How worried should we be about the Gase and Bell relationship?

Okay well apparently I offended some people by my use of the word Thug? Obviously I was kidding and referring to the rapper thing and the hip-hop lifestyle. It was a loose ended joke that was not meant to be politically correct. Especially after the first report we have from training camp is that he had $500,000 worth of jewelry stolen by two women! LOL I'm sure plenty of people on here understood where I was coming from and thought it was funny. Just like Dylan Donahue is an idiot for getting hammered and driving the wrong way in the Lincoln Tunnel Cara or Robert Kraft is a fool for getting $100 handjob, so was Sean Ellis for having a collection of vintage very expensive cars that he drove around uninsured and with no driver's license! It wasn't a racist thing so please don't try to turn it into that especially if you're hypersensitive and politically correct. I don't post on here to see who is right and who is better, I come on here to have fun. I used the term Thug in reference to Tupac and the whole hip-hop thing. It was meant lightheartedly. I'm sure plenty of posters on here feel exactly the same way I do when these guys have a dream job and they're making 50 million dollars but can't keep themselves out of trouble see Adam Pacman Jones? And everyday you read another story how a guy making 10 million dollars a year either beat some girl up, killed somebody, or is busted actually involved in selling drugs LMFAO. It's Preposterous and ridiculous. And I enjoy making fun of it. No harm meant. I'm pretty sure nobody would be offended if I was making fun of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan who are also millionaire train wrecks so what's the difference?

• Sympathy 1

Leveon was never Gase's guy, and his signing conceivably might have been part of why Gase angled Macc out of there.  It is possible that now that he's in charge, Gase might look for ways to move Bell out of there.

On the other hand, Leveon is a rare talent who has apparently invented a new form of running, a hesitate-and-go move which gives his blockers a split second longer to successfully make their block and who can immeasurably help our young QB.  Unless Gase is mad with power and feels the need to show everyone he is in charge to the detriment of new team, I think he'll get along fine with Leveon.

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Now we’re not allowed to say thug? What’s next?

Exactly!!! And nobody else sees the humor in the fact that this guy holds out for a year, we pay him 50 million dollars to become our running back, and he holds a party for himself that night, drops his new album and shows off his rhyming skills? LOL then he doesn't show up to voluntary workouts? Yeah okay try that at your new job in the paint department at Home Depot!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Exactly!!! And nobody else sees the humor in the fact that this guy holds out for a year, we pay him 50 million dollars to become our running back, and he holds a party for himself that night, drops his new album and shows off his rhyming skills? LOL then he doesn't show up to voluntary workouts? Yeah okay try that at your new job in the paint department at Home Depot!

Home Depot has voluntary workouts?

• Haha 2

Chad Kelly is a thug.  John Gotti was a thug.  Alec Baldwin is a thug.  Richie Incognito is a thug.  Robert Blake is a thug.  

The term thug was first most appropriately used to describe mafia types, and the criminal element most commonly associated with that "lifestyle".  It's modern variation is most often associated with "Gangs and the Hip hop culture" that so readily embraced the Mafia "persona", lifestyle, and "tough guy" persona that the aforementioned "thugs" personified.

While it can easily be seen as a "racist" term, let's not forget it's genesis, and what it really means.  "You reap what you sow".

THAT DOES NOT MAKE EVERYONE WHO USES THE TERM "THUG", A RACIST.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Lets be honest about this. Thug is a term usually applied by non blacks about Afro Americans. It's pejorative not objective.  

No. It’s not. 

Its just the way this country has been pussified. 

Anything that could possibly in the wildest rationale be construed as racist is now blatantly racist. 

It’s bullsh*t and why I weepz for the children. 

Team owners can’t be “owners” anymore because it’s “racially insensitive”? 

We’ve become a nation of triggered babies. 

I have never associated the term “thug” with African Americans but just because they may have appropriated it doesn’t give them ownership. 

Geezuz. 

30 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Chad Kelly is a thug.  John Gotti was a thug.  Alec Baldwin is a thug.  Richie Incognito is a thug.  Robert Blake is a thug.  

The term thug was first most appropriately used to describe mafia types, and the criminal element most commonly associated with that "lifestyle".  It's modern variation is most often associated with "Gangs and the Hip hop culture" that so readily embraced the Mafia "persona", lifestyle, and "tough guy" persona that the aforementioned "thugs" personified.

While it can easily be seen as a "racist" term, let's not forget it's genesis, and what it really means.  "You reap what you sow".

THAT DOES NOT MAKE EVERYONE WHO USES THE TERM "THUG", A RACIST.

Then why call Bell a thug when he isn’t a thug. 

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Then why call Bell a thug when he isn’t a thug. 

To repeat:  "Chad Kelly is a thug.  John Gotti was a thug.  Alec Baldwin is a thug.  Richie Incognito is a thug.  Robert Blake is a thug".

Huh??  Never called LeVeon Bell a thug.  Kareem Hunt is a thug, you can add him to the above list.  Now, does that make me a racist too??

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Huh??  Never called LeVeon Bell a thug.  Kareem Hunt is a thug, you can add him to the above list.  Now, does that make me a racist too??

That Chad Kelly Gotti post you put under my name is not my post.