Bilal is Back; Jets re-sign Free Agent Running Back

Im a huge fan of Powell and he is actually an ideal backup to Bell as he can run, catch and pass protect.  He should be limited to 10 touches per game as he is injury prone, but he is an excellent backup.  Powell is also by all accounts a good teammate and hard worker which we can't have enough of.

Personally I dont care much about Cannon or McGuire and if we went into the season with Bell, Powell, Montgomery and Jalin Marshall on the practice squad that would be a solid, versatile group for me.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope Cannon -Henderson-Valentine Adios 

Valentine has a practice squad exemption for this season. He's guaranteed a spot on the practice squad as the "11th man". He's not eligible for the 53 man roster during this season though.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Guy is 30 years old and will not be a factor. Doubt he gets 400 rushing yards if he even makes the roster this year.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

30 is not a death sentence,he still could have tread left on the tires. Let's see what happens in training camp. Personally, I'm happy to add the competition. He should make the running backs a very competitive group.

If fully healthy and given a legitimate chance to make the final roster, there is no doubt that Bilal Powell will make this team.

He is a superior blocking back, is a sure handed receiver out of the backfield, and possesses an ability to break containment for big yardage, as he has shown in the past. 

He is also an outstanding teammate, and individual.  I, for one, would be thrilled to see him, finally, be a part of a winning Jets team..

• Upvote 2

30 is not a death sentence,he still could have tread left on the tires. Let's see what happens in training camp. Personally, I'm happy to add the competition. He should make the running backs a very competitive group.
He would be the absolute perfect fit for us if he were 22 and could sit behind bell and learn. He is not 22, he is 30 and coming off a major neck injury. Bell is our rb1 for the next 3 years I doubt Powell will be running I to his mid 30s so he isn't likely to be a building block. The skill sets of the two similar which isn't a bad thing but it would be better to have a running back who can power through the middle of a tired defense sort of like LT and Greene. Powell will likely end up as our rb3 if he makes the roster which imo would be tragic because then we are holding up a roster spot with someone who isn't going to be a building block in darnolds future.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app