Portnoy: Todd McShay to join Joe Douglas on Jets staff

20 minutes ago, David Harris said:

On another thread people thought it was a joke. Who is Portnoy?

Founder and creator of Barstool Sports.  It's tough to actually say if its a joke because of how they operate, but they've broken legitimate NFL news in the past and people didn't believe them (myself included), despite the news being correct.  He's also good friends with Douglas and McShay.  I actually believe him and McShay go wayyyyy back.

Typically Portnoy wouldn't put something out there, only to have egg on his face later, which makes this surprising. 

Who knows though?  It's 2:30AM and I just wanna talk football so I am entertaining this, lmfao.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Founder and creator of Barstool Sports.  It's tough to actually say if its a joke because of how they operate, but they've broken legitimate NFL news in the past and people didn't believe them (myself included), despite the news being correct.  He's also good friends with Douglas and McShay.

Typically Portnoy wouldn't put something out there, only to have egg on his face later, which makes this surprising. 

Who knows though?  It's 2:30AM and I just wanna talk football so I am entertaining this, lmfao.

Yeah I am always hesitant because they joke so much.

• Upvote 2

Todd McShay

This isn’t confirmed but Dave Portnoy (Barstool Sports) has tweeted that ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay is set to join the Jets staff. Reportedly as VP of player personnel. McShay has a history with newly hired GM Joe Douglas as they are former college roommates and teammates at the University of Richmond.

Breaking: I’m now hearing @McShay13 is joining his college roommate Joe Douglas with @nyjets as VP of Personal.

— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) June 8, 2019

Some background info on Todd McShay:

McShay had worked as an undergraduate team equipment manager at the University of Richmond before landing an internship with former NFL scout Gary Horton in 1998. Following graduation, McShay worked full-time for “The War Room”, (1999–2006) a start-up publication created by Horton eventually bought by ESPN and renamed “Scouts Inc.

He joined ESPN in 2006 as a football analyst, providing in-depth scouting information on college football players across the country. He makes regular appearances on a number of ESPN programs, including ESPNU Coaches SpotlightSportsCenter, and ESPN Radio focusing on the NFL Draft. He is often featured alongside ESPN college football analyst Mel Kiper, Jr.

McShay is well known for his mock drafts and here is something interesting. In McShay’s mock from April 3rd, he had the Jets selecting Josh Allen. Quinnen Williams was still on the board in this mock draft.

McShay.png

Be sure to check out our forums to read more about the Todd McShay to the Jets rumor.

The post Portnoy (Barstool) Says Todd McShay to Join Jets Staff appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
M7skErorxc4

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

Clearly the Jets are going all out with the GM, and his staff. Chris Johnson looks like he’s dragging his FO and HC into the 21st Century.

GM Mike Maccagnan

HC Todd Bowles

OC Jeremy Bates

DC Kacey Rogers 

GM Joe Douglas 

HC/OC Adam Gase

OC Dowell Loggains

DC Greg Williams 

Wow what a difference!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Clearly the Jets are going all out with the GM, and his staff. Chris Johnson looks like he’s dragging his FO and HC into the 21st Century.

GM Mike Maccagnan

HC Todd Bowles

OC Jeremy Bates

DC Kacey Rogers 

GM Joe Douglas 

HC/OC Adam Gase

OC Dowell Loggains

DC Greg Williams 

Wow what a difference!

Dowell Loggains easily the worst of all of them. But since he was Spence on king of queens he gets a pass from me Lol ..

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

On another thread people thought it was a joke. Who is Portnoy?

He’s a misogynistic dirtbag who doesn’t know the difference between personal and personnel. Giving him any credence or seriousness is laughable, even if he ends up being correct. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s a misogynistic dirtbag who doesn’t know the difference between personal and personnel. Giving him any credence or seriousness is laughable, even if he ends up being correct. 

Isn't Barstool Sports very successful? Plus he pokes Goodell every chance he gets. So he's from Boston? who cares if he's funny.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Isn't Barstool Sports very successful? Plus he pokes Goodell every chance he gets. So he's from Boston? who cares if he's funny.

Barstool is extremely successful and Portnoy is tight with McShay, they grew up playing baseball together.  McShay actually judged the "Barstool combine" years ago.

The thing about him breaking this "news" is that he may be joking - hes not a reporter, so he isnt going to lose credibility if its a joke.

44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think Portnoy is actually hysterical, a truly original and interesting character in a time of a million guys all on cable TV and sports radio who are intolerable, this guy is a blast. The way he trolls Goodell is enough alone to like him , and as some have pointed out Barstool actually does break real sports news , who knows about this Mcshay stuff but either way I think Barstool is fantastic . 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

McShay is the worst of all those fake tv scouts.

He’s truly horrible. The major plus is that it gets McShay off the air. It can work if they’re planning on using McShay in a team spokesman-type role where he does radio hits and PR work. Lord knows he has nothing to add from a player evaluation standpoint. His whole career is aping Kiper and, every so often, slightly contradicting him as a means to manufacture a lame, short-lived debate segment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

He’s truly horrible. The major plus is that it gets McShay off the air. It can work if there’s planning on using McShay in a team spokesman-type role where he does radio hits and PR work. Lord knows he has nothing to add from a player evaluation standpoint. His whole career is aping Kiper and, every so often, slightly contradicting him as a means to manufacture a lame, short-lived debate segment. 

He can replace Eric Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk