Jets not Digging Doug? Rumor Says Gang Green not Meeting Douglas Demands

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm not sure how this thread turned into another "Macc sucked/no he didn't" thread but it is vaguely annoying when you check in to see if there is any Douglas news and you see another five pages of rehashed arguments about draft picks made three years ago.

Mea culpa.  To be fair, if there is any news it will surely rate its own thread. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s f*cking pathetic. 

He’s gone done fired. 

Let it f*cking go. 

Or go talk about it in the Mac Fired thread. 

What the **** else are we supposed to talk about?  The new uniforms? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Did you read it? 

That spells D-O-G.

He said it about himself

Why do you think he got cut so quickly? 

Yea, i read it. Despite the red flags they had him slotted in the 4th rd ,and an eventual starter in the league. He got cut for reasons unknown to us. Maybe he was out of shape, and Gase saw it as an opportunity to set an example. Maybe he is a dog. At 24, with only 1 year being on an NFL field playing, i thought cutting him was a little premature. It's a very minor issue though. if one at all.

55 minutes ago, genot said:

Any player who busts,[and most do], you can look at a player who was drafted we could have had. It's classic Monday morning quarterbacking. Like the 'why we didn't draft Mahomes or Watson.

I don’t “Monday Morning QB”.

I was yelling for Mahomes the entire time and posted on here how I was sure he’d perform before he started his first year...“torch the entire league like Marino did his rookie year”...here you had a kid who can throw a ball 90 yards in the air, also a great athlete and is smart as a whip (has a photographic memory), for ANY QB starved team he was hands down the correct pick in the 1st Rd.  Yet Maccagnan was too frightened to ever take a QB in the 1st, until his back was to the wall, because that’s the quickest way to get fired, if you’re wrong.

Yet Maccagnan by his ACTIONS thought he could con and string the team and fan base along 1 more year (more undeserved paychecks for him), by basically saying “Hackenberg can be a starting QB in the NFL”.

That’s what the Adams pick was saying...”Hackenberg is an NFL QB”...and also, let me take the Consensus player since I don’t know what I’m doing, but this will leave me blameless if he busts.

It actually came out that Maccagnan played the “well at least I didn’t use a 1st Rd pick on a QB that didn’t work out” card.  No surprise.

Words can’t express how glad I am that he  no longer has the job he never deserved in the first place.  I really thought that Darnold would carry him another 10 years, being how the Johnson’s never like to write 2 checks for the same job.  Glad I was wrong about that.

But the Jets lucked into Darnold, and the rest is history.  Lots of playoff runs coming.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not against the Bell deal.  I would rather have filled RB in the draft and used my money at other spots, but it seems a fair price for a playmaker with that resume, we had the money and the need.  OTOH, the Steelers didn't offer him near that much.  They offered him $70M with only $10M guarantee.  It was an insult offer designed to make him play on the franchise tag again.  The Steelers never were going to give big guaranteed money to a RB.  He called their bluff and they both lost. 

In each case, 2 years too late.  How much longer could he have possibly held on to either? 

He probably did wait to long. But cutting them nonetheless was an admission that he f.... up.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Please tell me who he didn't sign, that would have turned this horrible off season into something worth bragging about.

Paradis or Morse at Center would've been a major upgrade for the offensive line. Either one could've been had if he would've offered either one of them a contract.

CB's: Darby, Nelson, Desir would've immediately become the #2 CB and a severe upgrade over Roberts.

He could've signed the best CB and C from that list and paid the same amount he paid for Mosely. His roster building was terrible. He had no clue how to build a well rounded roster. 

So there you go.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, genot said:

You think that had to do with Harrison. Cmon. I posted comments about Harrison that Gase made. Maybe he was lying. Gase allegedly though we overpaid for Bell. When Bell was signed everybody was talking about the reasonable price we paid to get him.

I missed where Gase publicly criticized the Bell signing. Oh that right, he didn't. You're reporting rumors as a fact. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think Jamal is one of our best players, a leader and one of the top safeties in the NFL. 

I didn’t love Mac but the continued crucifixion is unbecoming. 

Waaaaàaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I missed where Gase publicly criticized the Bell signing. Oh that right, he didn't. You're reporting rumors as a fact. 

Gase ALLEGEDLY thought we overpaid for Bell. That's what i said correct. Do you work for CNN.

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Paradis or Morse at Center would've been a major upgrade for the offensive line. Either one could've been had if he would've offered either one of them a contract.

CB's: Darby, Nelson, Desir would've immediately become the #2 CB and a severe upgrade over Roberts.

He could've signed the best CB and C from that list and paid the same amount he paid for Mosely. His roster building was terrible. He had no clue how to build a well rounded roster. 

So there you go.

I agree completely with this, and this is why Mac was fired. 

But actually, the Jets still could signed Mosely.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Haven't seen anything. The Jets truly have some of the worst beat reporters in the game. If these guys had any sources at all you'd expect they'd be all over a situation like this. Instead they're constantly scooped by the league-wide reporters. I really can't remember the last time one of the beat guys broke a major story that wasn't PR spin obviously fed to them by Macagnan/Heimerdinger. Hell, they not only got scooped on the Mac ouster (by Tony Pauline of all people), but actively and categorically denied there was any truth to it only to have a conniption when it all blew up in their face.

What happened to Pauline? That moustachioed bag of sh*te has been silent lately. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t “Monday Morning QB”.

I was yelling for Mahomes the entire time and posted on here how I was sure he’d perform before he started his first year...“torch the entire league like Marino did his rookie year”...here you had a kid who can throw a ball 90 yards in the air, also a great athlete and is smart as a whip (has a photographic memory), for ANY QB starved team he was hands down the correct pick in the 1st Rd.  Yet Maccagnan was too frightened to ever take a QB in the 1st, until his back was to the wall, because that’s the quickest way to get fired, if you’re wrong.

Yet Maccagnan by his ACTIONS thought he could con and string the team and fan base along 1 more year (more undeserved paychecks for him), by basically saying “Hackenberg can be a starting QB in the NFL”.

That’s what the Adams pick was saying...”Hackenberg is an NFL QB”...and also, let me take the Consensus player since I don’t know what I’m doing, but this will leave me blameless if he busts.

It actually came out that Maccagnan played the “well at least I didn’t use a 1st Rd pick on a QB that didn’t work out” card.  No surprise.

Words can’t express how glad I am that he  no longer has the job he never deserved in the first place.  I really thought that Darnold would carry him another 10 years, being how the Johnson’s never like to write 2 checks for the same job.  Glad I was wrong about that.

But the Jets lucked into Darnold, and the rest is history.  Lots of playoff runs coming.

You seriously think he signed Mccown at 10 mil,in 2017 to be a backup QB to Hackenburg. Lol. Props to you on being right about Mahomes. The facts are that it was a risky pick for any team. The Chiefs sat him for a year, with far more on offense then the Jets had at the time. Read the reports on Mahomes. It was boom or bust.

2 hours ago, genot said:

He cut ties with Wilkerson. He cut ties with Hackenburg once he drafted Darnold. I'm not sure your right on that one.

So you’re giving him credit for cutting ties with Hackenberg only after drafting Darnold? Lol...   It was beyond obvious to everyone that Hackenberg sucked from day one.  The fact that he didn’t even sniff the field was proof of that.   Again, the Hackenberg pick eliminated any chance of Maccagnan looking at a QB 2017.   You’re giving him credit for cutting his biggest draft mistake??  

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

A thread about the Jets potentially not ponying up the dough for their prime GM candidate turning into a thread about how our last GM was not actually terrible at all is quintessentially JetNation.

Quintessentially pathetic. 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, genot said:

It was Mac who insisted on bringing in Gregg Williams. That's why Matt Rhule isn't the HC here. I read a bunch of posts expressing optimism about the team and new staff. Who's the one who got them here. Mac.

Yeah, Mac was the best, lol ...just for your information, he got himself fired, so get over it. He was a clown with a coffee cup, but guys like you just keep up the nonsense.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

They have this wacky reporting structure which allows the owner to simultaneously meddle and also shift blame 

They have this ability regardless of the structure, they are the owners.

Separately ,where does these cheap accusations come from?(I'm not saying they aren't) They tried to help finance a new stadium in Manhattan which if it wasn't for politics had a very good possibility of happening. From what I have read they have state of the art training and medical facilities. Idzik was brought in to be an axe man (never should have had control of the draft obviously) to try and clean up Tannenbaums mess to give the team some of the flexibility they have now. 

While Mac should've got the knife earlier, he and Heimerdinger had a better understanding of the teams needs than anyone they could have brought in so I can kind of understand the thinking of letting them run the draft and as far as I know we don't  know who had final say over the picks. Mac also did a good job with trades and somewhat not totally screwing them up with horrible contracts.

As it stands now some people are getting in a tizzy over Twitter rumors. It does seem someone is trying to use the media for negotiations or stir up sh*t. The media is also bored and they all want to be the guy/gal to come up with the next clickbait scoop.

As far as the titles go it's not like they are promoting someone over someone within the same organization and even if they were if they consider the person the better candidate so be it. After all they are replacing someone with a higher title as it is.

After all is said and done one of my wishes is other teams will look at the Jets to raid for coaches (except for Jim Bob Cooter ,love the name not the arrests) and front office personnel. While the Jets could get some stability and promote from within.This is one thing I admire about Pittsburgh.

Edited by Snook

9 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So you’re giving him credit for cutting ties with Hackenberg only after drafting Darnold? Lol...   It was beyond obvious to everyone that Hackenberg sucked from day one.  The fact that he didn’t even sniff the field was proof of that.   Again, the Hackenberg pick eliminated any chance of Maccagnan looking at a QB 2017.   You’re giving him credit for cutting his biggest draft mistake??  

No. The poster said Mac wasn't going to fess up to Hackenberg being a bust, and tried to fool everybody into thinking they still had hopes for him. Once Hackenberg came in for his 2nd camp, everybody knew he was a total flop. I don't think he had anything to do with any draft decision in 2017.

7 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Yeah, Mac was the best, lol ...just for your information, he got himself fired, so get over it. He was a clown with a coffee cup, but guys like you just keep up the nonsense.

giphy.gif

Show me my post where i said Mac was the best. Stop it. It's just juvenile to compare someone to a clown, because in your view he was a bad GM.

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not thrilled to read through all this petty quibbling in order to try to find Douglas news. Macc is gone. If you hated him or liked him: look forward.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's my fault. Haven't posted since the firing. Thought the timing of it was strange, and the reasons behind it, unexplained. Kinda flips me out that you let him run the draft, and spend all that money, and then run him out of town. Only in Jetland

35 minutes ago, genot said:

It's my fault. Haven't posted since the firing. Thought the timing of it was strange, and the reasons behind it, unexplained. Kinda flips me out that you let him run the draft, and spend all that money, and then run him out of town. Only in Jetland

We don’t care if the last time you posted was 1978,  WRONG THREAD.‼️

23 hours ago, Jetster said:

You guys are absolute morons if you coundn't figure out I was typing about the Bears & SAINTS since I was mentioning Kelly & Fontenot and typed Eagles by mistake, god sometimes I can't believe some of you Jet fans can even use a damn computer!

I am not a moron. I am an opportunist.

Enough is enough. Get off your high horse Johnson and pay the man. Then hire Kelly as an assistant. I've been a faithful Jets fan for over 40 years. I'm sick and tired of all the mocking from Patriots and Giants fans over the years. It's time to turn around this losing franchise once and for all.

• Upvote 3