Jets Could now Face Competition in GM Search as Texans Fire Brian Gaine

Chris-Johnson.jpg

No word on who the Houston Texans will be targeting at this point, but the Jets could now have competition in their search for a new General Manager.  Previously the only team in the market  for a new GM, the Houston Texans are now in the hunt as well.

The Texans have fired GM Brian Gaine after one season. Wow.

— Dan Leberfeld (@jetswhispers) June 7, 2019

After just one season in the position, the Texans have reportedly fired GM Brian Gaine.  The Jets have had three weeks to hire a GM, and now a team that supposedly likes the Jets top choice has entered the fray.

In 2018, when the Texans were searching for a GM, they were denied the chance to interview Joe Douglas. Douglas, of course, is now a preferred target of the Jets. More here: https://t.co/NmR7s4QOmk

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) June 7, 2019

Things could get interesting, Jets fans.

The post Jets Could now Face Competition in GM Search as Texans Fire Brian Gaine appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
fAFq7u0TbSY

Click here to read the full story...

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Douglas was the jets 1st choice he should have been signed sealed and delivered by now or it is an utter fail by the jets ownership...again

I'm hoping this is not the case but it's what I'm expecting (so as to not be disappointed).

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Douglas was the jets 1st choice he should have been signed sealed and delivered by now or it is an utter fail by the jets ownership...again

You nailed it brother.  Chris Johnson is an indecisive idiot.  He's not a football guy.  If I'm Douglas, I don't want to report to this guy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Lower cost of living. Lower taxes. Not a second rate franchise with bad owners. 

It's a much better destination.

If he young kids do you want to move halfway across the country or commute to Jersey from Philly allowing the kids to stay in their school 

28 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Looking forward to all those dysfunctional Texans stories in the media.

Fired Gaine in June, after letting him run free agency and the draft.

What a circus.

The media knows that only works for riling up the pessimistic jets fans .  So they use words like dysfunctional, dumpster fire, Circus ect with us .. 

and “just business” with the Texans .