jayrad01

It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Six years is a hell of a long time

That gives him plenty of time to build a team and coaching staff that he wants. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Lets give credit due when it is deserved. Douglas was the guy BEFORE Mac got fired so I'm not sure how you can say this wasn't his masterplan. 

And how do we know this????

• Butt Fumble 3

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We havent won a super bowl since the summer of love.  Where do you think the bar is?

In my Family room and I am at it now.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have an offensive wizard as head coach to bring along sam darnold.  

We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.

We have Broadway Joe Douglas making all personel decisions moving forward.

It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

This post should get put in the Jet Nation HOF.  Because its 100% true.

I just put in the other threat, that 6 months ago this organization had Bowles, kacy rogers, Mac and Jeremy Bates and now we have a very well respected GM in Douglas, Gase and Greg Williams - its a miracle that our staff is now those guys.  How we got there is meaningless.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Personally indebted?  Douglas just got $19 million dollars, he should be happy as sh*t right now.

I have criticized woody and CJ a lot (deserved) but this isnt out money, doesnt count against the cap and got us an excellent "potential" GM.  Lets hope it works out, but CJ did everything an owner should.

6 months ago this team had Mike Mac, Todd Bowles, Jeremy Bates and Kacy Rogers.  We now have Joe Douglas, Adam Gase and Greg Williams  - thats a goddamn miracle.

I"m happy we got Douglas. It's not about him. It's not about Williams. It's about Gase. I'm not sold on him. I wish him the best. Been a Jet fan for 30 yrs.

47 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

A failed head coach, a DC that likely won’t be here more than 1-2 years who coached a bad defense last year, and a neophyte GM.

Waaaaaaaa......    waaaaaaaaaaa..... WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have an offensive wizard as head coach to bring along sam darnold.  

We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.

We have Broadway Joe Douglas making all personel decisions moving forward.

It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

Offensive wizard? 

459F4263-F743-401D-B287-26DDCE4C7975.jpeg

• Butt Fumble 1

21 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The bar is getting real low when simply employing a head coach, a quarterback, a defensive coordinator, and a general manager is cause for celebration.

If it took this long was  it really that simple? 

We still have a long road ahead of us.
Ill be happy if we go 8-8 this year. If we don’t ,then am I to assume that Joe must go?
If ever there was a GM with a 'pass' year, it's Joe Douglas. Sure, there's room to make a couple of moves, but the guy wasn't involved in retention, free agency or the draft. He'd have to sh*t in Chris Johnson's hat to get fired this year.

I don't think this was some sort of master plan by CJ. I'm glad we snagged Douglas though. Best candidate out of the bunch. I just hope he doesn't feel personally indebted to Gase for getting the job.

Who cares if it was a plan or not? Sometimes things just work out you know?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, genot said:

And how do we know this????

It was reported a month ago. Put two and two together and it was always going to be Douglas. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Will be interesting to see if Douglas is aggressive from the start with Darius Slay and Trent Williams out there for potential trades. Either one would nicely fill a position of need.

oh boy....here we go....so is this a requirement for Douglas? 

Does he have to trade for one of these guys and if he doesn't will he be consider a failure in his initial few weeks/months as Jets GM?

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Who cares if it was a plan or not? Sometimes things just work out you know?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I hear you. I'm looking foward now. I's done.

• Upvote 2

Just now, IndianaJet said:

oh boy....here we go....so is this a requirement for Douglas? 

Does he have to trade for one of these guys and if he doesn't will he be consider a failure in his initial few weeks/months as Jets GM?

Id love to pay a 2nd and Beachum for Trent Williams. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This post should get put in the Jet Nation HOF.  Because its 100% true.

I just put in the other threat, that 6 months ago this organization had Bowles, kacy rogers, Mac and Jeremy Bates and now we have a very well respected GM in Douglas, Gase and Greg Williams - its a miracle that our staff is now those guys.  How we got there is meaningless.

Just wait until Douglas starts announcing his staff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

It was reported a month ago. Put two and two together and it was always going to be Douglas. 

Oh okay. After Gase convinced ownership a change was needed in the front office.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Houston just fired Gaine 1 year into a 5 year contract.  No biggie.

Gained drafted a LT in 1st round and RT in the 2nd in his first and only draft as Texans GM!!!! Damn boy.... go big or go home  

He ended up going home 😂😭

Hire this guy! The antithesis of MacDaddy 

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

How is it making a mess of things when you get one of the most coveted up and coming GM candidates.

What the press sees as “mess” is actually an aggressive owner crushing it. 

#function

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, genot said:

Oh okay. After Gase convinced ownership a change was needed in the front office.

More than likely....he knew Mac sucked at his job and I'm sure CJ being able to spend some time around the team could see the dysfunction on every level.

If you look back at the timeline of how things happened, what was reported, and the fact they all share an agent should have led everyone to believe that it was Douglas all along. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Gained drafted a LT in 1st round and RT in the 2nd in his first and only draft as Texans GM!!!! Damn boy.... go big or go home  

He ended up going home 😂😭

Hire this guy! The antithesis of MacDaddy 

There has to be something deeper that no one knows about for him to be fired now.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Personally indebted?  Douglas just got $19 million dollars, he should be happy as sh*t right now.

I have criticized woody and CJ a lot (deserved) but this isnt out money, doesnt count against the cap and got us an excellent "potential" GM.  Lets hope it works out, but CJ did everything an owner should.

6 months ago this team had Mike Mac, Todd Bowles, Jeremy Bates and Kacy Rogers.  We now have Joe Douglas, Adam Gase and Greg Williams  - thats a goddamn miracle.

Like going from a hut to the Taj Mahal.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just wait until Douglas starts announcing his staff. 

Not sure how difficult it will be to build that staff. Can teams block some candidates who are under contract? What candidates are presently unemployed? Truthfully do’s anyone have some available names?

Just now, Bocajetfan said:

Not sure how difficult it will be to build that staff. Can teams block some candidates who are under contract? What candidates are presently unemployed? Truthfully do’s anyone have some available names?

It's already been compiled, we'll just hear about it throughout the next week.

Now imagine how sweet it would be to steal Douglas from the Eagles and finally beat them this year with him on the Jets staff. Hopefully Douglas is a good GM, next year is going to he crucial for drafting WR and LT.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

More than likely....he knew Mac sucked at his job and I'm sure CJ being able to spend some time around the team could see the dysfunction on every level.

If you look back at the timeline of how things happened, what was reported, and the fact they all share an agent should have led everyone to believe that it was Douglas all along. 

He only was aware of this dysfunction after Gase got his ear. If that's true CJ was a big part of the dysfunction. I really want to look foward now. Makes no sense to look back at how things went down. I'll say this for the last time. I have a real problem with someone who hasn't earned the right to throw his weight around, being allowed to do just that.

I have a real problem with someone who hasn't earned the right to throw his weight around, being allowed to do just that.
Are you talking about CJ, Gase, or both?