Why does everyone love Douglas?

I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so happy about the hire. What has he done that warrants this type of excitement? Was he that instrumental in building the Philly super Bowl team? Was he the one who orchestrated the Wentz trade?

• Thumb Down 7
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jets hire Adam Gase... "What has Gase ever done?" Jets hire Greg Williams... "What makes Williams so special? Jets hire Joe Douglas..."What makes Douglas such a big deal?" Jets win Supe

He is highly regarded throughout the league as a talented executive who has worked his way up through two highly respected franchises.  While there are no guarantees that he will be successful the exp

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so happy about the hire. What has he done that warrants this type of excitement? Was he that instrumental in building the Philly super Bowl team? Was he the one who orchestrated the Wentz trade?

because no matter how you scramble the letters of his name, you can't spell:  M  A  C  C

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jets hire Adam Gase... "What has Gase ever done?"

Jets hire Greg Williams... "What makes Williams so special?

Jets hire Joe Douglas..."What makes Douglas such a big deal?"

Jets win Super Bowl... "What make the Jets think they're so special?"

You can take the Jets fan out of the gloom, but you can't take the gloom out of the Jets fan.

So sad....but so true

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You can take the Jets fan out of the gloom, but you can't take the gloom out of the Jets fan.

Woody f*cked up the LOGO!

• Haha 2

I don't care one way or another but just learning he's not a big believer in analytics is pretty funny..  all these DVOYROJ heroes who were yanking their cranks about getting rid of Macc for Douglas have been sold a bill of goods.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

One of these things is not like the others

“You guys will never be satisfied,” says fans of 16-win in 3-year team to fans of same 16-win in 3-year team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Most Jet fans crown people before they earn it. This fan base is plagued by it. I’m personally happy that we got him and HOPE he can do well. I feel the same way about Gase. Time will tell. 

29 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Douglas is a very soothing name. 

All the best Jets GM's have had three-syllable names:

Weeb Eubank
Bill Parcells
Joe Douglas

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
41 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Cmon LIL. I think almost all fans are happy with what transpired today and are voicing it.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't care one way or another but just learning he's not a big believer in analytics is pretty funny..  all these DVOYROJ heroes who were yanking their cranks about getting rid of Macc for Douglas have been sold a bill of goods.

He'll still use analytics like any competent GM should. He already said how he values the openness and input from his scouts whether they butt heads or not. 

• Upvote 2

16 years spent working with Ozzy Newsome and Eric DeCosta while winning 2 Super Bowls.

Has been cap guru Howie Roseman’s “football guy” throughout the Eagles resurgence after canning Chip Kelly and winning his 3rd Super Bowl.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I'm happy because he is not Mac or Idzik.