Jump to content
JetNation

Jets not Digging Doug? Rumor Says Gang Green not Meeting Douglas Demands

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

We don’t care if the last time you posted was 1978,  WRONG THREAD.‼️

So you run all of the threads now? This coming from the guy who constantly posts a second thread about something that's been discussed hours earlier in a different thread. You should get off your high horse.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So you run all of the threads now? This coming from the guy who constantly posts a second thread about something that's been discussed hours earlier in a different thread. You should get off your high horse.

I don’t recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, genot said:

Yea, i read it. Despite the red flags they had him slotted in the 4th rd ,and an eventual starter in the league. He got cut for reasons unknown to us. Maybe he was out of shape, and Gase saw it as an opportunity to set an example. Maybe he is a dog. At 24, with only 1 year being on an NFL field playing, i thought cutting him was a little premature. It's a very minor issue though. if one at all.

,Not to perpetuate this argument but.   I get that we just disagree.  I just want to clarify that where I come from dog means lazy and out of shape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, jack48 said:

I have no idea what the going rate is, but I would expect the Jets to pay a little more just on principle.  Are we talking about a few hundred grand?  Is it a matter of what Gase is getting?

CJ just bought out Macc's contact which cost them millions. Add that to the money they lost on Bowles' contract and you've got a loss of around 5 million or more.  Money is not the issue if they want Douglas.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

,Not to perpetuate this argument but.   I get that we just disagree.  I just want to clarify that where I come from dog means lazy and out of shape. 

Lol. I know what you meant by that.I read the posts in the other thread. He probably was lazy. Your young, develop some bad habits. I just thought hanging in there a little longer with him was the way to go. Especially when you choose to keep Sterling and Tomlinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:14 AM, genot said:

I agree. Then why was Mac fired after allowing him to run the draft, and spend oodles of money on Free Agents. Makes no sense whatsoever. None.

Because at that point they weren't going to be able to interview anyone else anyway, and firing Macc would just tip the Jets' hands as to who they want at what slot. Especially way up top where they were (allegedly) trying hard to trade down. Easy to say now that they didn't trade down anyway, but they didn't know that with 100% certainty until the pick was in. 

You think this was proof of a poorly run team? Now imagine firing the GM right before the draft with no one to take his place, and it being considered tampering to even request to interview someone at that point. 

If you're just referring to the notion that he should have been canned back in January (or the prior January, or the January before that...) then yes I agree with you. But admittedly the timing at that point is sometimes less ideal; you can only choose from people available, meaning you are excluding coaches/execs from teams who made the playoffs (never mind the superbowl outright). In this case it wouldn't have mattered much; they're interviewing GMs who didn't get snatched up when they were available in January, and the they hired Gase as HC and I'm not sure if he was interviewed by any other team so he'd have still been available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think about it, Joe Douglas is more qualified, has more relevant experience, and is currently in a higher position, than any of the Jets GMs in recent memory were when they were hired:

Terry Bradway-wasn't he just College Scouting?

Tannenbaum-Contracts

Idzik-Contracts

Maccagnan-College Scouting

I would also presume that at least Idzik and Mac were paid less than what top GMs are paid.  Mac likely got an upgrade for his second contract, which none of us thought he should have gotten....and then he had to be fired.  

Joe Douglas is the most accomplished and qualified GM candidate the Jets have considered since Dick Steinberg.  They need to make it happen.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Because at that point they weren't going to be able to interview anyone else anyway, and firing Macc would just tip the Jets' hands as to who they want at what slot. Especially way up top where they were (allegedly) trying hard to trade down. Easy to say now that they didn't trade down anyway, but they didn't know that with 100% certainty until the pick was in. 

You think this was proof of a poorly run team? Now imagine firing the GM right before the draft with no one to take his place, and it being considered tampering to even request to interview someone at that point. 

If you're just referring to the notion that he should have been canned back in January (or the prior January, or the January before that...) then yes I agree with you. But admittedly the timing at that point is sometimes less ideal; you can only choose from people available, meaning you are excluding coaches/execs from teams who made the playoffs (never mind the superbowl outright). In this case it wouldn't have mattered much; they're interviewing GMs who didn't get snatched up when they were available in January, and the they hired Gase as HC and I'm not sure if he was interviewed by any other team so he'd have still been available. 

Yes. If he was going to be fired, it should have been when Bowles was fired. Why have someone involved in a HC search, if the guy was going to be subsequently canned. It's very strange to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, genot said:

Yes. If he was going to be fired, it should have been when Bowles was fired. Why have someone involved in a HC search, if the guy was going to be subsequently canned. It's very strange to me

J!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

J!

Agreed.  And if I was Gase,  I would not want to work around a sh*tshow like the Jets, so maybe he did take the bull by the horns.  Either way, I am happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of beta males running this franchise. Not one decisive person in the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, sourceworx said:

What happened to Pauline? That moustachioed bag of sh*te has been silent lately. 

you should kiss Pauline's butt if he let's you, **&^% for brains.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, jack48 said:

Agreed.  And if I was Gase,  I would not want to work around a sh*tshow like the Jets, so maybe he did take the bull by the horns.  Either way, I am happy.

He doesn't have the most earth-shattering track history, and it remains to be seen if he wasn't yet another disaster hire, but in terms of making football decisions I'd go with him rolling the dice on over of one of the Johnson brothers any day of the week. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He doesn't have the most earth-shattering track history, and it remains to be seen if he wasn't yet another disaster hire, but in terms of making football decisions I'd go with him rolling the dice on over of one of the Johnson brothers any day of the week. 

See, I think he managed pretty well with a guy like Tannehill running the show, and he did not even have him a lot of the time.  I like what I have seen and heard so far.  I cannot believe I actually watched Todd Bowles pressers the last few years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, genot said:

Gase ALLEGEDLY thought we overpaid for Bell. That's what i said correct. Do you work for CNN.

You mean the allegations were that Gase didn't want to overpass for a RB. 

That's turned into he thinks we over paid and didn't want to for Bell.  That is how CNN works though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...