  Overpaid

The other complained he wasnt getting enough touches while leading the team in touches.

The third was said to be a problem and then dumped. 

Thats the argument.  Actually who cares, bet Belichick isnt loved, Parcells had his detractors.  All coaches do.  If they win and hes hated Im cool with it.  Dont need to love the HC ala Herm, Rex and Bowles.

What concerns me is why they were let go. Neither one of those players went through the media to complain, if you can call it complaining even.. They went to Gase, and then got shipped out. Two of their most productive players on offense.

8 minutes ago, genot said:

I thought his last three drafts were okay. The last two i think were good and have a chance to be great drafts.

It’s an unwinnable battle to debate Macc left this team in decent shape. We’ll have to wait until the end of the year. 

I think we’re in good shape and need to add a couple of pieces to the OL, and add a starting CB. Edge and WR are tbd. 

Going forward though, Macc needed to go. He never showed the ability or willingness to prioritize positions. And at the stage we are in, we need to be aggressive in fixing the OL and finding a CB. I don’t think Macc was the guy to finish the job. 

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

McCarthy was a hard passed for me. I was on the Todd Monken train with like 2 people. I wanted an innovative offensive mind. McCarthy isn’t that any more.

Mccarthy's greatest innovation was intentionally calling bad plays that forced Rodgers to scramble for his life and make a miraculous pass for a TD. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

What concerns me is why they were let go. Neither one of those players went through the media to complain, if you can call it complaining even.. They went to Gase, and then got shipped out. Two of their most productive players on offense.

Ajayi was said to be an issue in the locker.  Wouldnt get on board.

The two others were thinking of themselves.  Landry wanted huge money, got it and his production in Cleveland wound up proving Gase right.  Hes a slot guy who produced where he was. 

Think its apparent that approach doesnt work well with this HC unless youre a superstar who is producing big time.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mccarthy's greatest innovation was intentionally calling bad plays that forced Rodgers to scramble for his life and make a miraculous pass for a TD. 

The seasons where Rodgers was injured and missed time his record fell off too.  Image that

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He went two games under .500 with a starting QB that missed half of his playing time.  Hell he made the playoffs with Matt Moore playing Qb down the stretch

Macc went 24-40 with his hand picked QBs.

Not seeing it

The only hand picked QB of Mac's was Darnold. All those other's were signed to one year contracts. Stopgaps. Your kind of making the same point. Good QB play, you win. Crap QB play, you lose. We won 10 games with Fitz at QB. That was shocking. Lol.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

The seasons where Rodgers was injured and missed time his record fell off too.  Image that

Yup and to those that knock Gase, how do you think McCarthy would have done this past year in Miami with Brock Osweiler starting 5 games and Tannehill (who is now lucky to be a backup in Tenn) as his QB?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It’s an unwinnable battle to debate Macc left this team in decent shape. We’ll have to wait until the end of the year. 

I think we’re in good shape and need to add a couple of pieces to the OL, and add a starting CB. Edge and WR are tbd. 

Going forward though, Macc needed to go. He never showed the ability or willingness to prioritize positions. And at the stage we are in, we need to be aggressive in fixing the OL and finding a CB. I don’t think Macc was the guy to finish the job. 

A sober, thoughtful post. I disagree, but thanks for the sane postgando-760x435.png.01dadbef77c58bb2bf8a5cb65489e80c.png

50 minutes ago, genot said:

Everyone does in their own way football is a team game. It's the Jimmies, and the Joes inching past everyone else if I have to choose one.

16 minutes ago, genot said:

The only hand picked QB of Mac's was Darnold. All those other's were signed to one year contracts. Stopgaps. Your kind of making the same point. Good QB play, you win. Crap QB play, you lose. We won 10 games with Fitz at QB. That was shocking. Lol.

Really?  

Who signed Fitz?

Who signed McCown?

He picked the QBs to sign, signed them but theyre not on him?

Youre making a case for Macc who went 24-40 and calling Gase at 23-25 a failure.  Interesting take

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup and to those that knock Gase, how do you think McCarthy would have done this past year in Miami with Brock Osweiler starting 5 games and Tannehill (who is now lucky to be a backup in Tenn) as his QB?

As bad as Osweiller was somehow Gase had the team playing hard and winning enough to be in the playoff hunt until the end of the season.  

32 minutes ago, genot said:

I’m not sure how you can say he wasn’t a bad GM.  Look at the team’s record, the draft history and the fact that he had TWO offseason’s out of 5 where he had $100 million or more in cap space.   He pissed away the first go-around of all that money, and had to beg people to take his money this past offseason.   

The totality of his record and his decisions were poor.  Sure there were a couple good picks here and there, ANY general manager making as many decisions as Maccagnan did over 5 offseason’s and draft’s will get some right and some wrong.  It would be damn near impossible to get everything wrong, just like it’s impossible to get everything right.  When you factor that in, Maccagnan was wrong more than he was right.  The total body of his work was poor.   

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ajayi was said to be an issue in the locker.  Wouldnt get on board.

The two others were thinking of themselves.  Landry wanted huge money, got it and his production in Cleveland wound up proving Gase right.  Hes a slot guy who produced where he was. 

Think its apparent that approach doesnt work well with this HC unless youre a superstar who is producing big time.

Laundry had 81 receptions for the Browns last year, and averaged almost 5 yds more a catch, then he did in Miami. He went to Gase and asked if he could be used more on the outside. he felt he was capable of more downfield catches. Looking at his stats with the Browns, he could have been right. I don't criticize Gase for playing him where he wanted. But shipping him out, concerns me.