Portnoy: Todd McShay to join Joe Douglas on Jets staff

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah because taking offense to someone who thinks an adult wearing a shirt with curse words on it is not intelligent is the epitome of intelligent, sparky?

I don't remember saying I was offended, I did say it was a shirt that most people would think the person they saw wearing it was an idiot. You honestly don't think most people would think that if they saw you wear it sparky?

You think it's so cute, why not send your kid to school wearing one? Or wear one to work? Or maybe to a bbq or party with family? See how that ends up... ok sparky?

I think, unfortunately,  it's almost axiomatic to add insults to disagreements these days. I much prefer the way you and I did this; we have disagreeing perspectives but still comported ourselves with respect for one another. Call me an old fogie if you will, but I prefer that method to the newfangled way. Lol. Okay, sparky??

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, freestater said:

I think, unfortunately,  it's almost axiomatic to add insults to disagreements these days. I much prefer the way you and I did this; we have disagreeing perspectives but still comported ourselves with respect for one another. Call me an old fogie if you will, but I prefer that method to the newfangled way. Lol. Okay, sparky??

Well said. I feel the same way. 

When you and I discussed this subject we both remained civil, and listened to each other. Isn't it amazing how two people can simply agree to disagree when that happens?

I don't understand it when a person's first instinct is to react in anger or sarcasm to an opinion different then their own. If you take the time to ask and listen to why they feel the way they do, your opinion might or might not change. Or you just might learn something. At the very least you might make (or keep) a friend.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well said. I feel the same way. 

When you and I discussed this subject we both remained civil, and listened to each other. Isn't it amazing how two people can simply agree to disagree when that happens?

I don't understand it when a person's first instinct is to react in anger or sarcasm to an opinion different then their own. If you take the time to ask and listen to why they feel the way they do, your opinion might or might not change. Or you just might learn something. At the very least you might make (or keep) a friend.  

Completely agree, my friend. And that doesn't mean I need to always agree with someone to call them friend.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Lith said:
Don't see this as a big loss.  Guy has no NFL Personnel experience, let him stay with ESPN.

This is PR spin. He didn't get the job so they allow him to save face. Douglas is doing him a favor.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

FFS.

This country needs to reinstitute the Draft asap....

Everyone is such a pussy anymore.

"WAHHH! IM OFFENDED!"

Really? LOL. Nobody cares.....

So people with faith are now pussies? 

Someone is offended most listen and take note.

Classless make fun of them and say no one cares.

6 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Maybe edit the thread title? 

We run our blog posts the way we do because we don't have sources. Portnoy said it will happen, Portnoy was wrong. The thread title will forever reflect that Portnoy was wrong. Go Bruins.