Portnoy: Todd McShay to join Joe Douglas on Jets staff

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm no saint joewilly. I've used that phrase in anger many times, but always feel guilty after I've done it.

However the idea that any adult might want to buy and/or wear that shirt is amazing to me. Then again, it seems I see tee shirts with offensive expressions on them more and more often. I always wonder if a person who would choose to put on something like that is making a conscience decision to have everyone they encounter that day think they're an idiot.

Or maybe grow a pair and stop being so sensitive.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

benny hill wtf GIF

+1 for the Benny Hill reference. FTR Last week I did the Benny Hill tap to one of my bald, 30 year old employees. Needless to say he was less than thrilled and had never heard of Benny Hill.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

It's a funny shirt, thanks for posting it.

As for commandments and other superstitions, I have no problem with someone's religion telling them they can't do something. I have a huge ******* problem when ppl think their religion means other ppl can't do something. 

It's not a funny shirt.

I happen to agree with what you said about people and religion. I also think that anyone who'd buy and wear that shirt is an idiot looking for attention by trying to offend people.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Or maybe grow a pair and stop being so sensitive.

You want to condone idiocy, that's your business. Just wear that shirt among a group of intelligent people the next time you want them to know you aren't.

The man who would wear that is the one "sensitive about needing a bigger pair".    #compensating

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's not a funny shirt.

I happen to agree with what you said about people and religion. I also think that anyone who'd buy and wear that shirt is an idiot looking for attention by trying to offend people.

I think anyone offended by it or doesn't like it is an idiot. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think anyone offended by it or doesn't like it is an idiot. 

That's fine Joe. You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

I guess it just comes down to how a person wants to present themselves in public.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I guess it just comes down to how a person wants to present themselves in public.

It's from an Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy not intended or meant to offend or disparage God or religion in any way. 

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

happen to agree with what you said about people and religion. I also think that anyone who'd buy and wear that shirt is an idiot looking for attention by trying to offend people.

I actually don't believe a single person bought that shirt to offend people or disrespect their God .  

I think its more about the Jets than offending God or followers.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I actually don't believe a single person bought that shirt to offend people.  

I think its more about the Jets than offending God or followers.  

I get what you're saying, and I understand that joewilly feels it's "just a funny line from a movie."

Probably the best way I can explain this is with this example. Lets say you're invited to a house party or bbq. There are about 40 middle aged people there, most of whom you haven't met. You're wearing that tee shirt. What do you think goes through everyone's mind when they see it? Do you think you'd be making a good first impression?

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's from an Adam Sandler movie Big Daddy not intended or meant to offend or disparage God or religion in any way. 

I get that Joe. I saw the movie. It was a funny scene, and it made me laugh.

All I'm saying is I don't find it funny at all when it's on a tee shirt. But that's me. If you're comfortable wearing it, fine.

Think about this though. If you have to explain to people why something you're wearing isn't REALLY meant to offend, wouldn't it occur to you that it might not be appropriate?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I get what you're saying, and I understand that joewilly feels it's "just a funny line from a movie."

Probably the best way I can explain this is with this example. Lets say you're invited to a house party or bbq. There are about 40 middle aged people there, most of whom you haven't met. You're wearing that tee shirt. What do you think goes through everyone's mind when they see it? Do you think you'd be making a good first impression?

I get that Joe. I saw the movie. It was a funny scene, and it made me laugh.

All I'm saying is I don't find it funny at all when it's on a tee shirt. But that's me. If you're comfortable wearing it, fine.

Think about this though. If you have to explain to people why something you're wearing isn't REALLY meant to offend, wouldn't it occur to you that it might not be appropriate?

That would probably be a bbq I would never attend with people like that. 

Ive worn the shirt many times I wore it to training camp last season and I was asked by many where did you get that shirt. 

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Don't know how this is going over so many peoples heads.

if your offended by that t shirt you probably get offended by everything.

I'm not offended, and it didn't go over my head.

I'm saying whether you think the shirt is funny doesn't change the fact that most people you encounter while wearing it aren't going to think too highly of you. If that's ok with you, go ahead and wear it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That would probably be a bbq I would never attend with people like that. 

Ive worn the shirt many times I wore it to training camp last season and I was asked by many where did you get that shirt. 

If anything, seeing one wear that shirt would improve my first impression of someone. Now there's a guy with a sense of humor and great tastes in football teams. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, freestater said:

...in 1952.

You might be right. Maybe it's an age thing. I'm over 60, and I don't find the shirt funny at all. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

The reason I'm asking  is this "1952" comment, and that you said in another post that seeing a person wear it would make you think more highly of them.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You might be right. Maybe it's an age thing. I'm over 60, and I don't find the shirt funny at all. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

The reason I'm asking  is this "1952" comment, and that you said in another post that seeing a person wear it would make you think more highly of them.  

I'm 48.

38 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm saying whether you think the shirt is funny doesn't change the fact that most people you encounter while wearing it aren't going to think too highly of you. If that's ok with you, go ahead and wear it.

I stopped caring about what other people think about me a long time ago, and Im a much happier person. You should try it. Why go through life worrying about what other people think and what other people want you to do. Do whatever makes you happy

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

So now this board ( Which when it come down to it is words in space)has become a place to discuss what people should wear and how it is presented. Everyone can do whatever they want, just be aware there may be consequences. Buttfumble the post and move on. My God.

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Daniel Jeremiah basically said he’s not going anywhere. So looks like that’s out. 

That's probably the smart pick.  If the Jets job craps out then restarting a career in sports media with that high a profile again might be difficult.