JoJoTownsell1

Gase takes team to Top Golf

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t golf. Golfing sucks. This would annoy me so hard as a “team building activity.” I’d be like, “bitch, fetch me from the bar when you’re done hacking up the greens.”

have you been to a top golf? its actually pretty cool, it combines a driving range with like darts i guess you could say.. and there is a full bar there and they deliver to your station. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hear changing adult diapers requires about the same amount of athleticism and coordination.

You know, if I ever have an incontinence problem when I get elderly, I don't want a product called "Depends", I want "DEFINITELY".

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Be specific. Do you mean on your self, or changing someones elses?

Huge differential in degree of difficulty, especially if its involuntary.  

LOL... the visual I got from this post was actually the best thing this forum has seen in awhile. I promise.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

God, you're a miserable creep. 

And the only people who hate golf, cant swing a club.  Loser .

You strike me as always being very angry.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Top Golf is nothing like real golf.... you can miss the target you're aiming for and still score points... its like a combination of Bowling/skeeball 

I am a guy that likes real golf and the difference between the 2 is big, biggest difference is you can be a NOVICE or just suck at golf and still have fun, whereas on a real course you would be miserable hitting slices and hooks. 

Good.  Thanks.  Sounds like fun.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You strike me as always being very angry.

I used to have a very short temper.  Nowadays, it's quite the opposite, in fact.  It takes a ton to get me like really worked up over something.  I legit, never get angry at anything (unless I'm driving or flying).  I'm extremely laid back.  My passions in life are surfing, fishing, golfing and weed...basically all relaxing sh*t. 

Being a sports fan makes me angry because all my teams suck but it's really more tongue in cheek for a laugh anger.  It took a long time but I've learned not to get worked up over things you cant control.  I used to let this team ruin my Sundays.  Not anymore! 

• Like 1

Gase and Williams can be pretty intense.... probably unlike any coach these young players have had (other than Saban). 

They're going to get there asses kicked soon enough..... he's selling himself to the vets and the young guys before it hits the fan.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still a better golfer than speaker

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave and Busters was full?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t golf. Golfing sucks. This would annoy me so hard as a “team building activity.” I’d be like, “bitch, fetch me from the bar when you’re done hacking up the greens.”

Snap a selfie with Herdon at the 19th hole 

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

I could fix that swing in an instant. “Pretend the 300 yard flag is a cop’s wife’s eye.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt any course allows you to be shirtless. 

Why don't you start a thread about it. 

Gator Creek Golf Club.  Sarasota, FL.

Private Club.  Men only.  Rumor has it some unique things go on out there...  including shirtless golf.  Naked women on the flags.  And, of course, supposedly they might even do the "golfer's walk of shame" if you don't hit it past the short tee box. 

Offensive Coordinator Dowell Loggains enjoying himself at Top Golf today 

7B6FE19B-C4DD-4499-B762-8C9568732DE6.png

I love golf.  Play two or three times a week.

Imo they should be practicing.

It's June 6.  I have absolutely no issue with a team building event at this stage.

This team needs culture change.  There are new coaches, systems, and players in place at all levels.  Getting to know each other, having some fun together off the field, and building camaraderie are all very positive things that can go a long way toward success.  If they are going to do it, now is the time with the season still 3 months away and only being allowed to practice in shorts anyway.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You know the best team building drill?

Winning games.

They are. At top golf. Well...some of them. 

54 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You know the best team building drill?

Winning games.

So mad they are not winning games in early June. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Ok, time for me to get on my soap box, LOL. I get the "golf is not a sport" jokes by all the guys who aren't golfers. 

It's because any schmoe can grab a set of clubs and go PLAY golf. That doesn't make him someone who GOLFS. I played high school basketball and D-1 baseball. Trust me, golf is a much harder game to play well then football, basketball, or baseball. The reason why avid players are so addicted to it is that it's truly a game that can't be mastered. I take it so seriously I bought a second home in Myrtle Beach, just so I could play year round.

It is just a game for most people though, and one that can be played for a lifetime, which is great. However, for those who take it seriously and/or play it competitively, it is a sport, and a difficult one. That is why so many athletes play during their career and then in their retirement. They want to be able to compete athletically in a sport that will challenge them.

• Upvote 3

What was the original thread title? I’m curious now.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulyjet said:

Golf camp.

Great.

We dont need our young QB to get as much work in the new playbook as possible...

Cant wait for more of this during training camp

Gase cupcakes.

No disrespect to cupcakes.

😑🤨

I agree. Adam Gase was complaining a couple weeks ago to talk to the NFLPA regarding players being required to be at the facility. So Darnold struggled day one, because of a big install, improved a little date two, so perhaps playing football in the limited time you were allowed to play football might be more beneficial than a day of golf he throws away one day of the three where you can have everyone there? 

• Upvote 1

Ok, time for me to get on my soap box, LOL. I get the "golf is not a sport" jokes by all the guys who aren't golfers. 
It's because any schmoe can grab a set of clubs and go PLAY golf. That doesn't make him someone who GOLFS. I played high school basketball and D-1 baseball. Trust me, golf is a much harder game to play well then football, basketball, or baseball. The reason why avid players are so addicted to it is that it's truly a game that can't be mastered. I take it so seriously I bought a second home in Myrtle Beach, just so I could play year round.
It is just a game for most people though, and one that can be played for a lifetime, which is great. However, for those who take it seriously and/or play it competitively, it is a sport, and a difficult one. That is why so many athletes play during their career and then in their retirement. They want to be able to compete athletically in a sport that will challenge them.

John Daly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

They may be limited on how much they can practice together.  My guess is this does not take away from that.  I hope they all have a blast.

• Like 1

They should scrap all these stupid mini camps and start training camp a week or 2 earlier.  

Who is going to remember anything tbey did the last few days 7 weeks from now?

Golf sucks more than Tom Brady at the gay club.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

John Daly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you think you just had a mic drop moment, throwing out his name. Obviously you don't know what a freakish athlete he was. Great baseball player and phenomenal golf talent. One of the saddest stories in the last 30+ years in any sport.

Don't confuse the alcohol, weight gain and whatever other addiction issues that derailed his life and career to take away from the athleticism he displayed when younger and playing at an elite (two time major winner) level. Like any athlete who wasted the gifts god gave him, watching him throw it all away was sad to watch. Unfortunately he became a circus act, more concerned with selling merchandise out of a trailer outside tournaments, content to live off his name. 

I'm thinking if you had wanted to, you could've named dozens of athletes from different sports who did the same. But then your post would not have seemed as clever to you,