Poll: How happy are you that Joe Douglas is our GM?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: How happy are you that Joe Douglas is our GM?

• Ecstatic
    • Happy about it
    • It's a so-so move
    • Unhappy about it
    • Very disappointed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2019 at 04:53 AM

Indifferent..  I'd like to hear what he has to say and what he actually does.

Will take a while to form an opinion one way or the other.

So far I really like what Gase and Williams are doing so this could work out quite nicely.

• Upvote 1

Very happy about it.

I had no idea who he was a few weeks ago.

What I do know, is that we got one of the top, most well regarded, names available, as opposed to the past two guys who were on nobody's radar, and who has worked for some quality organizations around some quality NFL people.

Who knows what will happen, but from the information we have, this is a quality hire.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Indifferent..  I'd like to hear what he has to say and what he actually does.

Will take a while to form an opinion one way or the other.

So far I really like what Gase and Williams are doing so this could work out quite nicely.

I like the food at Top Golf. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty damn thrilled

The Jets just landed a premier GM candidate who cut his teeth with Ozzy Newsome and Eric DeCosta for 16 years and has been a part of 3 Super Bowl winning teams.

Not sure how anyone could be less than excited about the direction the team is currently headed in.

Between Darnold, Bell, Adams, Mosley, Quinnen, the shakeup of the front office and coaching staff, the new uniforms, etc this is the most stoked I’ve been about the team in at least a decade.

Could not have said it better.  If you are not excited about whats going on here, when would u ever get excited about this team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I am happy about it.  have no way of knowing if Douglas will or will not be a good GM, but he was our first choice.  Apparently a guy tht was thought of as one of the best young GM candidates out there, a guy who likely would have gotten opportunity elsewhere either next season (or next week or two in Houston).  We did what we had to and got the guy we wnated.  Hard not to be happy with that.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty damn thrilled

The Jets just landed a premier GM candidate who cut his teeth with Ozzy Newsome and Eric DeCosta for 16 years and has been a part of 3 Super Bowl winning teams.

Not sure how anyone could be less than excited about the direction the team is currently headed in.

Between Darnold, Bell, Adams, Mosley, Quinnen, the shakeup of the front office and coaching staff, the new uniforms, etc this is the most stoked I’ve been about the team in at least a decade.

This^ 

If this offense takes off...oh man the possibilities

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am happy about it.  have no way of knowing if Douglas will or will not be a good GM, but he was our first choice.  Apparently a guy tht was thought of as one of the best young GM candidates out there, a guy who likely would have gotten opportunity elsewhere either next season (or next week or two in Houston).  We did what we had to and got the guy we wnated.  Hard not to be happy with that.

I think he'll do great as our GM.....he was also the only candidate that will be able to put together a top notch staff. 

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty damn thrilled

His hire means nothing unless he can hire a great supporting cast. It's not like like this guy pulls great draft picks out of his a$$. Sure, he learned under the right people but that doesn't mean he has any idea what he's doing hiring staff.

I'm as happy as sombody who thinks the moon landing is fake can be. You can't tell me 2024 is an impossible goal when the phone I'm typing on has exponentially more computing power than the Apollo space ships. If it helps I think flat Earth is retarded and the first thing I'm doing if I win the lotto is buying them a boat to prove it..... Pretty happy though. Looking to fist fight Tom Shane. He's my hero but I know that guy believes we made it past the Van Allen Belt ?

• Post of the Week 1

• Ecstatic                                                                             49
  •  
  • Happy about it                                                                 53
  •  
  • It's a so-so move                                                                6
  •  
  • Unhappy about it                                                               0
  •  
  • Very disappointed                                                               1
Really???... someone is Very Disappointed with this hire???... So Jetsy.

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

• Ecstatic                                                                             49
  •  
  • Happy about it                                                                 53
  •  
  • It's a so-so move                                                                6
  •  
  • Unhappy about it                                                               0
  •  
  • Very disappointed                                                               1
Really???... someone is Very Disappointed with this hire???... So Jetsy.

image.png.5ea8e98fcf43a094ba228a80b33f87c6.png

• Upvote 1