It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

Joe Douglas

When will the emotional roller-coaster of a GM search come to a stop?  After days of conflicting reports as to where the Jets stood in their pursuit of GM candidate Joe Douglas, Jason McIntyre of Fox sports is reporting that the Jets have “stolen” Douglas from the Philadelphia Eagles.

JETS FANS: Great news. Two days after Douglas walked away, Jets upped their offer (in years and money) to Joe Douglas and they've stolen him from Philly. I'm told Douglas got a longer deal than Gase.

Jets CEO Christopher Johnson deserves some credit here. https://t.co/O7IeLdnuJS

— Jason McIntyre (@jasonrmcintyre) June 7, 2019

McIntyre claims that the deal Douglas will get from the Jets is longer than the deal that was given to head coach Adam Gase, an interesting side note if true.

The post Jason McIntyre: Jets Agree to Terms with Douglas appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

clsv-86tq-o

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Well...I'll say this, his tweet earlier this week was very shady and open to interpretation.  

Saying they've actually signed him is a lot different than saying "as of now" Douglas walked away.

Mr. McIntyre has put his money where his tweet is on this one.

5 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I see no other corroborating links yet. Fingers crossed.

Exaclty.  McIntyre tweeted this out about two horus ago; so either he scooped the entire internet; or he is full of sh!t.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

There is a 100% chance he will take the job and a 100% chance that he will not take the job thus we have Manish math that there is a 200% chance he will either take or not take the job.

This is 300% false!

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is a 100% chance he will take the job and a 100% chance that he will not take the job thus we have Manish math that there is a 200% chance he will either take or not take the job.

Not bad.  I'm impressed