It’s Official Douglas Jets GM: MERGED

The thought is that Douglas is planning to add some heavy hitters into his scouting department, and he wanted to make sure the Jets set aside a big enough budget for this. Very happy that this franchise has finally learned you have to pay in order to land top tier FO talent.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I see It doesn’t take much to get a whole bunch of you all excited about this. Relax, if asked 3 months ago, none of us would have known who he is. Now we’re all jumping for joy as if we just landed the Wayne Gretzky of GMs. 

We still have a long road ahead of us.

Ill be happy if we go 8-8 this year. If we don’t ,then am I to assume that Joe must go? Of course not. Sam is the focus.Not Gase,not Bell, not CJ and not Douglas.

At the press conference,Let’s see if Joe actually says that Sam’s development into a franchise QB is his #1, #2 & #3 priority.

Hey buddy, don't tether the fans happiness tonight, let us be happy for awhile before you try to rain on our parade. And actually what the hell do you think he is going to say at his presser? get real!

giphy.gif

• Sympathy 2

I see It doesn’t take much to get a whole bunch of you all excited about this. Relax, if asked 3 months ago, none of us would have known who he is. Now we’re all jumping for joy as if we just landed the Wayne Gretzky of GMs. 

We still have a long road ahead of us.

Ill be happy if we go 8-8 this year. If we don’t ,then am I to assume that Joe must go? Of course not. Sam is the focus.Not Gase,not Bell, not CJ and not Douglas.

At the press conference,Let’s see if Joe actually says that Sam’s development into a franchise QB is his #1, #2 & #3 priority.

Dude, you’re harshing my buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Gase
That's why I think the length of the process and the back and forth is a good sign: I think theres no way Douglas settled for anything less than final say on the 53. He's not goo g to be Gase's puppet. If he was he would have been signed 30 seconds after he landed.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have an offensive wizard as head coach to bring along sam darnold.  

We have one of the greatest defensive minds in the game today who will lead an aggressive, ball hawking style of defense.

We have Broadway Joe Douglas making all personel decisions moving forward.

It is like we have an actual plan and know what the hell we are doing.  Who is responsible for this?  Chris Johnson?

Unknown.jpg.61df6dc0fac40a631684c62b50f37c67.jpg  I can't wait to see what Gandalf Gase can do with the offense. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The bar is getting real low when simply employing a head coach, a quarterback, a defensive coordinator, and a general manager is cause for celebration.

The days of the SOJF as a negative pied piper leading all the gullible sad sacks around on discussion forums is coming to an end.

When the Jets are good, you go bad.  Obsolete.  It's a shame really.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I know! The mods are drinking too much beer in celebration to combine those bad boys!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I am here and I haven't been this happy about the Jets Organization in decades!!!

In truth I have had moments when I was excited about the team playing well but I have had my concerns with my Jets organization.  With this move alone I get the feeling that Christopher Johnson gets it and I couldn't be any more happier because we will now have a chance as a team and a fan base to win and enjoy a fantastic product to BOOT!!!

So keep the posts and threads coming IMO!! :)  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Wonder if they match Gase. If Douglas has the years and the per year advantage- then he’s the guy now.

No way they would or should give a guy like Gase a 6 year contract. Almost no coach in the league deserves that kind of term, especially as a new hire.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

How does this compare to what other GMs are paid? 

Exactly.  (I'll betcha it's a lot more than idzick's)

Not sure if it is even public information.  Every penny of all players compensation from their teams is tracked and viewable (except for Brady's of course).  But why would disclosure be mandatory for GMs, coaches, coordinators and anyone in the front office?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Good news.  When is the last time a plan came together like this for the Jets.  Now, lets hope the guy is a decent GM.

That's the key or all this hype is for nothing. Like everyone else I'm just glad it's over.