It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Time to leave SOJ behind and join me and the rest of the Loyal Order Of Optimistic Jets Fans

It’s a lot more fun over on this side.

#functional

SAR I

This is the first year in quite some time I am excited for the season and the future. Maybe we finally have the right owner because he's been pretty damn good so far. It only took him two years to uncluster**** what his brother Woody built.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Heard speculation a few days ago that Phil Savage could wind up in the front office here if we hired Douglas.

Love Savage.....talk about a guy connected to the college game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I see It doesn’t take much to get a whole bunch of you all excited about this. Relax, if asked 3 months ago, none of us would have known who he is. Now we’re all jumping for joy as if we just landed the Wayne Gretzky of GMs. 

We still have a long road ahead of us.

Ill be happy if we go 8-8 this year. If we don’t ,then am I to assume that Joe must go? Of course not. Sam is the focus.Not Gase,not Bell, not CJ and not Douglas.

At the press conference,Let’s see if Joe actually says that Sam’s development into a franchise QB is his #1, #2 & #3 priority.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Savage had positions in both the Ravens & Eagles front offices too 

Most recently he was running the Senior Bowl and he turned every rock over too bring in some talented college players.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have an offensive wizard as head coach to bring along sam darnold.  

We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.

We have Broadway Joe Douglas making all personel decisions moving forward.

It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

The bar is getting real low when simply employing a head coach, a quarterback, a defensive coordinator, and a general manager is cause for celebration.

25 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Just in time.  Texans might have complicated things.

He was all but hired a month ago. Texans never had a chance.....it was always going to be Douglas to the Jets.

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

This is the first year in quite some time I am excited for the season and the future. Maybe we finally have the right owner because he's been pretty damn good so far. It only took him two years to uncluster**** what his brother Woody built.

I don't think this was some sort of master plan by CJ. I'm glad we snagged Douglas though. Best candidate out of the bunch. I just hope he doesn't feel personally indebted to Gase for getting the job.

• Thumb Down 1

Very happy!  I'm much more optimistic about this guy than the last three GMs who were clearly not suited to being the boss.  Certainly, Douglas might end up awful, too, as the Peter Principle is real and relentless.  But, he looks like a good, legitimate GM prospect.

His first task is to establish his dominance over Gase, no matter how friendly the two have been in the past.

This is light years better than the Mets hiring Brodie boy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't think this was some sort of master plan by CJ.

Lets give credit due when it is deserved. Douglas was the guy BEFORE Mac got fired so I'm not sure how you can say this wasn't his masterplan. 

• Upvote 2