It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Adam Schefter

Jets just would not take “no” as an answer from Joe Douglas. He tried to turn down the Jets and each time he did, they came back at him harder and harder. Jets simply were not going to be denied in their efforts to land the former Eagles’ vice president of player personnel.

His agent is good at his job. You are never really negotiating until you leave the table 

• Sympathy 1

Adam Schefter
Jets just would not take “no” as an answer from Joe Douglas. He tried to turn down the Jets and each time he did, they came back at him harder and harder. Jets simply were not going to be denied in their efforts to land the former Eagles’ vice president of player personnel.

Interesting. I wonder what that really means. What were the reasons he turned them down? Is this really a good thing to have a guy who didn’t want to come?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wonder if C J will appear to make an announcement.   Yeah i guess he will, the bruise marks from Gase's finger tips can be covered by make up.  I'm gonna be listening to see if C J is a Lil horse.  lol

I'm happy this is the guy Gase wanted, deals done.  Should work

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Adam Schefter

One might say, CJ has a plan.

If CJ didn’t have the Woody stigma attached to him, we might actually like him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Interesting. I wonder what that really means. What were the reasons he turned them down? Is this really a good thing to have a guy who didn’t want to come?

Negotiating. Douglas wanted to come here. The Eagles wanted to keep him. He left a good situation working for a team that obviously values him. Enjoy the moment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5OX3LB3MZRATBFHN4RHBDJQP44.jpg

The Jets finally have their new GM in Joe Douglas, and the terms of the deal show that Gang Green was serious about getting their top choice for the position.  According to NFL insider Adam Schefter it’s a six-year deal.

Jets are giving former Eagles’ vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas a six-year deal to become their GM, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 8, 2019

The contract exceeds the deal the team gave head coach Adam Gase and puts Douglas in position to hang around for a while if things don’t work out with Gase.

The post Jets Deal With Douglas is for Six Years appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
pAn-XtkbGKg

Click here to read the full story...

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It’s negotiation, I’ve negotiated a lot of contracts and have walked out a few times but I always knew we would find a common ground.  I’m sure his agent was doing the same.  Some of it may have been contract length and working budget.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Adam Schefter

This was absolutely written by Jimmy Sexton. Guy is an alpha predator 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

Now that is a legit source!!!  Good job Chris Johnson

I think Jason McIntyre is pretty legit and right both times. Douglas walked away and CJ tossed him his checkbook along with a longer contract than Gase.

• Upvote 2