NYJ working out Bilal Powell

I've always appreciated Powell, I'd love to see him back in camp this August lighting a fire in some of the younger backs in a true competition. Not every often you see guys spend their whole careers as Jets, Powell could be one of the few. It's odd how he's been here all through the decade of missing the playoffs constantly earning his keep.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Douglas already signing players.

If I hadn't met you a couple of years ago, I might think you are really Jason McIntyre.  The guy hwo reported that Douglas agreed with the Jets earlier today.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If I hadn't met you a couple of years ago, I might think you are really Jason McIntyre.  The guy hwo reported that Douglas agreed with the Jets earlier today.

I reported a month ago that Douglas was gonna be the guy. I don't trust this Mcintyre fellow as far as I could toss him. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Good. I've always liked Bilal. Will be a great compliment to Bell. He can do everything, and I particularly appreciate his blitz pickup.

Now we hope that father time hasn't caught up to him. I've always liked Powell but being on the wrong side of 30, a RB,and coming off yet another injury he might be a longshot to make the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, RobR said:

Now we hope that father time hasn't caught up to him. I've always liked Powell but being on the wrong side of 30, a RB,and coming off yet another injury he might be a longshot to make the team.

Absolutely ! But if he makes the final 53 great if not at least he had a final shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Absolutely ! But if he makes the final 53 great if not at least he had a final shot.

Nothing wrong with bringing in competition and forcing the young guys to earn a spot.  Don't know what Powell may have left, but its a low risk move that gives an opportunity to a solid Jet.

• Upvote 1