Maxman

Portnoy: Todd McShay to join Joe Douglas on Jets staff

Just now, ComfortablyNumb said:

He can replace Eric Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen can keep doing what he does, which is whatever it is Allen does(?). 

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

On another thread people thought it was a joke. Who is Portnoy?

And what does he really know?

20190608_081228.thumb.jpg.369c4515809179f898df17fe9754fbc8.jpg

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<shivers>

Take yourself and your mind out of the dumpster if you can. 

Image result for 1 bite pizza review shirts

• Haha 1

“Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd”

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Mcshay is a better analyst than kiper for sure but he never struck me as an independently good talent evaluator, 

For sure ? That's your opinion which is OK but not shared by everyone. When McShay 1st appeared on the ESPN draft scene it seemed whatever Mel said he disagreed just to be different, get noticed. Didn't care for him because of that and my buddies and I referred to him as a Mel Wannabe or Todd McD*ck. . This year he actually seemed, to me, to noticeably work WITH Mel. I enjoyed the draft this year more so because of that. Just one mans opinion.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s truly horrible. The major plus is that it gets McShay off the air. It can work if they’re planning on using McShay in a team spokesman-type role where he does radio hits and PR work. Lord knows he has nothing to add from a player evaluation standpoint. His whole career is aping Kiper and, every so often, slightly contradicting him as a means to manufacture a lame, short-lived debate segment. 

Couldn't agree more, you nailed it IMHO . Shocking yes I know. lol

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

“Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd,Todd”

:smilies2_puke:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Dowell Loggains easily the worst of all of them. But since he was Spence on king of queens he gets a pass from me Lol ..

Notice I called Gase the HC/OC, Loggains is his water boy.

• Haha 1

Not sure what McShay makes over at ESPN, but I imagine it is like quadruple what he would make with Jets.  

McShay is hands down the worst draftnik out there.  So this is neat.

No way this is true.   No way Todd leaves his very well paid job at ESPN.  

If he leaves and the jets don’t draft well and it fails he can’t go back.  Why would he risk it?  

Mel been doing it for years and years, Todd has an almost life time gig. He ain’t risking that.  

He’s truly horrible. The major plus is that it gets McShay off the air. It can work if they’re planning on using McShay in a team spokesman-type role where he does radio hits and PR work. Lord knows he has nothing to add from a player evaluation standpoint. His whole career is aping Kiper and, every so often, slightly contradicting him as a means to manufacture a lame, short-lived debate segment. 

That and you assume a guy like McShay does have some scout connections.  And while you're not going to take his word on what he disseminates from a scouting report, he could be useful to understand how other teams feel about certain players...who's targeting who and when sorta of thing. Though, he wasnt good at using that info to his advantage in his last job so who knows.

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Mcshay is a better analyst than kiper for sure but he never struck me as an independently good talent evaluator, 

But talent evaluation to sell clicks and viewership is slightly different than talent evaluation for building a team and keeping a job. 

• Upvote 1

?

What does that mean?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

1200px-Twisted_Sister_-_Wacken_Open_Air_

Any sports blogger out there with the last name Peart or Bruford?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Rather have Jeremiah or Savage come over with Douglas.  

I was excited when I heard about the potential of Jeremiah. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

?

What does that mean?

Mimicking 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

That and you assume a guy like McShay does have some scout connections.  And while you're not going to take his word on what he disseminates from a scouting report, he could be useful to understand how other teams feel about certain players...who's targeting who and when sorta of thing. Though, he wasnt good at using that info to his advantage in his last job so who knows.

Word. And he’s got media connections, too, which the Jets sorely need. As long as McShay isn’t running the draft room, it might be a savvy hire.

14 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

No way this is true.   No way Todd leaves his very well paid job at ESPN.  

If he leaves and the jets don’t draft well and it fails he can’t go back.  Why would he risk it?  

Mel been doing it for years and years, Todd has an almost life time gig. He ain’t risking that.  

McShay might see himself in a tough spot at ESPN. Mel is never retiring, and there are a sh*tload of fake draft analysts coming up who do more compelling TV hits than McShay that would cost ESPN a quarter of what they’re paying him. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Fluid, as in diarrhea?

McShay confirms that he is an option for JD. Per Cimini. 

Jeremiah made sense because of his pro scouting background. I don't think McShay has anywhere near the experience Jeremiah has.

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) Tweeted:
I think the Jets hit a HR with the bases loaded with their picks for HC and GM. Joe Douglas wanted @nflnetwork's Daniel Jeremiah to join him in NY but that's not happening. Another person who has spent time in the media, Phil Savage, could be Douglas' guy. https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1137166800456626176?s=17

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

?

What does that mean?

really??? 

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) Tweeted:
I think the Jets hit a HR with the bases loaded with their picks for HC and GM. Joe Douglas wanted @nflnetwork's Daniel Jeremiah to join him in NY but that's not happening. Another person who has spent time in the media, Phil Savage, could be Douglas' guy. https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1137166800456626176?s=17

Does Gil mean a grand slam  :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, David Harris said:

Who is Portnoy?

BarstoolSports guy. He gets bigger as the world gets dumber ... coincidence?

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

McShay might see himself in a tough spot at ESPN. Mel is never retiring, and there are a sh*tload of fake draft analysts coming up who do more compelling TV hits than McShay that would cost ESPN a quarter of what they’re paying him. 

Flip side, he’s got a cushy no stress job which continues to afford him high visibility, and more job security than he would have with the jets.