There. I Said It. New York Jets - 2019 AFC East Division Champions

Its not out of the realm of possibility.  The 2 main things that would need to happen is Darnold would have to take a major step forward and Brady a major step backwards.

I think next year would be the year we take over the afc east.  Instill think brady/belly have one more run in them.

• Upvote 3

When a team has won 15 of the last 16 Divisional titles; with the same QB and HC still in place, I am not about to expect anyone else to knock them off. 

Wild card is within the realm of possiblities; but until proven otherwise, I am assuming the Division will be out of reach.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

I look at this roster, I look at this coaching staff, I look at this front office, and I look at this owner and you know what, I believe that this is the year we take a bold step.  Not next year.  This year.

Call me crazy, but I think the Patriots are there for the taking right now.  And I think that for whatever reason, the Jets as a franchise responds to change better than any organization in the NFL, each time we get a new coach and a new culture it creates a spark and pushes this team beyond its limits.  Experienced head coach, Darnold in Year 2, big-play offense, Bell ripping easy yardage on swing passes, Adams and Mosely killing it on D under Williams' psychotic direction, excellent special teams, and a favorable schedule.

We need to get off to a strong start, 4-1 looks doable leading to a Week 7 showdown at home against the Patriots in a fired-up MetLife Stadium on the highest rated MNF broadcast in decades.  Patriots take a step back, Jets take a step up, we win the Division at 11-5 on tiebreakers, hats and t-shirts for everyone.

SAR I

Cool story, bro.

Sure, winning the Division in 2019 would be great. Who wouldn't be for that?

17 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Change always brings some optimism and hope.

I am cautious to anoint them as AFCE champs but think progress will be made and see 97- as a possibility which would satisfy me. The following season should be even better.

Why next year?  Why not this year?

If you agree we have an offense that will be able to move the ball and put up a lot of points, a defense that is stout up front, a special teams that will help create positive field position, and a coaching staff that won't run an undisciplined and penalty-laden game, then you also must believe that's enough to overcome our roster shortfalls on OL and CB.

Brady, Wentz, and Roethlisberger are the only fearsome QB's on our schedule.  Take a look.  The other 12 games?  Last years rookie class and a bunch of scrubs.  I count only 2 games against dominant running backs.  I count 1 game against a bloodthirsty defense.  Where we are weak our opponents don't have much to exploit it.  We go in to the majority of games with the superior HC, DC, QB, RB, ST's, and Front 7.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you agree we have an offense that will be able to move the ball and put up a lot of points, a defense that is stout up front, a special teams that will help create positive field position, and a coaching staff that won't run an undisciplined and penalty-laden game.....

Pssst, just FYI, none of these things are facts-in-evidence yet.

Nice thoughts, but let's actually see this team take a snap before we start proclaiming them a high scoring offense with a top-5 run defense and brilliant game-changing specials, etc.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

When a team has won 15 of the last 16 Divisional titles; with the same QB and HC still in place, I am not about to expect anyone else to knock them off. 

Wild card is within the realm of possiblities; but until proven otherwise, I am assuming the Division will be out of reach.

Look at the Patriots schedule.  Look at the Jets taking one of the games.  Pats can lose 5 games quite easily.  They were 11-5 last year against the worst AFCE they have ever been served.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

I look at this roster, I look at this coaching staff, I look at this front office, and I look at this owner and you know what, I believe that this is the year we take a bold step.  Not next year.  This year.

Call me crazy, but I think the Patriots are there for the taking right now.  And I think that for whatever reason, the Jets as a franchise responds to change better than any organization in the NFL, each time we get a new coach and a new culture it creates a spark and pushes this team beyond its limits.  Experienced head coach, Darnold in Year 2, big-play offense, Bell ripping easy yardage on swing passes, Adams and Mosely killing it on D under Williams' psychotic direction, excellent special teams, and a favorable schedule.

We need to get off to a strong start, 4-1 looks doable leading to a Week 7 showdown at home against the Patriots in a fired-up MetLife Stadium on the highest rated MNF broadcast in decades.  Patriots take a step back, Jets take a step up, we win the Division at 11-5 on tiebreakers, hats and t-shirts for everyone.

SAR I

You are relentless. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pssst, just FYI, none of these things are facts-in-evidence yet.

Nice thoughts, but let's actually see this team take a snap before we start proclaiming them a high scoring offense with a top-5 run defense and brilliant game-changing specials, etc.

I understand the logic of 'cautious optimism' but I think we're past that at this point.

The Pats aren't better than last year, at best they are the same.  They went 11-5 last year.  Out of the box, the Jets are 8-8.  We are younger and hungrier and the change of the culture, coaching staff, uniforms, easy schedule, it all adds up.

SAR I

• Haha 1

That’s nice but let’s see what we look like after the first 6 games. That is going to decide a lot. The Browns, NE(x2), Buffalo, Philly, Cowboys, Jags and Fins are our opening 6 games. That isn’t easy at all.

you're looking at 4 Divisional games, two games against NFC playoff contenders and then the Jags.

like I said previously, going 3-3 would be a huge W in my book. This isn’t going to be some cake walk. The Jets have to win games if they want me to feel comfortable with where we’re at.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I almost feel bad for the pig, he has no idea what’s coming

Ah, but I do know what's coming.  But I don't feel bad for you; being cautious makes sense, I'm the fool in this equation, I get it.

Monday, October 21, 11:25 PM.  42 yard winner at the gun by Cantazaro goes through the uprights.  New York Jets are in first place in the AFC East.  Perhaps you will start to believe then.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ah, but I do know what's coming.  But I don't feel bad for you; being cautious makes sense, I'm the fool in this equation, I get it.

Monday, October 21, 11:25 PM.  42 yard winner at the gun by Cantazaro goes through the uprights.  New York Jets are in first place in the AFC East.  Perhaps you will start to believe then.

SAR I

Perhaps

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you agree we have an offense that will be able to move the ball and put up a lot of points, a defense that is stout up front, a special teams that will help create positive field position, and a coaching staff that won't run an undisciplined and penalty-laden game, then you also must believe that's enough to overcome our roster shortfalls on OL and CB.

Brady, Wentz, and Roethlisberger are the only fearsome QB's on our schedule.  Take a look.  The other 12 games?  Last years rookie class and a bunch of scrubs.  I count only 2 games against dominant running backs.  I count 1 game against a bloodthirsty defense.  Where we are weak our opponents don't have much to exploit it.  We go in to the majority of games with the superior HC, DC, QB, RB, ST's, and Front 7.

SAR I

You underestimate Mayfield et al, IMO. And while I think the Jets will certainly be in the conversation late in the year, I think winning the division is a bit overly-optimistic. Could it happen? Sure, but the helmet's could've been white, too, had they stayed in the back of Schrödinger's truck. 

the office finger guns GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

This season will go the way the o line goes. Having Joe Douglas here is a huge improvement, but as far as this year goes, Were hoping Harrison, Shell improve and Osemele stays healthy. If JD can get a C and T, I'd feel a lot closer to you, Sar. Let's see what the man can do!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

SAR I

Ah, Pats on the downtick crap division you're really not going out on a limb here.

fullsizeoutput_7b6.thumb.jpeg.dabb9d2def55e3ce8ad9fcd858b7b003.jpeg

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Because Darnold is going to have to play like an elite qb to win the division.  And a few good games at the end of last year against teams that had packed it in is not telling of how he is going to play this year.

Darnold is a huge question mark going into this year.  Like i said, if he takes a huge step forward and brady takes a huge step back, its possible.

But at this point, we have no clue what we are getting from Sam Darnold.

• Thumb Down 2

How long does it take to raise a pig for slaughter? The average meat pig weighing 50 lbs. (22 kg) being 7 weeks old will have a weight of 230 lbs. (100 kg) being 20 weeks old. The market weight differs from breed to breed, but most pigs are slaughtered at 250 lbs. being 22-27 weeks old.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

You underestimate Mayfield et al, IMO. And while I think the Jets will certainly be in the conversation late in the year, I think winning the division is a bit overly-optimistic. Could it happen? Sure, but the helmet's could've been white, too, had they stayed in the back of Schrödinger's truck. 

The Browns have a very good chance of making everyone forget about the Pats this year. A middle aged woman with calloused hands, a shriveled octogenarian wang and $72 will be all anyone remembers. 

We end up with a season to build on and Elizabeth Hurley. 

Not too shabby. 

• Upvote 3

Great OP. Love and feel the optimism. Would love nothing more than to celebrate a Division Championship, but I need to see it on game days. Speaking only for myself, have heard too much talk and not enough winning out of this team over the years, and am not ready to go all in with the emotional investment that I would make for a winner - yet - s h o w  m e! First 5 or 6 games are tough and as losable as they are winnable. If this really is different, they will be able to show all of us straight away. Could also lose a bunch in the beginning until things gel and still make a strong finish for the division. 

Training camp starts NEXT MONTH. Holy $hit.

• Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It feels weird in my bones agreeing with SAR I so much... I think they are a dark house... I love that gase is on his second team as hc... So much better feeling then a rookie hc... And Williams has a lot of talent to make this a very good Def... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

SAR I

I will allow this. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Nobody is underestimating Mayfield... He is talking about a rookie hc and a implosive locker room has a better chance of becoming unstable and underperforming. 

Look at the 'dream team' of eagles for reference... 

7 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

We're rich, no need to panic.

How do you become rich by making wise decisions. Buy when it's low, and sell when it's high.   Sar1 is no different he would sell his Jet tickets in a heartbeat , if he was to make a big profit.( than upgrade his car to higher class) 

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

How do you become rich by making wise decisions. Buy when it's low, and sell when it's high.   Sar1 is no different he would sell his Jet tickets in a heartbeat , if he was to make a big profit.( than upgrade his car to higher class) 

Did you order your seats for Vegas or are you stuck in the cesspool of Oakland.

• Upvote 1