Portnoy: Todd McShay to join Joe Douglas on Jets staff

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Word. And he’s got media connections, too, which the Jets sorely need. As long as McShay isn’t running the draft room, it might be a savvy hire.

even if he is part of the draft room, he would have insight into other teams picks and is a clear upgrade to Mac based on this comments that he would trade down if he were the Jets or take Allen (even if not BPA because need is part of the decision)

McShay's pick: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

"The Jets badly need some pass-rushing off the edge, so while I think Quinnen Williams is the better player, I'd take Allen and his 17 sacks for Kentucky last season."

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

even if he is part of the draft room, he would have insight into other teams picks and is a clear upgrade to Mac based on this comments that he would trade down if he were the Jets or take Allen (even if not BPA because need is part of the decision)

McShay's pick: Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

"The Jets badly need some pass-rushing off the edge, so while I think Quinnen Williams is the better player, I'd take Allen and his 17 sacks for Kentucky last season."

What does this even mean? These fap threads are insane.

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

In this context it means saying one guy is a 'clear upgrade' over the other on the basis of one mock draft pick.

ok, fair enough, in this case, I think the real pick at #3 was a luxury pick for a team that needed to first support their potential franchise QB and second fill a few glaring holes on the roster (OL, CB and Edge) - The pick was especially damming without a high draft pick trade in place for one of the other DT's  - the Jets will have 15-20% of cap invested in DT's and did not solve any problems, Mac deserved to be fired

Mcshay said he would trade down or draft pass rush Josh Allen if stuck with the pick, IMHO that's an upgrade, but to your point, I would probably think most people would be an upgrade over Mac after the last four years, also Mcshay had hack as a top rated QB in 2015 so there's that...

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Portnoy Bar Stool Sports has this great shirt. 

Image result for god damn jets

I personally find this shirt offensive! Is there no other way to express oneself apart from an assault on the holiness of God.... I guess I was raised differently. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A real insider would have had the scoop on Andre Wadsworth signing with the Jets.

Loved that the guy who worked for him at one of his dealerships signed up here and told me via PM. Also loved that we broke the story and nobody gave us credit. Wish he would have made the team, that scoop was short lived.

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I personally find this shirt offensive! Is there no other way to express oneself apart from an assault on the holiness of God.... I guess I was raised differently. 

I apologize if you are offended but its no way offending God. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

They pretty much disagree on everything.

Mel: I like player x a lot. People in the league tell me that x has all the tools.

McShay: I don’t know about that. I think player y is better, Mel.

Mel: <eyeroll>

(a week passes)

McShay: Player X has all the tools and people in the league really like him. 

Mel: <contemplates suicide>

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mel: I like player x a lot. People in the league tell me that x has all the tools.

McShay: I don’t know about that. I think player y is better, Mel.

Mel: <eyeroll>

(a week passes)

McShay: Player X has all the tools and people in the league really like him. 

Mel: <contemplates suicide>

Exactly.

No one is copying anyone.

Its the ESPN guide of sports talk.  ASmith and Max and every other show they put on

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I apologize if you are offended but its no way offending God. 

I'm no saint joewilly. I've used that phrase in anger many times, but always feel guilty after I've done it.

However the idea that any adult might want to buy and/or wear that shirt is amazing to me. Then again, it seems I see tee shirts with offensive expressions on them more and more often. I always wonder if a person who would choose to put on something like that is making a conscience decision to have everyone they encounter that day think they're an idiot.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm no saint joewilly. I've used that phrase in anger many times, but always feel guilty after I've done it.

However the idea that any adult might want to buy and/or wear that shirt is amazing to me. Then again, it seems I see tee shirts with offensive expressions on them more and more often. I always wonder if a person who would choose to put on something like that is making a conscience decision to have everyone they encounter that day think they're an idiot.

STOP you and I both know that this shirt means nothing offensive towards God,it's an expression we've all used. 

It originated form the Adam Sandler movie years ago. 

I wear the shirt proudly the main subject matter is the Jets. 

Image result for god damn jets pics

I bought this shirt at a religious store that sells bibles and religious items. 

Image result for new york jets jesus shirt

Bar Stool Sports store sells some humorous t-shirts. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP you and I both know that this shirt means nothing offensive towards God,it's an expression we've all used. 

It originated form the Adam Sandler movie years ago. 

I wear the shirt proudly the main subject matter is the Jets. 

Image result for god damn jets pics

I bought this shirt at a religious store that sells bibles and religious items. 

Image result for new york jets jesus shirt

Bar Stool Sports store sells some humorous t-shirts. 

Joe, just explain to them that you don’t wear shirts anyway.

• Haha 3