JetNation

Bilal is Back; Jets re-sign Free Agent Running Back

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wow no sh*t 

Trent Cannon yo

• Upvote 1

He's been useful to us-if he can find a place spelling LeVeon, why not?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

and Jalin Marshall on the practice squad that would be a solid, versatile group for me.

Huh?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

adios mcguire

• Upvote 1

This is good news. Now he has a legit shot to make the team. I feel good about it and I am rooting for him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

adios mcguire

Nope Cannon -Henderson-Valentine Adios 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope Cannon -Hendersoncannon-Valentine Adios 

cannon is special teams...  if the others replace that gunner speed, maybe, but....

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

cannon is special teams...  if the others replace that gunner speed, maybe, but....

Special teams players a dime a dozen. 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Special teams players a dime a dozen. 

guy who beats the other team down 9/10 times is not a dime a dozen...   people with your football acumen....

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

That’s awesome.  I love Powell.

• Upvote 2

Solid, versatile 3-down back whose talent takes a hot steamy dump (no racist) on the rest of the RB depth chart behind Bell. IDGAF which one he's replacing they all blow goats.

• Like 1

Skillset-wise, he's a poor, poor man's Leveon. So, at least when he's on the field spelling Leveon they can run the full offense. I guess.

He’s nota lock to make the team but I’m pulling for him. Always an underrated team guy. Has to be a popular move with the players.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope Cannon -Henderson-Valentine Adios 

Valentine has a practice squad exemption for this season. He's guaranteed a spot on the practice squad as the "11th man". He's not eligible for the 53 man roster during this season though.

• Upvote 1

We finally have depth at RB. Something we’ve lacked forever and has hurt us quite a bit  

• Upvote 2

Gase just had to get one more move in before being shuffled back to the coaches room.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Guy is 30 years old and will not be a factor. Doubt he gets 400 rushing yards if he even makes the roster this year.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

30 is not a death sentence,he still could have tread left on the tires. Let's see what happens in training camp. Personally, I'm happy to add the competition. He should make the running backs a very competitive group.

If fully healthy and given a legitimate chance to make the final roster, there is no doubt that Bilal Powell will make this team.

He is a superior blocking back, is a sure handed receiver out of the backfield, and possesses an ability to break containment for big yardage, as he has shown in the past. 

He is also an outstanding teammate, and individual.  I, for one, would be thrilled to see him, finally, be a part of a winning Jets team..

• Upvote 2

Good move, very versatile back, gives the Jets plenty of players who can catch out of the backfield.

30 is not a death sentence,he still could have tread left on the tires. Let's see what happens in training camp. Personally, I'm happy to add the competition. He should make the running backs a very competitive group.
He would be the absolute perfect fit for us if he were 22 and could sit behind bell and learn. He is not 22, he is 30 and coming off a major neck injury. Bell is our rb1 for the next 3 years I doubt Powell will be running I to his mid 30s so he isn't likely to be a building block. The skill sets of the two similar which isn't a bad thing but it would be better to have a running back who can power through the middle of a tired defense sort of like LT and Greene. Powell will likely end up as our rb3 if he makes the roster which imo would be tragic because then we are holding up a roster spot with someone who isn't going to be a building block in darnolds future.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Blake Cashman say HI. Cannon is on thin ice.

10 hours ago, JiF said:

That’s awesome.  I love Powell.

he probably wont make the team, though