It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

We have an offensive wizard as head coach to bring along sam darnold.  
We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.
We have Broadway Joe Douglas making all personel decisions moving forward.
It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

Good day to be a Jets fan

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

His agent is good at his job. You are never really negotiating until you leave the table 

Sexton represents Douglas, Gase, Darnold.   It was certainly to his best intrest for Douglas to go to the Jets.

Texans got suckered on this.  For once it wasn't the Jets 

Hip, Hip, Hooray.  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.

It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

CJ. I’m officially sold on the idea that he will do whatever it takes to win. 6 years 3.3m per year is not chump change. 

He’s done his part.

• Upvote 2

Just now, flgreen said:

Sexton represents Douglas, Gase, Darnold.   It was certainly to his best intrest for Douglas to go to the Jets.

Texans got suckered on this.  For once it wasn't the Jets 

Hip, Hip, Hooray.  :)

Yeah he was not  only in the drivers seat but he had gase inside as an advocate   

Texans have to make requests and conduct interviews so the pressure on Johnson was more imagined than real but the timing is not a coincidence lol.   Sexton probably got the 6th year out of it but whatever I really love Douglas’s resume 

he was the only candidate with 2nd banana status 

the other guys really were qualified for VP of  player Personnel jobs 

now get champ!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Holy sh*t! We got the best guy available!............right?.....right?..........that's what I've been hearing from Jet fans that had no clue who this guy was a couple of weeks ago. I'll take him for the sole reason that he's worked with Gase before & they should be able finish this roster so we can knock Brady & Belichick into retirement & Pats fans back into the holes they crawled out of since 2001. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A failed head coach, a DC that likely won’t be here more than 1-2 years who coached a bad defense last year, and a neophyte GM.

• Thumb Down 8

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Since CJ took over, the Jets have been unorthodox and very aggressive. 

We traded up for a QB blindly and got Darnold. We fired our GM when nobody expected it and landed a top GM candidate.

we pony up for guys like Bell and Mosley.

CJ is trying to make my team relevant. 

This. 

Christopher Johnson is a beast. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26922846/jets-name-ex-eagle-joe-douglas-their-new-gm

ESPN has the story too.  Thrilled about this move.  Let's bring that Ravens/Eagles mentality to NY! 

Now get to work Joe and bring in some OL to protect our QB!!!

Trent Brown for a 2020 third? Make it happen Joe, our new magical GM.

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

image.jpeg

Christopher Steinbrenner is The Man. 

#functional

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1