Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Pac said:

Bill o'Brien on his 3rd gm only 2 years removed from the last one.  Not sure why people are acting like that's a great destination. 

This is the better opportunity.

Someone said they fired their GM after year 1 of a 5 year deal. If that’s true, it’s pretty bad.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

An uncomfortable fact is the league isn’t as high on Darnold as the Jets fanbase is.

*man your battle stations*

Even if that was true, which it’s not, I would not care

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Even if that was true, which it’s not, I would not care

As long as we grade everyone on the same curve everything will be fine. The all in on Sam already as a cant miss superstar should give every rational fan some pause. Slow down a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

JJ Watt told him after he almost single-handedly took down Houston’s top ranked Defense “you’re going to be a great Pro”.

I’ll defer to Watt’s “expertise” in making that determination, knows much more than I do.

But what I will say is that I’ve already seen Darnold make certain throws I’ve never seen any Jet QB make, that includes Joe Namath.

The type of throws this kid can make totally transcends looking at some completion % stat or whatnot....and only 22 years old...Sky is the limit.

And if you want to look at numbers, Darnold has been trending way up, finishing off the last quarter of the season as the Top Rated QB in the entire league.  I can’t remember any Jet QB putting 4 straight games together like that.

I keep thinking of that sequence in the preseason with Charles Johnson. He threw 3 TD’s on consecutive throws from inside like the 5 yard line (first 2 got called back). That’s not easy to do....just ask NE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet the media won’t make a huge stink about this like they did the Jets


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 11:38 PM, Dinamite said:

Where is the outrage for Houston firing the gm after the draft? Jets got a lot of crap for it.

 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:44 PM, jetspenguin said:

THANK YOU!!!

 

Where is all the circus is in town commentary from the media?

 

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

 

 

 

 

On 6/8/2019 at 12:25 AM, static14 said:

Boy the Texans are a mess! Same old Texans, The circus has gone to Houston, who would want to go to an organization that fired their GM in June! Laughing stocks!

 

 

 

 

 

Why is no one saying all that?

 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:37 AM, Skeptable said:

Circus... Only incompetent franchises fire their gm after the draft and before the season starts... 👌🤣

 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, KRL said:

Where's the national outcry and dysfunctional rants now that HOU has
let their GM go???  They are going to look for someone with NE roots
because "Emperor" O'Brien won his power struggle

 

On 6/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, jetstream23 said:

So a team fired its GM even later than the Jets??

What a “dysfunctional laughing stock circus” the Texans are! Do they know that they are about to get murdered by the sports media 24 hours a day, for the next four weeks on every channel?

I mean that’s what needs to happen when you fire your GM in the spring, right? 

 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:33 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

In JUNE? My GOD, man, thats....unpossible! Teams do NOT do such things! Thats ridiculous! What a circus! How dare they? They have NO PLAAAAN!!!

 

etc.

 

On 6/8/2019 at 5:20 PM, DLJ said:

Bet the media won’t make a huge stink about this like they did the Jets


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To be fair and truthful about the difference between the Texans and Jets, The Texans have produced a successful team on the field and have playoff appearances and division championships within the past decade. 

They fired their GM, but they have one of the more stable coaches in the league, the Jets fired a GM after firing their coach when they both should have been gone at the same time, then hired a coach that we all support because he's our coach and there's no choice, but before that hire no one wanted. 

The media isnt making a big deal about this because for the most part the Texans have been a stable franchise. In no area has the Jets shown to be a stable or competent franchise...so much so that word on the street is that we almost lost our guy for GM because of "money". 

Woody and his brother have shown to be clueless, and Joe Douglass needed to make sure that he had what was required to combat that cluelessness. He needed the right amount of time to make the turnaround and the money required to hire the right people to promote such change. 

 

Comparing the media's reaction or lack thereof to the Texans firing their GM is IMO completely missing the point. Hopefully Joe Douglass can do what John Dorsey has done in Cleveland. Take over the team and get the owner out of his own way. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be fair and truthful about the difference between the Texans and Jets, The Texans have produced a successful team on the field and have playoff appearances and division championships within the past decade. 

They fired their GM, but they have one of the more stable coaches in the league, the Jets fired a GM after firing their coach when they both should have been gone at the same time, then hired a coach that we all support because he's our coach and there's no choice, but before that hire no one wanted. 

The media isnt making a big deal about this because for the most part the Texans have been a stable franchise. In no area has the Jets shown to be a stable or competent franchise...so much so that word on the street is that we almost lost our guy for GM because of "money". 

Woody and his brother have shown to be clueless, and Joe Douglass needed to make sure that he had what was required to combat that cluelessness. He needed the right amount of time to make the turnaround and the money required to hire the right people to promote such change. 

 

Comparing the media's reaction or lack thereof to the Texans firing their GM is IMO completely missing the point. Hopefully Joe Douglass can do what John Dorsey has done in Cleveland. Take over the team and get the owner out of his own way. 

 

Texans haven't won sh*t... The media coverage is the difference... But thanks for playing

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Texans haven't won sh*t... The media coverage is the difference... But thanks for playing

Or sometimes folks are just salty.

No problem. I enjoy playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaine is a good guy.  I spent some time waiting for a flight to Tallahassee with him when he was on the way to the Florida State pro day.  Most of the time was spent bullsh*tting with Jay Hayes, Clarence Brooks and a bunch of defensive line coaches about Bud Dupree. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Gaine is a good guy.  I spent some time waiting for a flight to Tallahassee with him when he was on the way to the Florida State pro day.  Most of the time was spent bullsh*tting with Jay Hayes, Clarence Brooks and a bunch of defensive line coaches about Bud Dupree. 

He might be looking for a job...really wouldn't mind it if he ended up on JD's staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, freestater said:

He might be looking for a job...really wouldn't mind it if he ended up on JD's staff.

He was a Parcells guy and spent time with the Jets.  He was a practice squad guy for Kotite, but worked as a scout under Parcells with the Jets and I think the Cowboys too.  Pearl River.  He went to Don Bosco, so he got a bunch of snow days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get it and it really isn't hard to understand why Houston gets a relative pass here.  This is no different than if a guy who is known as a stylish dresser buys a bright purple shirt versus another guy who dresses like a slob doing the same thing.  The slob is always going to get ripped for his bold move versus the guy with the proven track record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Texans haven't won sh*t... The media coverage is the difference... But thanks for playing

Media coverage?  Over the last 8 seasons the Texans have made the playoffs 5 times and have had winning records in 6 seasons.  The Jets?  0 and 1.   Gaine was the GM for one year.  They went from 4-12 to 11-5.  Apparently, they felt is was too passive this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Media coverage?  Over the last 8 seasons the Texans have made the playoffs 5 times and have had winning records in 6 seasons.  The Jets?  0 and 1.   Gaine was the GM for one year.  They went from 4-12 to 11-5.  Apparently, they felt is was too passive this offseason.

And? So what, doesn't make them any more or less of a circus... By the media's own definition, nobody fires their GM after the draft... Only disarrayed franchises do that... Texans say 'Hold My Beer' and this was ok because??? They literally went on and on about how good franchises don't do it, yet when a franchise they deem as good does it, they are like, well, its understandable... He had a slow offseason... ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS? How is that not a double standard... 

Its not that it happened, I know it happens more then fans on here admit. The issue is that the media spends a weeks declaring a circus for the Jets and says nothing about the Texans firing other then, the timing is odd. Yet, through their own words they screamed that no good franchise does this... so which is it? 

Does no good franchise do this... saying Texans are not a good franchise in which case they would be a circus too... or is it understandable that a GM that you let draft is fired after because of what they thought was a good or bad job....

Why do people want to protect and defend the media when we all know and see that they have a double standard... Who cares what the record is, that is not the point... you can't have it both ways...

The Jets have improved at every level this offseason and all media can talk about is the claimed 'dysfunction' that are agenda driven by a few media members that were scorned by the Mac and Dinger firing... Texans do nothing, fire their GM and they are stable because their beat reporters weren't burned by the firing...

Its that simple and all these sheep just bury themselves to believe whatever the media tells them to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody said there wasn't a double standard.  What was said was that the Texans have performed better and therefore get better treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nobody said there wasn't a double standard.  What was said was that the Texans have performed better and therefore get better treatment.

Add to the fact that a team like the Chiefs did it before the Jets.

Why did the media not treat the Chiefs the way they did the Jets? Because they were a solid team and when they moved on from Dorsey they were leaning on Andy Reid. Another situation where a team was successful on the fieldx had young talent and a respected coach. 

Jets fans want the Jets to get the same treatment as teams that win. Maybe the Jets need to start winning like those teams. For what its worth, it seems like Douglas is a step in the right direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...